|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) A dagger and a cloak.
(b) A toothbrush and a revolver.
(c) A hairbrush and a cane.
(d) His medical bag and some shoes.
2. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(a) A local officer.
(c) His housekeeper.
3. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
(a) It is severely warped.
(b) It is worm eaten.
(c) It has termites.
(d) It has been scratched at.
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It took longer than usual to solve.
(b) It was never solved.
(c) It was solved by someone else.
(d) It was very unusual.
5. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stone Haven.
(b) Sting Harvey.
(c) Stoke Moran.
(d) Strike Mount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
2. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
3. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
4. What did Helen think Julia died of?
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)