|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man kill with his sword?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A grasshopper.
2. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Writing calligraphy.
(b) Practicing with his sword.
3. What does the Woman ask the Man to do in the last scene, which he refuses?
(a) To give her his sword.
(b) To give her money.
(c) To stay with her.
(d) To kill her husband.
4. What falls to the ground at the very end of the play?
(c) Dry leaves.
(d) Flower petals.
5. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
(a) Pretends to faint.
(b) Calls him in for dinner.
(c) Makes a lot of noise.
(d) Pulls the sword out from under him.
6. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) A bundle of his belongings.
(b) A harp.
(c) An injured bird.
(d) The vase of flowers.
7. What does the Man tell the Woman to do about her music in Scene 5?
(a) Stop playing.
(b) Practice more so she gets better.
(c) Play more loudly and with confidence.
(d) Not change a thing.
8. What is the Man doing when the Woman asks him to join her in the eighth scene?
(b) Drinking tea.
(c) Practicing with a sword.
(d) Doing chores.
9. How does the Man describe the Woman's appearance in the eighth scene?
(a) Nothing special.
10. What is the Woman wearing in the sixth scene?
(a) Her nightshirt.
(b) A fancy dress.
(c) A beautiful kimono.
(d) A suit of armor.
11. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
(a) His sword.
(b) A flower.
(c) His cloak.
12. What does the Man do at the end of the final scene?
(a) Leaves and comes back a few minutes later.
(b) Leaves and never comes back.
(c) Stays with the Woman.
(d) Sits and meditates on his life.
13. What reason does the Man say he no longer can stay with the Woman?
(a) He has been defeated.
(b) He was never in love with her.
(c) He has to return home.
(d) He has a wife already.
14. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
(a) Heal his wounds.
(b) Make him tea.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Care for him.
15. In Scene 5, what does the Man tell the Woman he heard her doing at night?
(b) Playing the flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say she has taught herself to do?
2. What chore is the Woman doing at the beginning of the fifth scene?
3. What does the Woman first say of her knowledge with a sword?
4. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
5. What does the Man say he is a fool about?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)