|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
2. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A devil and a saint.
(b) A desperate man and a genius.
(c) A farmer and a businessman.
(d) A prisoner and a detective.
3. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
4. What did Holmes notice about Julia's bed?
(a) It was made from two kinds of wood.
(b) It was cracked in the middle.
(c) It was oddly close to the window.
(d) It was clamped to the floor.
5. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes hesitate about involving Watson in the night's plan?
2. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
3. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
4. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
5. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)