|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay court fees.
(b) She has had to repair the house.
(c) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
(d) She has had to bail him out of jail.
2. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(c) A gypsy.
(d) An animal.
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Helping women in distress.
(d) Following Holmes's cases.
4. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is very persuasive.
(b) He is desperate.
(c) He is smart.
(d) He has no guilt.
5. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
(a) A dog.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second room Holmes looks at inside the house?
2. What caused the bruising on Helen?
3. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
4. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
5. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)