|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
(a) Lit a match to see something.
(b) Drank some alcohol.
(c) Opened her window.
(d) Took off her clothes.
2. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
(a) The bed.
(b) The wooden chair.
(c) The window pane.
(d) The safe.
3. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
(a) A metal clanging.
(b) Maniacal laughter.
(c) A high whistling.
(d) A cranking wood sound.
4. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
5. What does Watson say the house is shaped like?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A prison.
(c) A crab.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
4. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
5. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)