Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
2. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
(a) A stained glass window.
(b) Table and chairs.
(c) A vase of flowers.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
3. What does the Woman say frightens her?
4. Who are the two main characters?
(a) A man and a woman.
(b) Two brothers.
(c) A brother and a sister.
(d) A husband and a wife.
5. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) If he is married.
(b) What his purpose here is.
(c) How old he is.
(d) What his name is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What does the Woman say she creates?
3. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
4. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
5. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
2. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
3. In Scene 8, what plans does the Woman try to make, and what is the Man's reaction?
4. What does the Man explain to the Woman about what his friend told him about meditating?
5. How does the Man answer when the Woman asks him what his name is, and what name does the Woman give him?
6. What is the setting of Scene 1?
7. What is the final image of the Woman in the play, and how does this visually illustrate her name?
8. What does the Woman say she taught herself to do, and why?
9. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing, and what does she tell the Man to do?
10. What is the main theme in Scene 1?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)