|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stoke Moran.
(b) Strike Mount.
(c) Stone Haven.
(d) Sting Harvey.
2. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
(a) The lawn.
(b) The ventilator.
(c) Helen's room.
(d) Julia's room.
3. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) A hole in the wall.
(b) Locks on the windows.
(c) A fake bell-pull.
(d) A ventilator shaft.
4. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In a cane.
(c) On the corner of the bed.
(d) On top of the safe.
5. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
2. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
3. Why does Holmes hesitate about involving Watson in the night's plan?
4. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
5. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)