|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
2. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 750 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
3. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
4. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) A viscious past.
(b) His greed and laziness.
(c) Family genes.
(d) Paranoid tendencies.
5. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She needs some time alone.
(b) She wants to do some reading.
(c) She has a headache.
(d) She is very tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
2. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
3. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
4. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
5. How did the young lady's mother die?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)