|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does RIncewind tell Conina and Nijel about Death?
2. When Nijel won't stop talking about the wizards' destruction in the tower, what does Rincewind do to him?
3. What do Rincewind, Conina, Nijel, and Creosote discover about the booby traps placed by Creosote's grandfather in the treasury room?
4. Where does Conina demand that the genie take them?
5. What does Conina call Rincewind after they see the tower made by Coin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Rincewind give Conina and Nijel of the Mage Wars?
2. Who has the Magnificent Hat chosen to use in its battle against the sourcerer, and how will it battle?
3. What happens to Rincewind on the night that he, Conina, Nijel, and Creosote make camp on the beach?
4. What are the six wizards sent to the library for and how do they handle their task?
5. How does Creosote join the brigade out to fight the evil sourcerer?
6. What battles does Luggage go through from page 150-203?
7. How do Rincewind and Nijel escape the snake pit?
8. What becomes of Spelter and why?
9. What is Creosote like when Rincewind and Conina first meet him?
10. What do the wizards do at Creosote's palace that so disturbs Rincewind, and how does he react when Nijel does not stop talking about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Luggage, the hat, the magic carpet, and the magic lamps symbols? What do they represent? What is their role in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the theme of lust for power, and show how it affects the story line.
Essay Topic 3
Conina's character is both humorous and strong. In what way is her character humorous? How does this contrast to her strengths?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)