|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nabokov's father die?
(a) He commits suicide in Paris.
(b) He has a stroke in Berlin.
(c) He is assassinated in Berlin.
(d) He has a heart attack in Paris.
2. How does Sergei save the brothers from the Bolsheviks on the train?
(a) He convinces them he has typhus and that is why they are traveling alone in a locked compartment.
(b) He shoots at the Bolsheviks.
(c) He convinces the Bolsheviks that he has leprosy.
(d) He holds them out a window.
3. What does she tell him when he is finished reciting the poem?
(a) She proclaims it wonderful and beyond compare.
(b) He should have it published.
(c) He should find another hobby.
(d) Studying butterflies is a better way to spend one's day.
4. How is Nabokov's life at Cambridge, compared to his former existence?
(c) Very similar.
(d) Different, but good.
5. Nabokov develops a fondness for what?
(b) Composing chess problems.
(c) Lawn tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills Nabokov with surprise, while roller-skating?
2. What is the last Nabokov hears of Lenski?
3. How many children do the Nabokovs eventually have?
4. What do both Vladimir's writings on technical matters as well as philosophical have in common?
5. On what does the rest of the family live?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)