|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man say the Woman can listen to in Scene 5?
(a) The wind.
(b) Her own song.
(c) His voice.
(d) His song.
2. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) An injured bird.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) A bundle of his belongings.
(d) A harp.
3. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
(a) Dancing with the vase.
(b) Doing chores.
(d) Spying on the Man.
4. What does the Man discover happened to him after he stops meditating?
(a) He no longer can see.
(b) His hearing has gone.
(c) He has lost all his money.
(d) He is cut and bleeding under his chin.
5. What does the Woman want the Man to do with the sword when she is scared in Scene 8?
(a) Put it away.
(b) Give it to her.
(c) Kill her with it.
(d) Throw it in the river.
6. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
(a) The Woman's flute.
(b) His sword.
(c) His hat.
(d) The vase of flowers.
7. At the beginning of Scene 8, the Woman tries to make plans with the Man to do what?
(a) Practice fighting with her.
(b) Play music.
(c) Help her with chores.
(d) Go for a walk and pick flowers.
8. What reason does the Man give for meditating the way he does?
(a) His friend told him it develops concentration.
(b) He has always done it that way.
(c) He learned it in a dream.
(d) His father taught him the technique.
9. What does the Man kill with his sword?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A grasshopper.
10. What does the Woman understand the Man's confession to mean?
(a) He was lying and was a theif.
(b) He came to kill her.
(c) He truly loved her.
(d) He was playing a joke on her.
11. What does the Woman say she will enjoy being as she plays the flute in Scene 7?
(a) A memory.
(b) A musician.
(c) Part of the Man's dreams.
(d) A skilled woman.
12. What is different about the flower in the sixth scene?
(a) It has withered and died.
(b) It has changed color.
(c) It has grown in size.
(d) It has bloomed.
13. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
(a) Herself and the world in his eyes.
(b) His motivations for living.
(c) His heart.
(d) The world.
14. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
(a) He has removed the stain from the floor.
(b) He has found a hidden treasure.
(c) He has finished composing a song.
(d) He has learned to play the flute.
15. What does the Woman do to stop the Man from meditating?
(a) Makes a lot of noise.
(b) Calls him in for dinner.
(c) Pulls the sword out from under him.
(d) Pretends to faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
2. What does the Man get rid of for the Woman in Scene 5?
3. What does the Man tell the Woman to do about her music in Scene 5?
4. What does the Woman say she tried to fill the silence with?
5. What is the Woman wearing in the sixth scene?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)