|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
2. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) A ventilator shaft.
(b) Locks on the windows.
(c) A hole in the wall.
(d) A fake bell-pull.
3. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) A local officer.
4. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
(c) Packs his bag.
5. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) A concealed dagger.
(b) A dog leash.
(c) An Indian book.
(d) A hole in the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
2. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
3. What time does Holmes return from his researching?
4. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
5. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)