|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She is very tired.
(b) She needs some time alone.
(c) She has a headache.
(d) She wants to do some reading.
2. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A day.
3. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) A dagger and a cloak.
(b) A hairbrush and a cane.
(c) A toothbrush and a revolver.
(d) His medical bag and some shoes.
4. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
(a) An escape.
(b) Evidence of danger.
(c) More than Watson.
(d) Anything to hurt Helen.
5. Who does Holmes think killed Julia?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) A gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
2. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
3. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
4. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
5. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)