|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the relationship between Kirill, the younger brother, and Nabokov more like that of distant friends?
(a) They have such different personalities.
(b) Due to Kirill being given up for adoption.
(c) Due to the large gap in their ages.
(d) They do not get along.
2. What is Lenski's idea for the use of Magic-Lantern Projections?
(a) To create special effects on the wall.
(b) To illustrate petic works with the use of slides.
(c) To create shadow puppets.
(d) To play in the light from the lanterns.
3. Vladimir is raised by his own share of governesses and tutors but where does he go at the age of 13?
(a) St. Petersburg Academy.
(b) Poly Preparatory.
(c) The Gymnasium.
(d) Berkshire Boys Academy.
4. Who does Nabokov meet at the age of sixteen?
(a) His cousin, Yuri.
(b) A young girl named Tamara.
(c) A young girl named Colette.
(d) His youngest brother.
5. What is the response to Nabokov's published book of poems?
(a) Critics are not kind.
(b) Huge praise.
(c) Critics want to see another book published.
(d) No response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vladimir do before hurrying young Nabokov along to school?
2. Why does Max endear himself to the dogs?
3. How does Nabokov's father die?
4. Why does the relationship fizzle out?
5. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)