|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
(a) Behind his back.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In his bag.
(d) Under the floorboards.
2. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(a) The world.
(c) His belly.
(d) Her singing.
3. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) How old he is.
(b) What his purpose here is.
(c) What his name is.
(d) If he is married.
4. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) The city.
(b) Across the sea.
(c) The north.
(d) The south.
5. What does the Man say scares him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
2. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
3. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
4. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
5. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is changing in the relationship between the Man and the Woman in the fourth scene?
2. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
3. What does the Man say about the Woman's flowers in the second scene?
4. What does the Man's hesitation to reveal his destination to the Woman in Scene Two reveal about how he feels about the Woman that has carried over from their first meeting?
5. How has the Man's attitude toward the Woman changed in Scene 8 compared to the previous scenes, and why?
6. What does the Woman tell the Man she creates?
7. What does the Woman say in the final scene that she wanted to do for the Man, and what did she not want to do?
8. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
9. What does the the Man say in Scene 9that the Woman has transformed and how does this affect him?
10. What does the Man do after the Woman leaves in the eighth scene, and how does the Woman react after she returns?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)