|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Nabokov's status as a child of the intelligentsia often do to him?
(a) It makes him stand out in a crowd.
(b) It encourages him to make friends.
(c) It isolates him from his fellow students
(d) He receives many compliments.
2. Who dies young of a heart ailment?
(a) The schoolmaster.
(b) A Greek spelling tutor.
(c) A Polish tutor.
(d) A Ukrainian mathematician.
3. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) Johnny Appleseed.
(c) Bonnie and Clyde.
(d) The Headless Horseman.
4. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
(a) Nabokov's uncle.
(b) The Nabokov family.
(c) Colette parents.
(d) Tamara's parents.
5. Why does Sergey end up in a concentration camp?
(a) He is captured by the Nazis as a POW.
(b) Due to his outspoken opposition to the regime.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He humiliated a high-ranking official.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is writing a poem, to what is he prone?
2. What does Vladimir study at St. Petersburg University?
3. Why is Nabokov's tutor rebuked by his mother?
4. What does Nabokov remember about his father's remarkable writing ability?
5. What puts Nabokov at odds with many of his colleagues?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)