|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They do not grow nearby.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They are poisonous.
2. What does the Man say scares him?
3. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) Horses galloping.
(b) The rush of the river.
(c) The birds' singing.
(d) The sound of a voice.
4. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because he looks strong.
(b) Because she hates him.
(c) Beause he is not funny.
(d) Because she loves him.
5. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
(a) He is wearing armor.
(b) He is shirtless.
(c) He is wearing his sleeping clothes.
(d) He is dressed in rags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man's response when the Woman asks where he is going in the second scene?
2. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
3. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
4. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
5. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Man say when the when the Woman inquires about his decision in Scene 2?
2. What does the Woman say in the final scene that she wanted to do for the Man, and what did she not want to do?
3. What does the Man explain to the Woman about what his friend told him about meditating?
4. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
5. How does the Scene 8 conclude?
6. What happens at the beginning of Scene 4?
7. How does the Man react when he is awakened at night in Scene 6?
8. What does the Woman's description of how she takes care of her flowers imply about her knowledge of the Man's theft?
9. What is changing in the relationship between the Man and the Woman in the fourth scene?
10. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)