One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
(b) All of these.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A cigarette.
2. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
(a) More than Watson.
(b) An escape.
(c) Evidence of danger.
(d) Anything to hurt Helen.
3. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) The bars in the chimney.
(b) A mechanical device.
(c) Some crawling in the air ducts.
(d) The shuttered window.
4. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
(a) The lawn.
(b) Helen's room.
(c) The ventilator.
(d) Julia's room.
5. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He caught a fever.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was beaten to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
2. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
3. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
4. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
5. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)