|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man say he last heard about his friend's condition?
(a) Dead with a smile and a sword through his neck.
(b) Dead, having fought bravely in battle.
(c) A monk devoted to his faith.
(d) Married with many children.
2. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing in the last scene?
(a) That she is a witch.
(b) That she is a liar.
(c) That she cannot be loved.
(d) That she is wealthy.
3. How does the Man describe the Woman's music?
4. What does the Woman tell the Man he will fall into unless he is careful?
(a) A lot of money.
(b) A nest of thorns.
(c) A pit of pain.
(d) A crevasse of loneliness.
5. What chore is the Woman doing at the beginning of the fifth scene?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Scrubbing the floors.
(d) Polishing a sword.
6. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
(a) Doing chores.
(b) Spying on the Man.
(d) Dancing with the vase.
7. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
(a) Make both of them less lonely.
(b) Find a new home.
(c) Bring wealth to them.
(d) Bring happiness to them.
8. What is the appearance of the Woman at the end of the play?
(a) She is standing with her back turned.
(b) She is stabbed with the sword.
(c) She is hanging from her own noose.
(d) She is under the blankets.
9. What does the Man hear in the sixth scene?
(a) A storm.
(b) A bird.
(c) A flute.
(d) The wind.
10. What does the Man kill with his sword?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A grasshopper.
11. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) A bundle of his belongings.
(c) An injured bird.
(d) A harp.
12. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
(a) He wants to hear a different song.
(b) He hates the sound and gets angry.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He does not want to be soothed like a baby.
13. What is the Man doing when the Woman asks him to join her in the eighth scene?
(a) Drinking tea.
(c) Doing chores.
(d) Practicing with a sword.
14. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
(a) Makes a lot of noise.
(b) Pulls the sword out from under him.
(c) Calls him in for dinner.
(d) Pretends to faint.
15. What does the Man do at the end of the final scene?
(a) Leaves and never comes back.
(b) Stays with the Woman.
(c) Sits and meditates on his life.
(d) Leaves and comes back a few minutes later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man confess to the Woman in Scene 9?
2. What does the Man say the Woman can listen to in Scene 5?
3. What does the Man get out of his pocket at the end of the sixth scene?
4. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
5. What does the Woman first say of her knowledge with a sword?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)