|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 750 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $450 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $150 a month.
(d) $350 a month.
4. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A prisoner and a detective.
(b) A farmer and a businessman.
(c) A desperate man and a genius.
(d) A devil and a saint.
5. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
2. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
3. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
4. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
5. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)