|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
(a) Helen's fiance.
(c) The big man.
(d) A gypsy.
2. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
3. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
4. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She fell down some stairs.
(b) She did it to herself.
(c) She climbed out her window.
(d) Her stepfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
2. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
3. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
4. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
5. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)