|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is the Woman in at the end of the play?
(a) She is weeping.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is meditating.
(d) She is asleep.
2. What does the Man intend to do in the beginning of the ninth scene?
(a) Leave the Woman.
(b) Steal the Woman's money.
(c) Kill the Woman.
(d) Kill himself.
3. In the last scene, what does the Man ask the Woman to force him to do?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Love her.
(d) Stay with her.
4. What does the Man kill with his sword?
(a) A bird.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A mosquito.
5. When the Man looks through the screen at night in Scene 6, what does he see?
(b) The full moon.
(c) The Woman.
(d) A family of deer.
6. What does the Woman ask the Man to do in the last scene, which he refuses?
(a) To stay with her.
(b) To give her his sword.
(c) To give her money.
(d) To kill her husband.
7. Why does the Woman say the Man would not like her music?
(a) He is from the city.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) She plays badly.
8. What does the Woman say she only intended to do for the Man?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Care for him.
(c) Make him tea.
(d) Heal his wounds.
9. What reason does the Woman give for teaching herself?
(a) So she will never forget.
(b) So she can chase away the silence.
(c) So she will be protected from the wild.
(d) So she will never go hungry.
10. What is the Man doing when the Woman asks him to join her in the eighth scene?
(b) Practicing with a sword.
(c) Drinking tea.
(d) Doing chores.
11. What does the Man say he is a fool about?
12. What is the Man doing at the beginning of Scene 7?
(c) Practicing with his sword.
(d) Writing calligraphy.
13. At the beginning of Scene 8, the Woman tries to make plans with the Man to do what?
(a) Help her with chores.
(b) Practice fighting with her.
(c) Go for a walk and pick flowers.
(d) Play music.
14. What is the Man's response when the Woman offers to play the flute for him in Scene 7?
(a) He hates the sound and gets angry.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He wants to hear a different song.
(d) He does not want to be soothed like a baby.
15. How does the Man describe the Woman's music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man say the Woman has transformed?
2. In Scene 5, what does the Man tell the Woman he heard her doing at night?
3. What does the Man do when he is excited about his accomplishment in Scene 5?
4. What does the Man get rid of for the Woman in Scene 5?
5. What does the Woman accuse the Man of believing in the last scene?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)