|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
2. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Acute observance.
(b) Plain clues.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Psychic abilities.
3. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) A local officer.
4. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(a) Self mutilation.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Violent attack.
5. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The match in her hand.
(b) The sound of laughter.
(c) The letter opener.
(d) Her nakedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
2. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
4. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
5. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)