|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the hat decide to talk to the Grand Vizier?
2. What is the name of the lead wizard who Coin sends to the Library?
3. What does RIncewind tell Conina and Nijel about Death?
4. What is missing from Creosote's treasury room?
5. What does Conina do to Rincewind when he starts to tell Nijel about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does RIncewind fight the group about using the magic carpet?
2. Who does Rincewind meet in the snake pit, and what is he like?
3. Who has the Magnificent Hat chosen to use in its battle against the sourcerer, and how will it battle?
4. What does RIncewind insist on doing once the hat kills his first wizard?
5. What happens to Rincewind on the night that he, Conina, Nijel, and Creosote make camp on the beach?
6. What are the six wizards sent to the library for and how do they handle their task?
7. What do the wizards do at Creosote's palace that so disturbs Rincewind, and how does he react when Nijel does not stop talking about it?
8. What becomes of Spelter and why?
9. What is Creosote's pavilion like?
10. What happens when Abrim arrives to fight the wizards under Coin's control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Librarian the stability and soundness of thought throughout the entire novel? What is his goal? Why does he remain an ape and not a man?
Essay Topic 2
"It is a well-known established fact throughout the many-dimensional worlds of the multiverse that most really great discoveries are owed to one brief moment of inspiration." Explain Terry Pratchett's philosophy in regard to this quote and how the great discovery did or did not work in Discworld.
Essay Topic 3
What role does Spelter play throughout the novel? How is he a good wizard? What mistake did he make? How does he attempt to rectify his mistake? What does it cost him?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)