|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore is the Woman doing at the beginning of the fifth scene?
(a) Scrubbing the floors.
(b) Polishing a sword.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Chopping wood.
2. What does the Woman say she dreamed about?
(a) The Man and his sword.
(b) The song of the flute.
(c) The Man making her laugh.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing in the last scene?
(a) That she cannot be loved.
(b) That she is wealthy.
(c) That she is a liar.
(d) That she is a witch.
4. What does the Man say he last heard about his friend's condition?
(a) Married with many children.
(b) A monk devoted to his faith.
(c) Dead with a smile and a sword through his neck.
(d) Dead, having fought bravely in battle.
5. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
(a) So she can chase away the silence.
(b) So she will never go hungry.
(c) So she will never forget.
(d) So she will be protected from the wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
2. What does the Woman tell the Man he will fall into unless he is careful?
3. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
4. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
5. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)