|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A devil and a saint.
(b) A farmer and a businessman.
(c) A prisoner and a detective.
(d) A desperate man and a genius.
2. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) The shuttered window.
(b) The bars in the chimney.
(c) Some crawling in the air ducts.
(d) A mechanical device.
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(a) Take comfort.
(d) Speak freely.
4. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
5. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She wants to do some reading.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She is very tired.
(d) She needs some time alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
2. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
3. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
4. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
5. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)