|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
(b) There was a drop in military salaries.
(c) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(d) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
2. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
3. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By train.
(d) On foot.
4. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His hand.
(c) His scarf.
(d) His hat.
5. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
(d) The next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
2. What does Watson say the house is shaped like?
3. How does Holmes feel when he is unable to open the windows from outside?
4. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
5. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)