|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man get rid of for the Woman in Scene 5?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A noisey bird.
(c) The stain on her floor.
(d) A dead tree.
2. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
(a) Bring happiness to them.
(b) Bring wealth to them.
(c) Make both of them less lonely.
(d) Find a new home.
3. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
(a) A flower.
(b) His cloak.
(d) His sword.
4. What is the Man doing when the Woman asks him to join her in the eighth scene?
(b) Doing chores.
(c) Practicing with a sword.
(d) Drinking tea.
5. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
(a) His motivations for living.
(b) Herself and the world in his eyes.
(c) The world.
(d) His heart.
6. What does the Woman want the Man to do with the sword when she is scared in Scene 8?
(a) Put it away.
(b) Kill her with it.
(c) Throw it in the river.
(d) Give it to her.
7. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
(a) Spying on the Man.
(b) Doing chores.
(c) Dancing with the vase.
8. At the beginning of Scene 8, the Woman tries to make plans with the Man to do what?
(a) Practice fighting with her.
(b) Go for a walk and pick flowers.
(c) Play music.
(d) Help her with chores.
9. What does the Woman point out on the floor?
(b) Spots of blood.
(c) A longtime stain.
(d) The woodgrain.
10. How does the Man react when the Woman stops his meditation?
(a) He smiles and laughs.
(b) He is startled and feels his chin.
(c) He goes back to meditating.
(d) He gets angry and hits her.
11. After the Man compliments the Woman on her flute playing, how often does the Woman say she will play her music?
(a) Every night.
(b) Never again.
(c) All day.
(d) Once a week.
12. In Scene 5, what does the Man tell the Woman he heard her doing at night?
(b) Playing the flute.
13. What does the Man tell the Woman to do about her music in Scene 5?
(a) Practice more so she gets better.
(b) Stop playing.
(c) Play more loudly and with confidence.
(d) Not change a thing.
14. What does the Man get out of his pocket at the end of the sixth scene?
(a) A knife.
(c) A map.
(d) A flower.
15. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
(a) So she will never forget.
(b) So she will never go hungry.
(c) So she can chase away the silence.
(d) So she will be protected from the wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman first say of her knowledge with a sword?
2. What does the Woman say she will enjoy being as she plays the flute in Scene 7?
3. What does the Man put down at the end of the last scene?
4. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
5. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)