|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man say his friend told him to do if he sees something better than this world while meditating?
(a) Pray for that to come true.
(b) Consult the gods for guidance.
(c) Drop his head onto the sword.
(d) Turn his mind away.
2. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
(a) The world.
(b) His motivations for living.
(c) Herself and the world in his eyes.
(d) His heart.
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, the Woman tries to make plans with the Man to do what?
(a) Go for a walk and pick flowers.
(b) Practice fighting with her.
(c) Play music.
(d) Help her with chores.
4. What does the Man get out of his pocket at the end of the sixth scene?
(a) A map.
(b) A flower.
(d) A knife.
5. How does the Man react to what he hears in Scene 6?
(a) He draws his sword and is aware.
(b) He is calm and does not draw his sword.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He gets angry and yells.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Man compliments the Woman on her flute playing, how often does the Woman say she will play her music?
2. What does the Man tell the Woman to do about her music in Scene 5?
3. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
4. What reason does the Woman tell the man to stop telling a story about his friend?
5. What condition is the Woman in at the end of the play?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)