|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Maniacal laughter.
(b) Creaking wood.
(d) Metallic clanging.
3. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A devil and a saint.
(b) A desperate man and a genius.
(c) A farmer and a businessman.
(d) A prisoner and a detective.
4. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
(a) A dog.
(c) A printing press.
5. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) His work.
(b) Helping others.
(c) The money.
(d) Punishing villains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
4. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
5. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)