|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman urge the Man to do at the end of the fifth scene?
(c) Stay with her.
(d) Speak again.
2. What reason does the Man give for meditating the way he does?
(a) He has always done it that way.
(b) His father taught him the technique.
(c) He learned it in a dream.
(d) His friend told him it develops concentration.
3. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
(a) He does not want to be soothed like a baby.
(b) He wants to hear a different song.
(c) He hates the sound and gets angry.
(d) He enjoys it.
4. How does the Man react when the Woman stops his meditation?
(a) He is startled and feels his chin.
(b) He gets angry and hits her.
(c) He goes back to meditating.
(d) He smiles and laughs.
5. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
(a) Pulls the sword out from under him.
(b) Calls him in for dinner.
(c) Pretends to faint.
(d) Makes a lot of noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man do with the sword after the Woman leaves in Scene 8?
2. What reason does the Woman tell the man to stop telling a story about his friend?
3. What does the Man get out of his pocket at the end of the sixth scene?
4. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
5. After the Man compliments the Woman on her flute playing, how often does the Woman say she will play her music?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)