|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the new University?
2. At the tower, who steps out of the archway with the Archchancellor's hat on?
3. What does the barbarian hero try to steal from Creosote?
4. What does Spelter reach for to attack his attacker in the kitchen of the old University?
5. What is the reason the genie gives for not knowing where he is when he comes out of the lamp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Creosote's pavilion like?
2. How does Creosote join the brigade out to fight the evil sourcerer?
3. How does RIncewind respond to Nijel when Nijel tells him to stop being a wizard?
4. Why does Luggage leave Rincewind and walk through the dessert? Where does he go?
5. How do Conina and Nijel react upon meeting each other, and what do they say to Rincewind?
6. What do the wizards do at Creosote's palace that so disturbs Rincewind, and how does he react when Nijel does not stop talking about it?
7. What is Creosote like when Rincewind and Conina first meet him?
8. How does Rincewind arrive in the snake pit?
9. What explanation does Rincewind give Conina and Nijel of the Mage Wars?
10. How is Nijel's rescue of Conina so not barbaric?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"It is a well-known established fact throughout the many-dimensional worlds of the multiverse that most really great discoveries are owed to one brief moment of inspiration." Explain Terry Pratchett's philosophy in regard to this quote and how the great discovery did or did not work in Discworld.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Nijel grows throughout the quest from a newly created barbarian to a fierce fighter of the Ice Giants.
Essay Topic 3
How is the Librarian the stability and soundness of thought throughout the entire novel? What is his goal? Why does he remain an ape and not a man?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)