|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She needs some time alone.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She wants to do some reading.
(d) She is very tired.
2. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A devil and a saint.
(b) A farmer and a businessman.
(c) A prisoner and a detective.
(d) A desperate man and a genius.
3. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
(a) A high backed chair.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A fire poker.
(d) A door handle.
4. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) A room in the damaged wing.
(b) Her housekeeper's room.
(c) Her old bedroom.
(d) The inn.
5. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) A ventilator shaft.
(b) A fake bell-pull.
(c) Locks on the windows.
(d) A hole in the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
2. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
3. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
4. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
5. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)