|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man discover happened to him after he stops meditating?
(a) He no longer can see.
(b) His hearing has gone.
(c) He has lost all his money.
(d) He is cut and bleeding under his chin.
2. What reason does the Woman tell the man to stop telling a story about his friend?
(a) He cannot get rid of her that easily.
(b) He is a terrible storyteller.
(c) He is lying.
(d) She is ill from hearing it.
3. What is different about the flower in the sixth scene?
(a) It has bloomed.
(b) It has changed color.
(c) It has grown in size.
(d) It has withered and died.
4. What is the appearance of the Woman at the end of the play?
(a) She is hanging from her own noose.
(b) She is under the blankets.
(c) She is standing with her back turned.
(d) She is stabbed with the sword.
5. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
(a) The world.
(b) His heart.
(c) Herself and the world in his eyes.
(d) His motivations for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say she tried to fill the silence with?
2. What does the Man get rid of for the Woman in Scene 5?
3. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing in the last scene?
4. What reason does the Man give for meditating the way he does?
5. What does the Man say he last heard about his friend's condition?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)