|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) The flower.
(b) His sword.
(c) His journal.
(d) A map.
2. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(a) Birds' chirping.
(b) The flute.
(c) A scream.
3. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The birds' singing.
(b) The rush of the river.
(c) Horses galloping.
(d) The sound of a voice.
4. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
5. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) A silk kimono.
(b) Her pet bird.
(c) Her own sword.
(d) The vase of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
2. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
3. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
4. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
5. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Woman say in the final scene that she wanted to do for the Man, and what did she not want to do?
2. Why does the Man say he can do so much on this particular day in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 8, what plans does the Woman try to make, and what is the Man's reaction?
4. What does the Woman's description of how she takes care of her flowers imply about her knowledge of the Man's theft?
5. What is the setting of Scene 1?
6. What does the Man say when the when the Woman inquires about his decision in Scene 2?
7. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing, and what does she tell the Man to do?
8. What is the Man doing at the beginning of the second scene, and what is the Woman's reaction?
9. How does the Scene 8 conclude?
10. What is the Woman doing for the Man, and what does he say in the beginning of Scene 8?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)