|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
2. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 750 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
3. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) She climbed out her window.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) She fell down some stairs.
4. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
(a) Write a letter to her fiance.
(b) Buy herself a weapon.
(c) Speak with the police.
(d) Run some errands.
5. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
2. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
3. Where does the ventilator in Julia's room lead to?
4. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
5. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)