|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boredom of the audience at these poetry performances is obvious to everyone but whom?
2. Other than his wife, what does Nabokov claim about his good friends?
(a) To have made no more than two good friends over a span of twenty years.
(b) They are all writers.
(c) They are artists and writers, like himself.
(d) He has many.
3. Why does Nabokov have secret spots?
(a) He finds them while writing poetry.
(b) He has found them in pursuit of butterflies.
(c) He and his brother play in the secret spots.
(d) He and Tamara find the secret spots.
4. Who finds himself surrounded by social elites whose view of the Revolution is, at least at first, far more positive than his own?
5. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) The Headless Horseman.
(c) Johnny Appleseed.
(d) Bonnie and Clyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is publication like outside of Russia?
2. What intrigues the young Nabokov about the novel?
3. What is the subject of this chapter?
4. What does he describe with obvious revelry?
5. In 1904, who does Nabokov remember meeting for the first time?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)