|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Vizier brought Rincewind and Conina to Creosote?
2. What does Creosote suggest that Rincewind, Conina, and Nijel use to escape?
3. What does Rincewind find at the Library when he goes back on his own after leaving the beach?
4. What do Conina, Rincewind, and Nijel do when the wizards respond to Abrim and the hat?
5. Where does Rincewind decide to go after the angered outburst over the Circle Sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rincewind and Nijel escape the snake pit?
2. Why does RIncewind fight the group about using the magic carpet?
3. Who has the Magnificent Hat chosen to use in its battle against the sourcerer, and how will it battle?
4. How does Rincewind arrive in the snake pit?
5. What explanation does Rincewind give Conina and Nijel of the Mage Wars?
6. How does Creosote join the brigade out to fight the evil sourcerer?
7. What happens to Rincewind on the night that he, Conina, Nijel, and Creosote make camp on the beach?
8. What does Conina tell Rincewind about her stay in the harem?
9. What battles does Luggage go through from page 150-203?
10. What is Creosote's treasury room like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Coin and his father and explain its effects on the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
How is the Librarian the stability and soundness of thought throughout the entire novel? What is his goal? Why does he remain an ape and not a man?
Essay Topic 3
How does the genie of the lamp differ from the traditional genies found in lamps in other literature? Why might Pratchett have created such a genie? Be specific when making the comparison.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)