|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
(a) Cosgrove Place.
(b) Sussex Village.
(c) Baker Street.
(d) Trafalgar Square.
2. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
(a) Dr. Roylott's.
(c) The kitchen.
3. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By train.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
4. During what month does this book begin?
5. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
(a) He is smarter than Roylott.
(b) He knows Roylott's next move.
(c) He has a better plan than Roylott.
(d) He is calmer than Roylott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
2. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
3. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
4. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
5. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)