|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two main characters?
(a) A man and a woman.
(b) A brother and a sister.
(c) A husband and a wife.
(d) Two brothers.
2. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His muscles.
(d) The sun.
3. How does Scene 1 conclude?
(a) The Woman sings to the Man.
(b) The Man sits on a mat, sword by his side.
(c) The Woman is cries in her room.
(d) The Man falls asleep peacefully.
4. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
(b) How does she make a living?
(c) How is her husband?
(d) How are her children?
5. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) The north.
(b) Across the sea.
(c) The south.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
2. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
3. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
4. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
5. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
2. What chore does the Man help the Woman with that he becomes excited about, and how does he react when he completes his task?
3. What are the Woman and the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 1, and what are they talking about?
4. What is the setting of Scene 1?
5. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
6. How has the Man's attitude toward the Woman changed in Scene 8 compared to the previous scenes, and why?
7. What does the Man say about the Woman's flute playing and his knowledge of music?
8. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
9. What does the Woman's description of how she takes care of her flowers imply about her knowledge of the Man's theft?
10. Why is the Woman afraid that the Man does not like her anymore in the seventh scene?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)