|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
2. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. Why does Holmes hesitate about involving Watson in the night's plan?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) They could get caught.
(c) He is engaged.
(d) He might get in the way.
4. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Helen Stoner.
(b) Harriet Stoker.
(c) Heather Stickler.
(d) Helene Steiner.
5. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) A mechanical device.
(b) The bars in the chimney.
(c) The shuttered window.
(d) Some crawling in the air ducts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
2. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
3. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
4. How did the young lady's mother die?
5. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)