|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nabokov ride his bike each afternoon past the house of the family's head coachmen?
(a) He needs to apologize to the coachman.
(b) He wants to see his prize stallion.
(c) He wants to learn how to drive a coach.
(d) The coachman's daughter, Polenka, watches him ride by.
2. How does Lett punish the boys?
(a) By giving them chores to do.
(b) By having them sit facing a corner.
(c) By forcing them to spar with him in the boxing ring.
(d) By telling their parents.
3. In 1914, a sixteen-year-old Yuri visits the Nabokovs,and what does he produce?
(a) A book for Nabokov.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A new invention.
(d) A cigarette case.
4. Why do they hire the village schoolmaster, though he is not technically one of the family's regular tutors?
(a) To give them mathematics lessons.
(b) To give them writing lessons.
(c) To give them French lessons.
(d) To give them a crash course in the Russian language.
5. What does Sergey do during WWII?
(a) He emigrates to the United States and joins the Army.
(b) He is employed as a translator in Berlin.
(c) He is an SS soldier.
(d) He builds weaponry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
2. Though he is an excellent teacher to the Nabokov boys, what does Lenski find difficult?
3. What is Vladimir elected to, which the Tsar dissolves?
4. How does Nabokov's father die?
5. What is Lenski's idea for the use of Magic-Lantern Projections?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)