|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the Woman tell the man to stop telling a story about his friend?
(a) She is ill from hearing it.
(b) He is a terrible storyteller.
(c) He cannot get rid of her that easily.
(d) He is lying.
2. What is the Woman doing in Scene 6?
(a) Spying on the Man.
(b) Doing chores.
(d) Dancing with the vase.
3. How does the Man react to what he hears in Scene 6?
(a) He is calm and does not draw his sword.
(b) He gets angry and yells.
(c) He draws his sword and is aware.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
4. What does the Woman want the Man to do with the sword when she is scared in Scene 8?
(a) Throw it in the river.
(b) Kill her with it.
(c) Put it away.
(d) Give it to her.
5. What does the Woman ask the Man to do in the last scene, which he refuses?
(a) To kill her husband.
(b) To stay with her.
(c) To give her his sword.
(d) To give her money.
6. What does the Man pick up at the end of the final scene?
(a) His sword.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) The Woman's flute.
(d) His hat.
7. What does the Man do at the end of the final scene?
(a) Stays with the Woman.
(b) Sits and meditates on his life.
(c) Leaves and never comes back.
(d) Leaves and comes back a few minutes later.
8. What reason does the Man give for meditating the way he does?
(a) His friend told him it develops concentration.
(b) He has always done it that way.
(c) He learned it in a dream.
(d) His father taught him the technique.
9. What does the Woman say she tried to fill the silence with?
(a) The sound of a voice.
(c) Beautiful flowers.
(d) The music of her flute.
10. How does the Man describe the Woman's music?
11. What does the Man get out of his pocket at the end of the sixth scene?
(a) A map.
(c) A knife.
(d) A flower.
12. What does the Man want the Woman to do for him one day in Scene 5?
(a) Make his favorite food.
(b) Play her music for him.
(c) Write him a story.
(d) Become his wife.
13. What is the Man carrying at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) A bundle of his belongings.
(c) An injured bird.
(d) A harp.
14. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Practicing with his sword.
(d) Writing calligraphy.
15. What does the Woman warn the Man about in the final scene?
(a) The water will never run dry.
(b) The ground beneath him is unstable.
(c) The clounds will tremble with thunder.
(d) The air is heavy with dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Man react when the Woman stops his meditation?
2. What does the Man discover happened to him after he stops meditating?
3. What is the Man doing when the Woman asks him to join her in the eighth scene?
4. In the last scene, what does the Man ask the Woman to force him to do?
5. What does the Woman point out on the floor?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)