|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lett punish the boys?
2. Why does Nabokov feel exiled in Crimea, a Russian territory?
3. What casts a cloud over the exiled Russian intelligentsia?
4. How does she respond to his poem?
5. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about Nabokov's time spent in Biarritz? What does one learn about his character and view of women?
Essay Topic 2
Nabokov seems to have a close relationship with his father.
Part 1) Describe their relationship.
Part 2) Compare and contrast Nabokov's relationship with his father and his relationship with his mother.
Part 3) What are possible reasons for the differences in the two relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Nabokov has always had difficulty sleeping.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What is the purpose of an autobiography?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this autobiography?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)