|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once, upon returning from the park with a poem freshly in his mind, what does he do?
(a) He recites it to his sister.
(b) He decides to recite the work to his mother.
(c) He recites it to his nanny.
(d) He recites it to his grandmother.
2. How does Sergei save the brothers from the Bolsheviks on the train?
(a) He convinces them he has typhus and that is why they are traveling alone in a locked compartment.
(b) He convinces the Bolsheviks that he has leprosy.
(c) He shoots at the Bolsheviks.
(d) He holds them out a window.
3. What is Vladimir elected to, which the Tsar dissolves?
(a) First Russian Parliament.
(b) Russian House of Burgesses.
(c) First Russian Senate.
(d) Russian Congress.
4. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
(a) Johnny Appleseed.
(b) Bonnie and Clyde.
(c) The Headless Horseman.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
5. At what does Nabokov hint about Sergey?
(a) His wish to emigrate to America.
(b) His desire to join the military.
(c) His possible homosexuality.
(d) His interest in a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nabokov's tutor rebuked by his mother?
2. What is the subject of this chapter?
3. What happens, when winter comes, to their love affair?
4. To where do the boys win scholarships?
5. Why does Sergey end up in a concentration camp?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)