|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she tell him when he is finished reciting the poem?
(a) She proclaims it wonderful and beyond compare.
(b) He should find another hobby.
(c) Studying butterflies is a better way to spend one's day.
(d) He should have it published.
2. What puts Nabokov at odds with many of his colleagues?
(a) His desire to emigrate to the United States.
(b) His opinions of the state of affairs in his home country.
(c) His inability to speak English.
(d) His Russian accent.
3. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
(a) Colette parents.
(b) The Nabokov family.
(c) Tamara's parents.
(d) Nabokov's uncle.
4. The boredom of the audience at these poetry performances is obvious to everyone but whom?
5. How does Nabokov describe the poet?
(a) A man who can feel and interpret everything that is happening in any single moment.
(b) A man who can describe any setting.
(c) A man he wishes to be.
(d) A man of simple words.
Short Answer Questions
1. His other brother, Sergey, is only a year younger than Nabokov. The two are raised together, but what makes them different?
2. What do both Vladimir's writings on technical matters as well as philosophical have in common?
3. What does the headstrong Yuri in later life introduce to Nabokov?
4. What earns Vladimir several rebukes from the Tsarist government?
5. What does he do with a poem before he writes it down?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)