|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a ruler is the city's Patrician?
2. What question does the shadow ask Rincewind?
3. Where does the magnificent hat sit?
4. How does Wuffles respond to Coin?
5. What do the attackers of the ship want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Magnificent Hat which was intended for the new Archchancellor?
2. What does Coin first create when he challenges Billias?
3. How do the townspeople react when the wizards enter the streets and announce they are now ruling the city?
4. What challenge does Coin propose to the wizards in regard to their power and Discworld?
5. Specifically, how does Coin transform the Great Hall?
6. What happens with Coin's first encounter with the wizards?
7. What does Rincewind tell Conina about what he would like to see his future hold?
8. What is the Luggage made of and how does it feel about its master?
9. How does Spelter's feeling change in regard to Coin, and what does he do about it?
10. What is the new magic like at the Unseen University now that the sourcerer is there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critics have said that the novel is humorous. What does Pratchett make fun of? What is his point in poking fun? Does the humor enhance the storyline?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Death play in the novel? What about him is typical of the Death character as seen in other literature, and what is different?
Essay Topic 3
How does the novel come full circle in the end? Where are all of the characters, and what has become of them? Does the reader appreciate the full circle?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)