|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
(a) The window.
(b) The scaffolding.
(c) The lawn.
(d) The fireplace.
2. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
(a) At a tavern.
(b) At the house.
(c) With the gypsies.
(d) In town.
3. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
(b) His guns.
(c) Business papers.
(d) Stragely shaped packets.
4. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
(a) A week.
(b) 2 days.
(c) A day.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) On the corner of the bed.
(c) In a cane.
(d) On top of the safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
3. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
4. How did the big man get to Holmes's house?
5. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)