|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(a) Her singing.
(c) His belly.
(d) The world.
2. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are poisonous.
(d) They do not grow nearby.
3. What does the Man say scares him?
4. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
5. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) David Henry Hwang.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) Peter Bacho.
(d) Jhumpa Lahiri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
2. The Man reveals he is from where?
3. What does the Woman say she creates?
4. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
5. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the the Man say in Scene 9that the Woman has transformed and how does this affect him?
2. What does the Man look at at night in the fourth scene, and what does this imply about his feelings?
3. What is the Man's last act in the play?
4. What is changing in the relationship between the Man and the Woman in the fourth scene?
5. What does the Woman tell the Man she creates?
6. What is the main theme in Scene 1?
7. What is the final image of the Woman in the play, and how does this visually illustrate her name?
8. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
9. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing, and what does she tell the Man to do?
10. What is the Woman staring at that makes the Man joke about, and what is the Woman's response?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)