|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
(b) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
2. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) The sun.
(b) His belly.
(c) His muscles.
(d) His eyes.
3. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
4. What does the Woman say frightens her?
5. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) Peter Bacho.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) Jhumpa Lahiri.
(d) David Henry Hwang.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
2. What does the Man say scares him?
3. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
4. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
5. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Woman say in the final scene that she wanted to do for the Man, and what did she not want to do?
2. What does the Woman warn the Man about, and what does this mean?
3. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
4. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
5. Why does the Man say he can do so much on this particular day in Scene 3?
6. How does the Man describe his home differently than that of the Woman's home?
7. What does the Woman say she wanted to do for both herself and the Man in the final scene?
8. What happens after the Man and Woman bid each other goodnight on the first night they meet?
9. What does the Man say when the when the Woman inquires about his decision in Scene 2?
10. What does the Man say happened to his friend?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)