|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man say scares him?
2. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Women.
(b) Man Who Fears Darkness.
(c) Man Who Fears Himself.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence.
3. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) He is strong and in love.
(b) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(c) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
(d) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
4. What is the Man's response when the Woman asks where he is going in the second scene?
(a) He is unable and unprepared to tell her.
(b) He lies to her.
(c) He breaks down and cries.
(d) He laughs and walks away.
5. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
(b) How does she make a living?
(c) How is her husband?
(d) How are her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
3. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
4. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
5. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Woman say about her name?
2. Why does the Man send the Woman away in Scene 7?
3. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
4. What does the Man say about the Woman's flowers in the second scene?
5. How does the Man feel about the Woman's taking away his sword?
6. What chore does the Man help the Woman with that he becomes excited about, and how does he react when he completes his task?
7. What is the Woman doing for the Man, and what does he say in the beginning of Scene 8?
8. What is the Man doing at the beginning of the third scene, and what is his appearance?
9. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
10. What does the Man do after the Woman leaves in the eighth scene, and how does the Woman react after she returns?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)