|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carding and Spelter attempt to do to each other after Coin first arrives?
2. What does Spelter suggest that the wizards do with Coin?
3. What does Carding tell the Patrician when he is transported to the Great Hall?
4. What question does the shadow ask Rincewind?
5. What is Conina an expert in doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Luggage made of and how does it feel about its master?
2. How do Conina and Rincewind get the Magnificent Hat back after it is taken from them at The Troll's Head?
3. What does Rincewind tell Conina about what he would like to see his future hold?
4. What occurs between Carding and the Patrician?
5. What happens to Carding when he touches the staff for the first time?
6. What is the Luggage?
7. How is Rincewind first described? Why does he leave the Unseen University?
8. How do the townspeople react when the wizards enter the streets and announce they are now ruling the city?
9. Who is Conina's father and what is Conina best at doing? What does she want to be?
10. What happens to Rincewind and Conina aboard the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
War, Famine, and Pestilence are personified in the novel. What is their role in the novel? Why does Pratchett personify them?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the theme of lust for power, and show how it affects the story line.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Nijel grows throughout the quest from a newly created barbarian to a fierce fighter of the Ice Giants.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)