|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cambridge, how is Nabokov's life?
2. To where do the boys win scholarships?
3. How does she respond to his poem?
4. Why do they hire the village schoolmaster, though he is not technically one of the family's regular tutors?
5. Why does she hand him a hand mirror?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With what is Nabokov fascinated, in fact, obsessed? Give examples from the text to support your response. How do the members of his household encourage this obsession?
Essay Topic 2
Nabokov gives a brief history of his maternal and paternal ancestors.
Part 1) Describe his paternal and maternal ancestors.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these ancestors.
Part 3) What can one learn about Nabokov from this information?
Essay Topic 3
Nabokov's family is exiled from Russia.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) How is Nabokov's life is Western Europe?
Part 3) Although, Nabokov says his anger towards the Bolsheviks is due to his loss of country, how might his loss of wealth and status affect him?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)