|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nabokov feel exiled in Crimea, a Russian territory?
(a) The environment is so foreign.
(b) He misses Tamara.
(c) He does not have his family with him.
(d) He misses his butterflies.
2. What does Sergey do during WWII?
(a) He is employed as a translator in Berlin.
(b) He builds weaponry.
(c) He is an SS soldier.
(d) He emigrates to the United States and joins the Army.
3. How many children do the Nabokovs eventually have?
4. What is one thing he recalls suddenly becoming aware of while creating a poem?
(a) His father is speaking to him.
(b) He has forgotten part of the poem.
(c) His mother is removing a plate of untouched food from in front of him.
(d) He's standing in the rain.
5. What does Nabokov remember about his father's remarkable writing ability?
(a) He has beautiful handwriting.
(b) He could spell any word.
(c) He could write sentence after sentence without correction.
(d) He is very poetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vladimir elected to, which the Tsar dissolves?
2. Who finds himself surrounded by social elites whose view of the Revolution is, at least at first, far more positive than his own?
3. Who does Nabokov meet at the age of sixteen?
4. Vladimir is raised by his own share of governesses and tutors but where does he go at the age of 13?
5. On what does the rest of the family live?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)