|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cambridge, how is Nabokov's life?
(a) A life of financial destitution and intellectual opulence.
(b) A similar life to that in Russia.
(c) A middle-class life.
(d) A life of financial success and artistic destitution.
2. What does Nabokov confess about Yuri and himself?
(a) The devastation of war is new to them.
(b) They wish they had girlfriends.
(c) The "slums of sex" were unknown to both of them.
(d) They know nothing about America.
3. What fills Nabokov with surprise, while roller-skating?
(a) His mother skates very well.
(b) He is not very good.
(c) An older American girl comments on his excellent skating.
(d) Colette is also roller-skating.
4. Why does Nabokov feel exiled in Crimea, a Russian territory?
(a) He does not have his family with him.
(b) The environment is so foreign.
(c) He misses Tamara.
(d) He misses his butterflies.
5. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) To support the Soviets.
(b) To encourage Soviet control.
(c) Tries to limit the extent of Soviet control.
(d) To give power to the Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
2. What does the headstrong Yuri in later life introduce to Nabokov?
3. Why does Nabokov have secret spots?
4. What is the last Nabokov hears of Lenski?
5. What is the response to Nabokov's published book of poems?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)