|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
(a) A door handle.
(b) A fire poker.
(c) A high backed chair.
(d) A hammer.
2. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stoke Moran.
(b) Strike Mount.
(c) Sting Harvey.
(d) Stone Haven.
3. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
(a) A wind blown shutter.
(b) A humming child.
(c) A tea kettle.
(d) A squeaking hinge.
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Riotous living.
(d) Philanthropy unchecked.
5. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
2. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
3. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
4. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
5. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)