|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) A saucer of milk.
(b) Some jerked beef.
(c) A bottle of brandy.
(d) A jar of ink.
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $250 a month.
(b) $150 a month.
(c) $350 a month.
(d) $450 a month.
3. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) A hole in the wall.
(b) Locks on the windows.
(c) A ventilator shaft.
(d) A fake bell-pull.
4. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) A dagger and a cloak.
(b) His medical bag and some shoes.
(c) A hairbrush and a cane.
(d) A toothbrush and a revolver.
5. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
2. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
3. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
4. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
5. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)