|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the flower in the sixth scene?
(a) It has changed color.
(b) It has bloomed.
(c) It has withered and died.
(d) It has grown in size.
2. What does the Man do with the sword after the Woman leaves in Scene 8?
(a) He chops at a tree.
(b) He sheaths it.
(c) He lays it across his lap.
(d) He sits with his chin on the sharp end.
3. What falls to the ground at the very end of the play?
(c) Dry leaves.
(d) Flower petals.
4. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
(a) His sword.
(b) His hat.
(c) The Woman's flute.
(d) The vase of flowers.
5. What does the Man do at the end of the final scene?
(a) Sits and meditates on his life.
(b) Leaves and comes back a few minutes later.
(c) Stays with the Woman.
(d) Leaves and never comes back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
2. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what is the Woman doing?
4. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
5. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)