|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
2. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Plain clues.
3. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
4. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
(a) A small cot.
(b) A canopy bed.
(c) A day bed.
(d) A camp bed.
5. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Helen Stoner.
(b) Heather Stickler.
(c) Harriet Stoker.
(d) Helene Steiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
2. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
3. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
4. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
5. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)