|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(a) Some tea.
(b) His walking shoes.
(d) A map of the country.
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(a) A nightdress.
(b) A ball gown.
(d) A riding suit.
3. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
(a) A dog.
(b) A printing press.
4. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to bail him out of jail.
(b) She has had to pay court fees.
(c) She has had to repair the house.
(d) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
5. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
2. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
3. What does Holmes hit the bell pull with when the whistling sound begins?
4. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
5. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)