|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) A map.
(b) The flower.
(c) His sword.
(d) His journal.
2. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Women.
(b) Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Fears Silence.
(d) Man Who Fears Darkness.
3. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The birds' singing.
(b) The sound of a voice.
(c) The rush of the river.
(d) Horses galloping.
4. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(b) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
(c) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
(d) He is strong and in love.
5. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(b) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
(c) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(d) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
2. The Man reveals he is from where?
3. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
4. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
5. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Man send the Woman away in Scene 7?
2. What does the Man say when the when the Woman inquires about his decision in Scene 2?
3. What does the Woman say about her dreams, and what does she say she dreamed of?
4. How does the Man react when he is awakened at night in Scene 6?
5. What does the Woman threaten to do to the Man if he does not listen to her while he is meditating, and what is the Man's response to the threat?
6. What does the Woman warn the Man about, and what does this mean?
7. What does the Woman say she taught herself to do, and why?
8. What does the Man reveal to the Woman about his true purpose in visiting her?
9. What does the Man do after the Woman leaves in the eighth scene, and how does the Woman react after she returns?
10. What chore does the Man help the Woman with that he becomes excited about, and how does he react when he completes his task?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)