|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Carding and Spelter feel about the sourcerer coming to the University the day after he arrives?
2. What convinces Rincewind that he should help the shadow?
3. Why does the wizard make Koble explode?
4. What happens to the gargoyles?
5. How does Wuffles respond to Coin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carding when he touches the staff for the first time?
2. What occurs between Carding and the Patrician?
3. What is the Luggage made of and how does it feel about its master?
4. What does the Magnificent Hat tell Rincewind and Conina that they must do?
5. How does the Magnificent Hat convince Conina and Rincewind to get on the boat and go far from the Unseen University?
6. What does Conina tell Rincewind about her father and herself?
7. Who is Conina's father and what is Conina best at doing? What does she want to be?
8. What happens with Coin's first encounter with the wizards?
9. Explain how the sourcerer came to be.
10. How do the townspeople react when the wizards enter the streets and announce they are now ruling the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the novel come full circle in the end? Where are all of the characters, and what has become of them? Does the reader appreciate the full circle?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Death play in the novel? What about him is typical of the Death character as seen in other literature, and what is different?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the theme of lust for power, and show how it affects the story line.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)