|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) Her old bedroom.
(b) The inn.
(c) A room in the damaged wing.
(d) Her housekeeper's room.
2. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 750 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
4. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
(a) Helen's fiance.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) Dr. Roylott.
(d) A butler at the Roylott house.
5. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) An angry man.
(b) A desperate man.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady?
2. When does Roylott get home from the city?
3. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
4. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
5. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)