|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The birds' singing.
(b) Horses galloping.
(c) The sound of a voice.
(d) The rush of the river.
2. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) The size of his belly.
(b) The Woman's cooking.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) His sword-fighting abilities.
3. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His belly.
(c) The sun.
(d) His muscles.
4. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Fears Silence.
(c) Man Who Fears Women.
(d) Man Who Fears Darkness.
5. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(b) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
2. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
3. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
4. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
5. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Man and Woman bid each other goodnight on the first night they meet?
2. What is the significance of what the Man takes out of his pocket in the sixth scene?
3. What has changed about the Man's reaction at night in Scene 4 from the previous scene of him at night?
4. What is changing in the relationship between the Man and the Woman in the fourth scene?
5. What is the Man's last act in the play?
6. What does the Woman say about her flowers in Scene 2?
7. What does the Woman tell the Man to do at the end of the third scene, and what does she do to the man?
8. What is the play's message about relationships between men and women?
9. Why does the Man ask the Woman how she can sleep at night, and what is her response?
10. What does the Woman tell the Man she creates?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)