|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(a) Riotous living.
(d) Philanthropy unchecked.
2. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) A fake bell-pull.
(b) A hole in the wall.
(c) A ventilator shaft.
(d) Locks on the windows.
3. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(a) Some tea.
(b) His walking shoes.
(c) A map of the country.
4. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(b) An animal.
(c) A gypsy.
5. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(b) There was a drop in military salaries.
(c) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
(d) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
2. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
3. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
4. Who does Holmes think killed Julia?
5. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)