|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they hire the village schoolmaster, though he is not technically one of the family's regular tutors?
(a) To give them mathematics lessons.
(b) To give them a crash course in the Russian language.
(c) To give them writing lessons.
(d) To give them French lessons.
2. What do Yuri and Nabokov invent?
(a) A tool to make household chores easier.
(b) A game.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A way to distract siblings.
3. Who does Nabokov meet at the age of sixteen?
(a) His cousin, Yuri.
(b) A young girl named Colette.
(c) A young girl named Tamara.
(d) His youngest brother.
4. Vladimir is raised by his own share of governesses and tutors but where does he go at the age of 13?
(a) Poly Preparatory.
(b) St. Petersburg Academy.
(c) The Gymnasium.
(d) Berkshire Boys Academy.
5. Who does Nabokov marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is writing a poem, to what is he prone?
2. What is Vladimir elected to, which the Tsar dissolves?
3. How does Nabokov describe the poet?
4. Why is Nabokov's tutor rebuked by his mother?
5. What happens to Yuri in northern Crimea?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)