|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
(b) She will not be cold.
(c) She will take medicine for sleeping.
(d) She will hear the wind.
2. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) The Woman's cooking.
(b) His sword-fighting abilities.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The size of his belly.
3. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
(a) Brings food.
(b) Pours tea.
(c) Takes his cloak.
(d) Removes his shoes.
4. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are poisonous.
(c) They do not grow nearby.
(d) They are ugly.
5. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) Her own sword.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) A silk kimono.
(d) Her pet bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
2. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
4. What is the Man's response when the Woman asks where he is going in the second scene?
5. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 8, what plans does the Woman try to make, and what is the Man's reaction?
2. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
3. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
4. What does the Woman say about her name?
5. What does the Man say about the Woman's flowers in the second scene?
6. What is the play's message about relationships between men and women?
7. What does the Man explain to the Woman about what his friend told him about meditating?
8. Why is the Woman afraid that the Man does not like her anymore in the seventh scene?
9. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
10. What does the Woman tell the Man she creates?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)