|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Sly and cunning.
(b) Far too advanced for his own good.
(d) Almost magical.
2. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A wine goblet.
(c) A match.
(d) A letter opener.
3. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Never be alone with him.
(b) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(c) Arm herself.
(d) Lock her door.
4. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
(a) The wooden chair.
(b) The bed.
(c) The safe.
(d) The window pane.
5. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
2. How long do Watson and Holmes wait in Julia's dark room?
3. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
4. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)