|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which son becomes the sourcerer?
2. What question does Coin direct to Hakardly?
3. What does Luggage like to eat most?
4. What has the Librarian been turned into?
5. What warning is Rincewind given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Magnificent Hat which was intended for the new Archchancellor?
2. What challenge does Coin propose to the wizards in regard to their power and Discworld?
3. How does the Magnificent Hat convince Conina and Rincewind to get on the boat and go far from the Unseen University?
4. What happens to Carding when he touches the staff for the first time?
5. What happens to Rincewind and Conina aboard the ship?
6. What happens with Coin's first encounter with the wizards?
7. Specifically, how does Coin transform the Great Hall?
8. How do Conina and Rincewind get the Magnificent Hat back after it is taken from them at The Troll's Head?
9. What does the Magnificent Hat tell Rincewind and Conina that they must do?
10. How does Spelter's feeling change in regard to Coin, and what does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critics have said that the novel is humorous. What does Pratchett make fun of? What is his point in poking fun? Does the humor enhance the storyline?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Creosote is round yet static. Explain how Creosote is described using both direct and indirect characterization.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pratchett's concept of Discworld. What holds it up? What surrounds its outside? What cities does it have? Who are its inhabitants. Why does the book say that there can be no map of Discworld?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)