|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
(a) $1,000 a month.
(b) $1,250 a month.
(c) $500 a month.
(d) $750 a month.
2. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) The untimely death of her mother.
(b) His time in the military.
(c) Living in poverty.
(d) Living in the tropics.
3. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(a) A local officer.
(d) His housekeeper.
4. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An angry man.
(d) A desperate man.
5. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
(b) There was a drop in military salaries.
(c) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(d) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
2. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
3. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
4. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
5. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)