|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
3. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
(b) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(c) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
(d) There was a drop in military salaries.
4. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A desperate man and a genius.
(b) A farmer and a businessman.
(c) A devil and a saint.
(d) A prisoner and a detective.
5. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(a) An animal.
(b) A gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
2. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
3. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
4. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
5. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)