|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nabokov's father die?
(a) He is assassinated in Berlin.
(b) He has a heart attack in Paris.
(c) He has a stroke in Berlin.
(d) He commits suicide in Paris.
2. What is the last Nabokov hears of Lenski?
(a) He is scrapping by, selling painted seashells on the Riviera in France.
(b) He is working as an actor in London.
(c) He owns a restaurant in Dublin.
(d) He is a professor at the University of Paris.
3. What do both Vladimir's writings on technical matters as well as philosophical have in common?
(a) They are filled with mistakes.
(b) They have the same steadiness of thought.
(c) They are both boring.
(d) They are inspiring.
4. What earns Vladimir several rebukes from the Tsarist government?
(a) His increasing outspokenness about human rights.
(b) His tardiness to meetings.
(c) His refusal to be on this council.
(d) His teasing of the Tsarina.
5. Why do they hire the village schoolmaster, though he is not technically one of the family's regular tutors?
(a) To give them French lessons.
(b) To give them mathematics lessons.
(c) To give them writing lessons.
(d) To give them a crash course in the Russian language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the family travel through on their way to London?
2. On what does the rest of the family live?
3. What does Vladimir study at St. Petersburg University?
4. Though he is an excellent teacher to the Nabokov boys, what does Lenski find difficult?
5. Why does Sergey end up in a concentration camp?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)