|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the appearance of the Woman at the end of the play?
(a) She is hanging from her own noose.
(b) She is under the blankets.
(c) She is stabbed with the sword.
(d) She is standing with her back turned.
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
(b) A flower.
(c) His cloak.
(d) His sword.
3. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
(a) He has removed the stain from the floor.
(b) He has learned to play the flute.
(c) He has finished composing a song.
(d) He has found a hidden treasure.
4. What condition is the Woman in at the end of the play?
(a) She is weeping.
(b) She is meditating.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is dead.
5. What does the Man do with the sword after the Woman leaves in Scene 8?
(a) He sits with his chin on the sharp end.
(b) He chops at a tree.
(c) He lays it across his lap.
(d) He sheaths it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Man describe the Woman's appearance in the eighth scene?
2. What does the Woman say she tried to fill the silence with?
3. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
4. What does the Man want the Woman to do for him one day in Scene 5?
5. What reason does the Man say he no longer can stay with the Woman?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)