|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, of what does Nabokov seem incapable?
(a) Of getting married.
(b) Having too many friends.
(c) Failing as a writer.
(d) A solid connection to any of the societies around him.
2. What is Vladimir elected to, which the Tsar dissolves?
(a) Russian House of Burgesses.
(b) Russian Congress.
(c) First Russian Senate.
(d) First Russian Parliament.
3. What is Lenski's idea for the use of Magic-Lantern Projections?
(a) To create shadow puppets.
(b) To play in the light from the lanterns.
(c) To create special effects on the wall.
(d) To illustrate petic works with the use of slides.
4. Who does Nabokov meet at the age of sixteen?
(a) His youngest brother.
(b) A young girl named Colette.
(c) A young girl named Tamara.
(d) His cousin, Yuri.
5. What does Nabokov confess about Yuri and himself?
(a) They know nothing about America.
(b) They wish they had girlfriends.
(c) The devastation of war is new to them.
(d) The "slums of sex" were unknown to both of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds himself surrounded by social elites whose view of the Revolution is, at least at first, far more positive than his own?
2. How does Nabokov describe the poet?
3. Why does Sergey end up in a concentration camp?
4. What does Vladimir study at St. Petersburg University?
5. When does his first poem take shape in his mind?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)