|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man say he is a fool about?
2. What chore is the Woman doing at the beginning of the fifth scene?
(a) Scrubbing the floors.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Polishing a sword.
(d) Chopping wood.
3. What is the Man doing at the end of the play?
(b) Practicing with his sword.
(c) Walking to meet the Woman.
(d) Playing the flute.
4. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
(a) Spying on the Man.
(c) Dancing with the vase.
(d) Doing chores.
5. Why does the Woman say the Man would not like her music?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She plays badly.
(c) He is from the city.
(d) He is deaf.
6. What does the Man do at the end of the final scene?
(a) Sits and meditates on his life.
(b) Leaves and comes back a few minutes later.
(c) Leaves and never comes back.
(d) Stays with the Woman.
7. What does the Woman say she will enjoy being as she plays the flute in Scene 7?
(a) A skilled woman.
(b) A musician.
(c) A memory.
(d) Part of the Man's dreams.
8. What does the Man say the Woman can listen to in Scene 5?
(a) Her own song.
(b) His voice.
(c) His song.
(d) The wind.
9. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Writing calligraphy.
(c) Practicing with his sword.
10. What does the Woman urge the Man to do at the end of the fifth scene?
(b) Speak again.
(c) Stay with her.
11. What reason does the Man give for meditating the way he does?
(a) His friend told him it develops concentration.
(b) He learned it in a dream.
(c) His father taught him the technique.
(d) He has always done it that way.
12. What does the Woman first say of her knowledge with a sword?
(a) She knows nothing.
(b) She is an expert.
(c) She has learned much from her brother.
(d) She knows how to defend herself.
13. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
(a) His hat.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) His sword.
(d) The Woman's flute.
14. What does the Man hear in the sixth scene?
(a) A flute.
(b) The wind.
(c) A bird.
(d) A storm.
15. What does the Woman say she tried to do for both the Man and herself?
(a) Find a new home.
(b) Bring happiness to them.
(c) Make both of them less lonely.
(d) Bring wealth to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say she normally cannot bear?
2. How does the Man describe the Woman's music?
3. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 9, saying that he should not forget it?
4. After the Man compliments the Woman on her flute playing, how often does the Woman say she will play her music?
5. What does the Man do when he is excited about his accomplishment in Scene 5?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)