|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nabokov develops a fondness for what?
(b) Lawn tennis.
(c) Composing chess problems.
2. What is Vladimir elected to, which the Tsar dissolves?
(a) First Russian Parliament.
(b) Russian Congress.
(c) First Russian Senate.
(d) Russian House of Burgesses.
3. When does Nabokov begin to write poetry?
(a) Around 1924.
(b) Around 1914.
(c) Around 1934.
(d) Around 1904.
4. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
(a) The Nabokov family.
(b) Colette parents.
(c) Nabokov's uncle.
(d) Tamara's parents.
5. How does Sergei save the brothers from the Bolsheviks on the train?
(a) He convinces them he has typhus and that is why they are traveling alone in a locked compartment.
(b) He holds them out a window.
(c) He convinces the Bolsheviks that he has leprosy.
(d) He shoots at the Bolsheviks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nabokov confess about Yuri and himself?
2. Who does Nabokov meet at the age of sixteen?
3. At what does Nabokov hint about Sergey?
4. What do both Vladimir's writings on technical matters as well as philosophical have in common?
5. To where do the boys win scholarships?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)