|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ardrothy leave the city?
(a) He doesn't like wizards.
(b) The wizards can make better pie than he.
(c) He lost all of his pies.
(d) The wizards tell him to leave.
2. What decision does Rincewind make about the hat after it is taken from the ship?
(a) He will take it back from the captain.
(b) He will let it go.
(c) He will seek it out and protect it.
(d) He will find out where it is and then leave it there.
3. What does Rincewind take down from the top of his wardrobe?
(a) A hat.
(b) A sword.
4. What does Spelter tell the Librarian the first time he visits him after Coin arrives?
(a) "Trust no one."
(b) "Leave the library."
(c) "Turn the Patrician back into a man."
(d) "Let me come in and stay with you."
5. What type of bird is circling the Tower of Art?
6. What does Death say makes living worthwhile?
7. As Spring came who was being "elected" at Unseen University?
(a) The Dean.
(b) The President.
(c) The Archchancellor.
(d) The High Wizard.
8. What becomes of the Patrician?
(a) He is obliterated by the staff.
(b) He is turned into a lizard.
(c) He is sent back to the city.
(d) He is housed in the dungeon.
9. What does Coin want all wizards to gather for?
(a) To make plans to take over the world.
(b) To share magic.
(c) To learn who they are and where they live.
(d) A ceremony for naming him Archchancellor.
10. Why does the wizard make Koble explode?
(a) Koble says he hates wizards.
(b) Koble tells the wizard to go back to the University.
(c) Koble tries to punch the wizard.
(d) Koble tries to sell his wares to the wizard.
11. What is it believed that the sourcerer will bring as stated in one of the wizard books?
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Death to wizards.
12. What does Conina see in the water?
(b) An ocean liner.
(c) Five canoes filled with men.
(d) A pirate ship.
13. What happens to the gargoyles?
(a) They are broken by flying stones.
(b) They are pushed off of the roof.
(c) They fall off of the roof.
(d) They climb off of the roof.
14. What does enlarging the windows reveal about the Great Hall?
(a) It is in need of great repair.
(b) It is old and dingy.
(c) It is large and beautiful.
(d) It is in fine shape.
15. What kind of a ruler is the city's Patrician?
(a) Majestical: he is a monarch.
(b) Evil: he sentences people to death often.
(c) Theatrical: he loves street musicians and mime artists.
(d) Average: he is mostly practical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Rincewind that he should help the shadow?
2. Where does the magnificent hat sit?
3. Why doesn't Rincewind want to go on the adventure?
4. What does the sourcerer request when he gets to the feast?
5. How does the Patrician respond to Carding's words of the future of the city?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)