|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
(a) The bell pull.
(b) A gothic mirror.
(c) Many locks on the door.
(d) A bottle of smelling salts.
2. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(a) An animal.
(c) A gypsy.
3. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) Locks on the windows.
(b) A hole in the wall.
(c) A ventilator shaft.
(d) A fake bell-pull.
4. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
5. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
(a) The big man.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) Helen's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
3. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
4. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
5. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)