|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) By train.
2. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 2:00 am.
(b) 5:00 am.
(c) 3:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
3. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The letter opener.
(b) The sound of laughter.
(c) The match in her hand.
(d) Her nakedness.
4. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Metallic clanging.
(b) Creaking wood.
(d) Maniacal laughter.
5. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) A hairbrush and a cane.
(b) His medical bag and some shoes.
(c) A toothbrush and a revolver.
(d) A dagger and a cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
2. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
3. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
4. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
5. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)