|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
2. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The birds' singing.
(b) The sound of a voice.
(c) The rush of the river.
(d) Horses galloping.
3. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
4. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(b) Her singing.
(c) His belly.
(d) The world.
5. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are poisonous.
(c) They do not grow nearby.
(d) They are ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the play's setting?
2. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
3. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
4. What is the Man's response when the Woman asks where he is going in the second scene?
5. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
2. What does the Man's hesitation to reveal his destination to the Woman in Scene Two reveal about how he feels about the Woman that has carried over from their first meeting?
3. How does the Man react when he is awakened at night in Scene 6?
4. What chore does the Man help the Woman with that he becomes excited about, and how does he react when he completes his task?
5. What does the Woman say about her name?
6. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
7. What does the Man say happened to his friend?
8. What does the Man look at at night in the fourth scene, and what does this imply about his feelings?
9. What does the Woman tell the Man she creates?
10. What does the Man say about the Woman's flowers in the second scene?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)