|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
2. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) She buys them at the market.
(b) She walks and picks them.
(c) They are left on her doorstep.
(d) Visitors bring them.
3. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Watches the woman.
(c) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(d) Yells at her to hurry.
4. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Silence.
(b) Man Who Fears Darkness.
(c) Man Who Fears Women.
(d) Man Who Fears Himself.
5. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(a) Her singing.
(c) His belly.
(d) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Man reveals he is from where?
2. What country is the play's setting?
3. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
4. Who are the two main characters?
5. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Man answer when the Woman asks him what his name is, and what name does the Woman give him?
2. What does the Man say happened to his friend?
3. What happens at the end of the fourth scene?
4. What is changing in the relationship between the Man and the Woman in the fourth scene?
5. What does the Woman say she wanted to do for both herself and the Man in the final scene?
6. What does the Woman say she taught herself to do, and why?
7. What is the Man doing at the beginning of the second scene, and what is the Woman's reaction?
8. How does the Man react when he is awakened at night in Scene 6?
9. Why does the Man ask the Woman how she can sleep at night, and what is her response?
10. What does the Man say about the Woman's flute playing and his knowledge of music?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)