|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What casts a cloud over the exiled Russian intelligentsia?
(a) Their inability to speak English.
(b) Their inabiltiy to move to the United States.
(c) Their inability to move to another European coutnry.
(d) The inability to publish in their home country.
2. What does he do with a poem before he writes it down?
(a) He writes it on a chalkboard.
(b) He contructs it entirely in his head.
(c) He reads the poem to his mother.
(d) He discusses his ideas with his father.
3. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) To support the Soviets.
(b) To give power to the Soviets.
(c) Tries to limit the extent of Soviet control.
(d) To encourage Soviet control.
4. Why does Nabokov have secret spots?
(a) He has found them in pursuit of butterflies.
(b) He and his brother play in the secret spots.
(c) He finds them while writing poetry.
(d) He and Tamara find the secret spots.
5. What is the response to Nabokov's published book of poems?
(a) Huge praise.
(b) No response.
(c) Critics want to see another book published.
(d) Critics are not kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nabokov's favorite Captain Mayne Reid novel?
2. What does the headstrong Yuri in later life introduce to Nabokov?
3. Why is the relationship between Kirill, the younger brother, and Nabokov more like that of distant friends?
4. What does the revolution do to most of the Russian writers and artists?
5. His other brother, Sergey, is only a year younger than Nabokov. The two are raised together, but what makes them different?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)