|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man confess to the Woman in Scene 9?
(a) He is married and has children.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is not really a warrior.
(d) He came to her home seeking glory.
2. What does the Woman urge the Man to do at the end of the fifth scene?
(b) Stay with her.
(c) Speak again.
3. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
(a) Find a new home.
(b) Make both of them less lonely.
(c) Bring wealth to them.
(d) Bring happiness to them.
4. What does the Man intend to do in the beginning of the ninth scene?
(a) Steal the Woman's money.
(b) Leave the Woman.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill the Woman.
5. What reason does the Man say he no longer can stay with the Woman?
(a) He has been defeated.
(b) He has to return home.
(c) He has a wife already.
(d) He was never in love with her.
6. What condition is the Woman in at the end of the play?
(a) She is meditating.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is weeping.
(d) She is asleep.
7. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Practicing with his sword.
(d) Writing calligraphy.
8. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
(a) Pretends to faint.
(b) Pulls the sword out from under him.
(c) Makes a lot of noise.
(d) Calls him in for dinner.
9. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
(a) He wants to hear a different song.
(b) He does not want to be soothed like a baby.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He hates the sound and gets angry.
10. At the beginning of Scene 8, what is the Woman doing?
(a) Pouring tea.
(b) Folding laundry.
(c) Practicing with the sword.
(d) Modeling a new kimono.
11. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
(a) His sword.
(b) His cloak.
(d) A flower.
12. How does the Man react to what he hears in Scene 6?
(a) He is calm and does not draw his sword.
(b) He gets angry and yells.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He draws his sword and is aware.
13. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
(a) Heal his wounds.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Make him tea.
(d) Care for him.
14. What does the Man discover happened to him after he stops meditating?
(a) He is cut and bleeding under his chin.
(b) His hearing has gone.
(c) He has lost all his money.
(d) He no longer can see.
15. Why is the Woman shocked to see the Man when she comes back in Scene 8?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is not wearing clothes.
(c) He is sitting in a dangerous position.
(d) He is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man get out of his pocket at the end of the sixth scene?
2. What does the Man get rid of for the Woman in Scene 5?
3. How does the Man describe the Woman's music?
4. What chore is the Woman doing at the beginning of the fifth scene?
5. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)