|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A wine goblet.
(d) A match.
2. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) A saucer of milk.
(b) A jar of ink.
(c) A bottle of brandy.
(d) Some jerked beef.
3. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(b) They take a carriage.
(d) They walk.
4. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
5. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
(a) Strange noises.
(b) Light from Roylott's room.
(d) Cigar smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
2. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
3. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
4. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
5. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)