|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of tutors does Nabokov's father seem to intentionally choose?
(a) Tutors with a background in Russian literature.
(b) Those with experience working with aristocrat's children.
(c) Tutors with widely varying backgrounds and subjects of expertise.
(d) Those who attend college at Cambridge.
2. Other than his wife, what does Nabokov claim about his good friends?
(a) They are all writers.
(b) He has many.
(c) They are artists and writers, like himself.
(d) To have made no more than two good friends over a span of twenty years.
3. His other brother, Sergey, is only a year younger than Nabokov. The two are raised together, but what makes them different?
(a) They have different fathers.
(b) They have disparate interests.
(c) They have different hair color.
(d) They have different tutors.
4. During this time, of what does Nabokov seem incapable?
(a) Of getting married.
(b) A solid connection to any of the societies around him.
(c) Having too many friends.
(d) Failing as a writer.
5. How many children do the Nabokovs eventually have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tutor looks like the French actor Max Linder?
2. Why is Nabokov's tutor rebuked by his mother?
3. Why does Sergey end up in a concentration camp?
4. How does Lett punish the boys?
5. When does Nabokov begin to write poetry?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)