|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than his wife, what does Nabokov claim about his good friends?
2. When does Nabokov begin to write poetry?
3. Who is their first spelling tutor?
4. What does Nabokov confess about Yuri and himself?
5. On what does the rest of the family live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This autobiographical work ends with the family leaving on a boat for the United States.
Part 1) What might be the reason they decide to immigrate to the United States?
Part 2) What struggles might the family encounter? Why?
Part 3) Will Nabokov be successful in the United States? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The second chapter focuses on Nabokov's mother.
Part 1) Describe Nabokov's mother.
Part 2) Compare Nabokov and his mother.
Part 3) What is Nabokov's relationship like with his mother?
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about Nabokov's time spent in Biarritz? What does one learn about his character and view of women?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)