|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nabokov called in exile?
2. What is the response to Nabokov's published book of poems?
3. What does he do with a poem before he writes it down?
4. Who finds himself surrounded by social elites whose view of the Revolution is, at least at first, far more positive than his own?
5. To where do the boys win scholarships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about Nabokov's time spent in Biarritz? What does one learn about his character and view of women?
Essay Topic 2
There is a great gulf between classes in early-twentieth century Russia.
Part 1) What evidence from the text proves this statement.
Part 2) How does this separation of classes affect Russia?
Part 3) How might Nabokov's experiences have changed once he emigrates to Western Europe, and finally to the United States? How mighthe feel about these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Lenski is one of the more significant tutors in Nabokov's teen years?
Part 1) What is Nobakov's opinion of Lenski?
Part 2) What does Lenski try to give both the boys and their father?
Part 3) How do the boys react to their education from Lenski? How might this information be useful to them in later years?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)