|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
(b) How are her children?
(c) How is her husband?
(d) How does she make a living?
2. What does the Man say scares him?
3. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
(a) Sharpening his sword.
(c) Preparing to leave.
(d) Eating breakfast.
4. What country is the play's setting?
(d) United States.
5. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
(a) A stained glass window.
(b) A vase of flowers.
(c) Table and chairs.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
2. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
3. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
4. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
5. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Man say about the Woman's flute playing and his knowledge of music?
2. What has changed about the Man's reaction at night in Scene 4 from the previous scene of him at night?
3. Why does the Man send the Woman away in Scene 7?
4. What does the Man say happened to his friend?
5. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
6. Why does the Man ask the Woman how she can sleep at night, and what is her response?
7. How has the Man's attitude toward the Woman changed in Scene 8 compared to the previous scenes, and why?
8. What does the Man tell the Woman about her music in Scene 5?
9. What happens after the Man and Woman bid each other goodnight on the first night they meet?
10. Why is the Woman afraid that the Man does not like her anymore in the seventh scene?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)