|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
(a) Helping her cook.
(b) Keeping her company.
(c) Chopping so much wood.
(d) Giving her money.
2. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) Jhumpa Lahiri.
(b) David Henry Hwang.
(c) Peter Bacho.
(d) Amy Tan.
3. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(b) Watches the woman.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Yells at her to hurry.
4. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
(a) Removes his shoes.
(b) Brings food.
(c) Takes his cloak.
(d) Pours tea.
5. What does the Woman say frightens her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
2. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
3. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
4. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
5. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Man say about the Woman's flute playing and his knowledge of music?
2. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing, and what does she tell the Man to do?
3. What does the Man say about the Woman's flowers in the second scene?
4. What is changing in the relationship between the Man and the Woman in the fourth scene?
5. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
6. What is the Man's last act in the play?
7. What is the significance of what the Man takes out of his pocket in the sixth scene?
8. What are the Woman and the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 1, and what are they talking about?
9. What does the Woman's taking of the Man's sword symbolize in the play?
10. What happens at the end of the fourth scene?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)