|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the Woman tell the man to stop telling a story about his friend?
(a) He cannot get rid of her that easily.
(b) She is ill from hearing it.
(c) He is a terrible storyteller.
(d) He is lying.
2. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing in the last scene?
(a) That she cannot be loved.
(b) That she is a witch.
(c) That she is a liar.
(d) That she is wealthy.
3. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
(a) So she will be protected from the wild.
(b) So she can chase away the silence.
(c) So she will never go hungry.
(d) So she will never forget.
4. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
(a) Make both of them less lonely.
(b) Find a new home.
(c) Bring happiness to them.
(d) Bring wealth to them.
5. In Scene 5, what does the Man tell the Woman he heard her doing at night?
(d) Playing the flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
2. What does the Man want the Woman to do for him one day in Scene 5?
3. What does the Man put down at the end of the last scene?
4. What does the Woman tell the Man he will fall into unless he is careful?
5. What does the Man say he last heard about his friend's condition?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)