|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson say the house is shaped like?
(a) A crab.
(b) A spider.
(c) A prison.
(d) A boulder.
2. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(b) A map of the country.
(c) Some tea.
(d) His walking shoes.
3. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) The roaring of animals.
(b) A tapping on her door.
(c) A storm.
(d) The singing of the gypsies.
4. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(b) An animal.
(d) A gypsy.
5. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
(a) Nothing has been moved out of the room.
(b) The wall does not need repairs.
(c) The scaffolding is not set up correctly.
(d) There are no workers there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
2. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
3. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
4. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
5. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)