Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
(a) He wants to hear a different song.
(b) He hates the sound and gets angry.
(c) He does not want to be soothed like a baby.
(d) He enjoys it.
2. What does the Man tell the Woman to do about her music in Scene 5?
(a) Play more loudly and with confidence.
(b) Practice more so she gets better.
(c) Not change a thing.
(d) Stop playing.
3. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
(a) Spying on the Man.
(b) Dancing with the vase.
(c) Doing chores.
4. Why does the Woman say the Man would not like her music?
(a) He is from the city.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She plays badly.
(d) He is deaf.
5. After the Man compliments the Woman on her flute playing, how often does the Woman say she will play her music?
(a) All day.
(b) Never again.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every night.
6. What reason does the Man say he no longer can stay with the Woman?
(a) He has a wife already.
(b) He has been defeated.
(c) He has to return home.
(d) He was never in love with her.
7. Why does the Man say he failed in his purpose?
(a) He is weak.
(b) He cannot see.
(c) He has no faith.
(d) He has no money.
8. What does the Man confess to the Woman in Scene 9?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is married and has children.
(c) He is not really a warrior.
(d) He came to her home seeking glory.
9. What does the Woman warn the Man about in the final scene?
(a) The air is heavy with dread.
(b) The ground beneath him is unstable.
(c) The clounds will tremble with thunder.
(d) The water will never run dry.
10. What does the Man kill with his sword?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) A bird.
11. What does the Man do with the sword after the Woman leaves in Scene 8?
(a) He chops at a tree.
(b) He sits with his chin on the sharp end.
(c) He lays it across his lap.
(d) He sheaths it.
12. What does the Man want the Woman to do for him one day in Scene 5?
(a) Write him a story.
(b) Make his favorite food.
(c) Become his wife.
(d) Play her music for him.
13. How does the Man react when the Woman stops his meditation?
(a) He goes back to meditating.
(b) He is startled and feels his chin.
(c) He smiles and laughs.
(d) He gets angry and hits her.
14. Why is the Woman shocked to see the Man when she comes back in Scene 8?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is sitting in a dangerous position.
(c) He is not wearing clothes.
(d) He is gone.
15. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
(a) The Woman's flute.
(b) His hat.
(c) The vase of flowers.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
3. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
4. When the Man looks through the screen at night in Scene 6, what does he see?
5. What does the Woman say she will enjoy being as she plays the flute in Scene 7?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)