|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the flower in the sixth scene?
(a) It has bloomed.
(b) It has withered and died.
(c) It has changed color.
(d) It has grown in size.
2. What does the Woman want the Man to do with the sword when she is scared in Scene 8?
(a) Put it away.
(b) Kill her with it.
(c) Give it to her.
(d) Throw it in the river.
3. What does the Man do with the sword after the Woman leaves in Scene 8?
(a) He sits with his chin on the sharp end.
(b) He sheaths it.
(c) He lays it across his lap.
(d) He chops at a tree.
4. What does the Woman first say of her knowledge with a sword?
(a) She knows how to defend herself.
(b) She has learned much from her brother.
(c) She is an expert.
(d) She knows nothing.
5. What does the Woman say she tried to fill the silence with?
(a) Beautiful flowers.
(c) The music of her flute.
(d) The sound of a voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
2. What does the Man intend to do in the beginning of the ninth scene?
3. What does the Man confess to the Woman in Scene 9?
4. What does the Man say his friend told him to do if he sees something better than this world while meditating?
5. What does the Man kill with his sword?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)