|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To keep their step-father out.
(c) To keep the wind out.
(d) To feel safer on the ground floor.
2. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
3. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(a) Philanthropy unchecked.
(d) Riotous living.
4. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Lock her door.
(b) Arm herself.
(c) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(d) Never be alone with him.
5. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 750 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
2. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
3. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
4. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
5. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)