Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the process by which Vladimir Nabokov writes "Speak, Memory?"
The autobiographical novel is culled from essays on his life.
2. This chapter is the first recorded work, published in French in 1936, under the name "Mademoiselle O."
3. The rest of the chapters are published separately, mainly by whom?
The New Yorker.
4. What does Nabokov call the process of using both the English and Russian translations of "Speak, Memory" to shape the current work?
5. How does Nabokov open his autobiography?
With a short meditation on the periods of inexistence before birth and after death.
This section contains 5,605 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)