|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1904, who does Nabokov remember meeting for the first time?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His youngest brother.
(d) His sister.
2. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) To give power to the Soviets.
(b) Tries to limit the extent of Soviet control.
(c) To support the Soviets.
(d) To encourage Soviet control.
3. Why does Nabokov feel exiled in Crimea, a Russian territory?
(a) The environment is so foreign.
(b) He misses Tamara.
(c) He does not have his family with him.
(d) He misses his butterflies.
4. Why do they hire the village schoolmaster, though he is not technically one of the family's regular tutors?
(a) To give them French lessons.
(b) To give them a crash course in the Russian language.
(c) To give them mathematics lessons.
(d) To give them writing lessons.
5. Who dies young of a heart ailment?
(a) The schoolmaster.
(b) A Ukrainian mathematician.
(c) A Greek spelling tutor.
(d) A Polish tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is publication like outside of Russia?
2. How does Nabokov's father die?
3. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
4. Vladimir is raised by his own share of governesses and tutors but where does he go at the age of 13?
5. At what does Nabokov hint about Sergey?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)