|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the rest of the family live?
(a) On an estate in Germany.
(b) His father's retirement check.
(c) On government assistance.
(d) On the sale of a handful of family jewels.
2. How does Nabokov's father die?
(a) He has a stroke in Berlin.
(b) He commits suicide in Paris.
(c) He has a heart attack in Paris.
(d) He is assassinated in Berlin.
3. Why does the relationship fizzle out?
(a) Tamara is tired of him.
(b) Tamara moves back to St. Petersburg and gets a job.
(c) They no longer have anything in common.
(d) Nabokov's father finds out.
4. How does she respond to his poem?
(a) She does not think it is very good.
(b) She is hardly paying attention to the poem.
(c) She sits patiently and then asks a lot of questions.
(d) She sits listening with tears in her eyes.
5. When does his first poem take shape in his mind?
(a) During a sudden thunderstorm.
(b) While searching for butterflies.
(c) During a theatrical performance.
(d) While sitting with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lenski working as a tutor?
2. The boredom of the audience at these poetry performances is obvious to everyone but whom?
3. What country does the family travel through on their way to London?
4. In 1914, a sixteen-year-old Yuri visits the Nabokovs,and what does he produce?
5. While he is writing a poem, to what is he prone?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)