|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tutor looks like the French actor Max Linder?
(a) A Greek spelling teacher.
(b) A Russian literature tutor.
(c) A graduate student.
(d) A polish medical student.
2. When does his first poem take shape in his mind?
(a) During a theatrical performance.
(b) While sitting with his mother.
(c) While searching for butterflies.
(d) During a sudden thunderstorm.
3. After Cambridge, how is Nabokov's life?
(a) A life of financial destitution and intellectual opulence.
(b) A similar life to that in Russia.
(c) A life of financial success and artistic destitution.
(d) A middle-class life.
4. What is one thing he recalls suddenly becoming aware of while creating a poem?
(a) He has forgotten part of the poem.
(b) His father is speaking to him.
(c) His mother is removing a plate of untouched food from in front of him.
(d) He's standing in the rain.
5. What does he describe with obvious revelry?
(a) The feeling of power and excertion in playing a game of lawn tennis with family and friends.
(b) The feeling of selfless isolation that such prolonged expenditures of concentration engenders.
(c) The feeling of freedom in hunting and capturing a new species of butterfly.
(d) The feeling of isolation and contentment when writing a work of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1904, who does Nabokov remember meeting for the first time?
2. During this time, of what does Nabokov seem incapable?
3. Who does Nabokov marry?
4. What does Sergey do during WWII?
5. What types of tutors does Nabokov's father seem to intentionally choose?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)