|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens, when winter comes, to their love affair?
(a) It fades to nothing.
(b) It has to endure a life of closer scrutiny.
(c) It ends.
(d) It comes out in the open.
2. In 1910, what do the Nabokov brothers acquire?
(a) Teeth braces.
(b) A new nanny.
(c) A new estate.
(d) A dog.
3. After Cambridge, how is Nabokov's life?
(a) A life of financial destitution and intellectual opulence.
(b) A similar life to that in Russia.
(c) A life of financial success and artistic destitution.
(d) A middle-class life.
4. Who does Nabokov marry?
5. What does Nabokov remember about his father's remarkable writing ability?
(a) He could spell any word.
(b) He could write sentence after sentence without correction.
(c) He has beautiful handwriting.
(d) He is very poetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing he recalls suddenly becoming aware of while creating a poem?
2. What does the headstrong Yuri in later life introduce to Nabokov?
3. What does she tell him when he is finished reciting the poem?
4. Why is Lenski working as a tutor?
5. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)