|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Nabokovs eventually have?
2. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
3. Who dies young of a heart ailment?
4. Who is he surprised to see on stage as "The Gala Girls?"
5. When does his first poem take shape in his mind?
Essay Topic 1
This autobiographical work ends with the family leaving on a boat for the United States.
Part 1) What might be the reason they decide to immigrate to the United States?
Part 2) What struggles might the family encounter? Why?
Part 3) Will Nabokov be successful in the United States? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Nabokov lives a bourgeois, aristocratic life.
Part 1) What evidence from the text suggests this?
Part 2) When and why does this lifestyle end?
Part 3) How does Nabokov handle this change in lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about Nabokov's time spent in Biarritz? What does one learn about his character and view of women?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)