|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) The Man's sword.
(b) Her silk kimono.
(c) The Man's sleeping mat.
(d) The vase of flowers.
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(a) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
3. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) He looks tired.
(b) There is no more to do.
(c) She will finish it.
(d) It is time to eat.
4. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) His journal.
(b) A map.
(c) His sword.
(d) The flower.
5. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(b) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
(d) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scene 1 conclude?
2. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
3. What does the Woman say frightens her?
4. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
5. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Woman doing for the Man, and what does he say in the beginning of Scene 8?
2. What does the Man tell the Woman about her music in Scene 5?
3. What does the Man say when the when the Woman inquires about his decision in Scene 2?
4. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
5. What does the Woman's description of how she takes care of her flowers imply about her knowledge of the Man's theft?
6. What does the Woman say about her name?
7. What does the Man say about the Woman's flute playing and his knowledge of music?
8. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
9. What is the significance of what the Man takes out of his pocket in the sixth scene?
10. Why does the Man say he can do so much on this particular day in Scene 3?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)