|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
(a) Her ankles.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her wrists.
(d) Her fingers.
2. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
3. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
4. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
5. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Riotous living.
(c) Philanthropy unchecked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
2. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
3. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
4. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
5. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)