|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls to the ground at the very end of the play?
(a) Dry leaves.
(c) Flower petals.
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
(b) His sword.
(c) A flower.
(d) His cloak.
3. What is the Woman wearing in the sixth scene?
(a) A beautiful kimono.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) Her nightshirt.
(d) A fancy dress.
4. What does the Man say he is a fool about?
5. What does the Man say his friend told him to do if he sees something better than this world while meditating?
(a) Drop his head onto the sword.
(b) Consult the gods for guidance.
(c) Turn his mind away.
(d) Pray for that to come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last scene, what does the Man ask the Woman to force him to do?
2. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
3. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
4. What reason does the Man give for meditating the way he does?
5. What reason does the Woman tell the man to stop telling a story about his friend?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)