|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) His sword.
(b) A map.
(c) The flower.
(d) His journal.
2. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
3. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) Her silk kimono.
(b) The Man's sleeping mat.
(c) The Man's sword.
(d) The vase of flowers.
4. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Practicing with his sword.
(b) Chopping wood.
(d) Writing in a journal.
5. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) It is time to eat.
(b) She will finish it.
(c) There is no more to do.
(d) He looks tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
2. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
3. The Man reveals he is from where?
4. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
5. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Woman doing for the Man, and what does he say in the beginning of Scene 8?
2. What does the Woman say she taught herself to do, and why?
3. What does the Man do after the Woman leaves in the eighth scene, and how does the Woman react after she returns?
4. What does the Woman say she wanted to do for both herself and the Man in the final scene?
5. What is the final image of the Woman in the play, and how does this visually illustrate her name?
6. What happens after the Man and Woman bid each other goodnight on the first night they meet?
7. What is the play's message about relationships between men and women?
8. How does the Man answer when the Woman asks him what his name is, and what name does the Woman give him?
9. What are the Woman and the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 1, and what are they talking about?
10. What does the Woman tell the Man she creates?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)