|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
(a) Evidence of danger.
(b) More than Watson.
(c) Anything to hurt Helen.
(d) An escape.
2. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) Her old bedroom.
(b) The inn.
(c) Her housekeeper's room.
(d) A room in the damaged wing.
3. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) There was a storm outside.
(b) Her mind was on her sister.
(c) There are so many doors in that great house.
(d) She was so frightened.
4. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
(a) Hanging clothing.
(b) Ringing a bell.
(c) Getting out of bed.
(d) Pulling the blinds.
5. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(c) Speak freely.
(d) Take comfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
4. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
5. What was Julia wearing when she died?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)