|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A devil and a saint.
(b) A prisoner and a detective.
(c) A farmer and a businessman.
(d) A desperate man and a genius.
2. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
(a) Write a letter to her fiance.
(b) Run some errands.
(c) Buy herself a weapon.
(d) Speak with the police.
3. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) Some jerked beef.
(b) A jar of ink.
(c) A bottle of brandy.
(d) A saucer of milk.
4. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(a) Early afternoon.
5. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
2. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
4. What time does Holmes return from his researching?
5. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)