|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
(a) An escape.
(b) Evidence of danger.
(c) More than Watson.
(d) Anything to hurt Helen.
2. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
(a) The lawn.
(b) The scaffolding.
(c) The window.
(d) The fireplace.
3. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(c) Early afternoon.
4. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(b) To keep their step-father out.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To keep the wind out.
5. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Helen Stoner.
(b) Harriet Stoker.
(c) Helene Steiner.
(d) Heather Stickler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
2. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
3. How did the young lady's mother die?
4. How do Holmes and Watson get onto the property at night?
5. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)