|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) He never had time to write about it.
(d) He made a promise of secrecy.
2. What is the second room Holmes looks at inside the house?
(a) The housekeeper's.
(b) Dr. Roylott's.
3. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
(a) A pipe.
(c) All of these.
(d) A cigarette.
4. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(c) Early afternoon.
5. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) A toothbrush and a revolver.
(b) A hairbrush and a cane.
(c) His medical bag and some shoes.
(d) A dagger and a cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
2. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
3. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
4. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
5. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)