|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) The shuttered window.
(b) Some crawling in the air ducts.
(c) The bars in the chimney.
(d) A mechanical device.
2. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A pipe.
(d) All of these.
3. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) Holmes says he will be useful.
(b) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
(c) He wants to see the action.
(d) He wants to protect Helen.
4. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
(a) A hole in the wall.
(b) A fake bell-pull.
(c) A ventilator shaft.
(d) Locks on the windows.
5. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) She was attacked by dogs.
(b) In a railway accident.
(c) She fell out a window.
(d) In childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
2. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
3. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
4. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
5. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)