|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every ten minutes.
(d) Every quarter hour.
2. What color is the house?
3. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
(a) Speak with the police.
(b) Write a letter to her fiance.
(c) Buy herself a weapon.
(d) Run some errands.
4. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A farmer and a businessman.
(b) A desperate man and a genius.
(c) A prisoner and a detective.
(d) A devil and a saint.
5. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
(a) A little hesitant.
(c) There is no change at all.
(d) More interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
2. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
3. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
4. Where does the ventilator in Julia's room lead to?
5. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)