|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) Tries to limit the extent of Soviet control.
(b) To give power to the Soviets.
(c) To encourage Soviet control.
(d) To support the Soviets.
2. What fills Nabokov with surprise, while roller-skating?
(a) Colette is also roller-skating.
(b) He is not very good.
(c) An older American girl comments on his excellent skating.
(d) His mother skates very well.
3. How does she respond to his poem?
(a) She sits listening with tears in her eyes.
(b) She is hardly paying attention to the poem.
(c) She does not think it is very good.
(d) She sits patiently and then asks a lot of questions.
4. Why is Lenski working as a tutor?
(a) He loves teaching children.
(b) To put himself through graduate school at the University in St. Petersburg.
(c) He is paying off a debt to Nabokov's father.
(d) To put his son through undergraduate school at Cambridge.
5. What country does the family travel through on their way to London?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nabokov's father die?
2. What does Nabokov remember about his father's remarkable writing ability?
3. How is Nabokov's life at Cambridge, compared to his former existence?
4. What is publication like outside of Russia?
5. Why does she hand him a hand mirror?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)