|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shadow give to Rincewind?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A box.
(c) A ring.
(d) A jar.
2. How does the Patrician respond to Carding's words of the future of the city?
(a) He breaks down and cries.
(b) He is angered and astonished.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is relieved.
3. How old is the sourcerer when he arrives at the University?
(a) About 10.
(b) About 30.
(c) About 15.
(d) About 100.
4. What carries the mattress across the lawn of the University?
(a) Bed bugs.
5. What does Carding suggest that the wizards do with Coin?
(a) Teach him.
(b) Wait until morning to see how things are.
(d) Lock him up.
6. What warning is Rincewind given?
(a) A wizard is coming.
(b) Death is coming.
(c) A sourcerer is coming.
(d) A storm is coming.
7. How does Rincewind get his directions as to what to do to help get rid of the sourcerer after he meets Conina?
(a) From a pidgeon.
(b) From the hat.
(c) From the stars.
(d) From Conina.
8. What does Death say that the future contains?
9. What are the wizards drinking at the feast?
10. What is Conina doing with Rincewind when we first meet them on the ship?
(a) She is cutting his hair.
(b) She is telling him jokes.
(c) They are playing cards.
(d) They are eating lunch.
11. What does Conina see in the water?
(a) An ocean liner.
(b) Five canoes filled with men.
(c) A pirate ship.
12. What is Conina an expert in doing?
(a) Throwing knives.
13. What does Billias create after he is challenged by Coin?
(a) A dragon in a glittering ball.
(b) A garden in a glittering ball.
(c) A castle in a glittering ball.
(d) A river in a glittering ball.
14. What can't the wizards change, try as they might?
(a) The robes that they wear.
(b) The rooms that they reside in.
(c) Their own physical appearance.
(d) The filth of the river.
15. As Spring came who was being "elected" at Unseen University?
(a) The President.
(b) The High Wizard.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Archchancellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Rincewind that he should help the shadow?
2. What decision does Rincewind make about the hat after it is taken from the ship?
3. What do the attackers of the ship want?
4. What is it believed that the sourcerer will bring as stated in one of the wizard books?
5. What becomes of the Patrician?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)