|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Watches the woman.
(b) Yells at her to hurry.
(c) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(d) Falls asleep.
2. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He pulls out his sword.
(c) He yells for it to stop.
(d) He sings along.
3. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
4. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) There is no more to do.
(b) It is time to eat.
(c) She will finish it.
(d) He looks tired.
5. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(b) The flute.
(c) A scream.
(d) Birds' chirping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scene 1 conclude?
2. Who are the two main characters?
3. The Man reveals he is from where?
4. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
5. What does the Man say scares him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final image of the Woman in the play, and how does this visually illustrate her name?
2. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing, and what does she tell the Man to do?
3. What chore does the Man help the Woman with that he becomes excited about, and how does he react when he completes his task?
4. What happens at the end of the fourth scene?
5. What does the the Man say in Scene 9that the Woman has transformed and how does this affect him?
6. What does the Man tell the Woman about her music in Scene 5?
7. What does the Woman tell the Man to do at the end of the third scene, and what does she do to the man?
8. What does the Man say about the Woman's flute playing and his knowledge of music?
9. What is the Woman doing for the Man, and what does he say in the beginning of Scene 8?
10. What is the Man's last act in the play?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)