|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man want the Woman to do for him one day in Scene 5?
(a) Make his favorite food.
(b) Play her music for him.
(c) Write him a story.
(d) Become his wife.
2. Why does the Man say he failed in his purpose?
(a) He cannot see.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He has no faith.
(d) He is weak.
3. In the last scene, what does the Man ask the Woman to force him to do?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Stay with her.
(d) Love her.
4. In the fifth scene, why does the Man excitedly congratulate himself?
(a) He has found a hidden treasure.
(b) He has learned to play the flute.
(c) He has removed the stain from the floor.
(d) He has finished composing a song.
5. Why does the Woman say the Man would not like her music?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) He is from the city.
(c) She plays badly.
(d) He is deaf.
6. What does the Woman ask the Man to do in the last scene, which he refuses?
(a) To stay with her.
(b) To kill her husband.
(c) To give her his sword.
(d) To give her money.
7. What does the Woman point out on the floor?
(a) A longtime stain.
(b) The woodgrain.
(d) Spots of blood.
8. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
(a) He does not want to be soothed like a baby.
(b) He hates the sound and gets angry.
(c) He wants to hear a different song.
(d) He enjoys it.
9. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Heal his wounds.
(c) Care for him.
(d) Make him tea.
10. How does the Man describe the Woman's music?
11. What does the Man say he last heard about his friend's condition?
(a) Dead with a smile and a sword through his neck.
(b) Dead, having fought bravely in battle.
(c) A monk devoted to his faith.
(d) Married with many children.
12. What does the Woman say she normally cannot bear?
(a) Her own dreams.
(b) Having no children.
(c) Her lack of money.
(d) The darkness.
13. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) A bundle of his belongings.
(b) An injured bird.
(c) A harp.
(d) The vase of flowers.
14. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
(b) A flower.
(c) His sword.
(d) His cloak.
15. In Scene 5, what does the Man tell the Woman he heard her doing at night?
(c) Playing the flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Man react when the Woman stops his meditation?
2. What does the Woman understand the Man's confession to mean?
3. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
4. What does the Woman say she tried to fill the silence with?
5. What is the Woman wearing in the sixth scene?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)