|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
(a) The Headless Horseman.
(b) Johnny Appleseed.
(c) Bonnie and Clyde.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
2. What puts Nabokov at odds with many of his colleagues?
(a) His Russian accent.
(b) His opinions of the state of affairs in his home country.
(c) His desire to emigrate to the United States.
(d) His inability to speak English.
3. What does Vladimir study at St. Petersburg University?
4. What does Nabokov say they had lost that winter in St. Petersburg?
(a) Their "sylvan security."
(b) Their "lovers' nest."
(c) Their "secret hideaway."
(d) Their "true identities."
5. What does she tell him when he is finished reciting the poem?
(a) He should find another hobby.
(b) She proclaims it wonderful and beyond compare.
(c) Studying butterflies is a better way to spend one's day.
(d) He should have it published.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the relationship between Kirill, the younger brother, and Nabokov more like that of distant friends?
2. What is the last Nabokov hears of Lenski?
3. In 1910, what do the Nabokov brothers acquire?
4. What does he describe with obvious revelry?
5. What does Nabokov confess about Yuri and himself?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)