|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Woman shocked to see the Man when she comes back in Scene 8?
(a) He is not wearing clothes.
(b) He is sitting in a dangerous position.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is gone.
2. What does the Woman say she normally cannot bear?
(a) Having no children.
(b) The darkness.
(c) Her own dreams.
(d) Her lack of money.
3. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
(a) So she can chase away the silence.
(b) So she will never go hungry.
(c) So she will never forget.
(d) So she will be protected from the wild.
4. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
(a) Herself and the world in his eyes.
(b) His motivations for living.
(c) The world.
(d) His heart.
5. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Writing calligraphy.
(d) Practicing with his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Man say he no longer can stay with the Woman?
2. What is the appearance of the Woman at the end of the play?
3. How does the Man react to what he hears in Scene 6?
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what is the Woman doing?
5. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)