|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $150 a month.
(b) $450 a month.
(c) $250 a month.
(d) $350 a month.
2. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) She was attacked by dogs.
(b) She fell out a window.
(c) In a railway accident.
(d) In childbirth.
3. What does Watson say the house is shaped like?
(a) A spider.
(b) A prison.
(c) A crab.
(d) A boulder.
4. What is the second room Holmes looks at inside the house?
(b) The housekeeper's.
(c) Dr. Roylott's.
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) Her stepfather.
(b) She fell down some stairs.
(c) She climbed out her window.
(d) She did it to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
2. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
3. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
4. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
5. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)