|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) Some jerked beef.
(b) A saucer of milk.
(c) A jar of ink.
(d) A bottle of brandy.
2. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(b) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(c) His wife asked him to.
(d) He has more time on his hands.
3. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
(a) $1,000 a month.
(b) $750 a month.
(c) $500 a month.
(d) $1,250 a month.
4. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The University.
(c) The Doctors Commons.
(d) A library.
5. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
(a) All the time.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every other day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
3. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
4. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
5. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)