|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
2. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) His sword-fighting abilities.
(c) The size of his belly.
(d) The Woman's cooking.
3. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(b) The flute.
(c) A scream.
(d) Birds' chirping.
4. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
(a) She gets magical powers.
(b) The flowers start to grow.
(c) The flowers last for months.
(d) She makes perfume from the flowers.
5. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His belly.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Man reveals he is from where?
2. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
3. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
4. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
5. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing, and what does she tell the Man to do?
2. What is the final image of the Woman in the play, and how does this visually illustrate her name?
3. What happens at the beginning of Scene 4?
4. What does the Man say happened to his friend?
5. What is the Man doing at the beginning of the second scene, and what is the Woman's reaction?
6. Why does the Man send the Woman away in Scene 7?
7. How has the Man's attitude toward the Woman changed in Scene 8 compared to the previous scenes, and why?
8. What does the Woman say in the final scene that she wanted to do for the Man, and what did she not want to do?
9. What is the Man's last act in the play?
10. What does the Man explain to the Woman about what his friend told him about meditating?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)