|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) The north.
(c) The south.
(d) The city.
2. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
(a) Removes his shoes.
(b) Pours tea.
(c) Takes his cloak.
(d) Brings food.
3. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) Her own sword.
(c) Her pet bird.
(d) A silk kimono.
4. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(a) Birds' chirping.
(b) A scream.
(c) The flute.
5. What country is the play's setting?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two main characters?
2. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
3. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
4. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
5. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the fourth scene?
2. Why does the Man say he can do so much on this particular day in Scene 3?
3. What does the Woman tell the Man to do at the end of the third scene, and what does she do to the man?
4. What does the Man look at at night in the fourth scene, and what does this imply about his feelings?
5. What is the Man's last act in the play?
6. What is the significance of what the Man takes out of his pocket in the sixth scene?
7. What does the Man do after the Woman leaves in the eighth scene, and how does the Woman react after she returns?
8. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
9. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
10. What are the Woman and the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 1, and what are they talking about?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)