|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
(a) The morgue.
(b) A library.
(c) The University.
(d) The Doctors Commons.
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
4. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Mint tea.
(b) Cold water.
(d) Smelling salts.
5. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) Dr. Roylott.
(c) A butler at the Roylott house.
(d) Helen's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
3. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
4. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)