|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
2. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
(b) How are her children?
(c) How does she make a living?
(d) How is her husband?
3. What country is the play's setting?
(d) United States.
4. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
5. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
(b) Preparing to leave.
(c) Sharpening his sword.
(d) Eating breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
2. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
3. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
4. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
5. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Man and Woman bid each other goodnight on the first night they meet?
2. What does the Woman's description of how she takes care of her flowers imply about her knowledge of the Man's theft?
3. What does the Man say when the when the Woman inquires about his decision in Scene 2?
4. What is the Man doing at the beginning of the final scene? What does confess, and what does the Woman interpret this to mean?
5. How does the Man feel about the Woman's taking away his sword?
6. How does the Man describe his home differently than that of the Woman's home?
7. How does the Man react when he is awakened at night in Scene 6?
8. What happens at the end of the fourth scene?
9. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
10. In Scene 8, what plans does the Woman try to make, and what is the Man's reaction?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)