|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does his first poem take shape in his mind?
(a) While sitting with his mother.
(b) During a sudden thunderstorm.
(c) During a theatrical performance.
(d) While searching for butterflies.
2. Why does Nabokov have secret spots?
(a) He has found them in pursuit of butterflies.
(b) He and Tamara find the secret spots.
(c) He and his brother play in the secret spots.
(d) He finds them while writing poetry.
3. What tutor looks like the French actor Max Linder?
(a) A graduate student.
(b) A Greek spelling teacher.
(c) A Russian literature tutor.
(d) A polish medical student.
4. What does Vladimir study at St. Petersburg University?
5. While he is writing a poem, to what is he prone?
(a) To bounce ideas off his mother.
(b) Long lapses of attention to the world around him.
(c) To wander aimlessly through the forest.
(d) To sing to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sergei save the brothers from the Bolsheviks on the train?
2. What puts Nabokov at odds with many of his colleagues?
3. Why does Nabokov feel exiled in Crimea, a Russian territory?
4. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
5. Vladimir is raised by his own share of governesses and tutors but where does he go at the age of 13?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)