|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls to the ground at the very end of the play?
(a) Dry leaves.
(b) Flower petals.
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what is the Woman doing?
(a) Modeling a new kimono.
(b) Pouring tea.
(c) Folding laundry.
(d) Practicing with the sword.
3. What does the Man say he is a fool about?
4. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
(a) Heal his wounds.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Care for him.
(d) Make him tea.
5. What does the Man do at the end of the final scene?
(a) Leaves and never comes back.
(b) Leaves and comes back a few minutes later.
(c) Stays with the Woman.
(d) Sits and meditates on his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is the Woman in at the end of the play?
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
3. What does the Man say the Woman can listen to in Scene 5?
4. What chore is the Woman doing at the beginning of the fifth scene?
5. What does the Woman ask the Man to do in the last scene, which he refuses?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)