|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
(a) Being hungry.
(b) Lots of women.
(c) A lot of sound.
(d) Being waited on.
2. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) The flower.
(b) A map.
(c) His journal.
(d) His sword.
3. What country is the play's setting?
(c) United States.
4. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
(a) Play a game.
(c) Stay with her.
(d) Giver her money.
5. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
(a) Under the floorboards.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In his bag.
(d) Behind his back.
6. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) Beause he is not funny.
(c) Because he looks strong.
(d) Because she hates him.
7. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
8. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
(a) She gets magical powers.
(b) The flowers last for months.
(c) She makes perfume from the flowers.
(d) The flowers start to grow.
9. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
(b) How is her husband?
(c) How are her children?
(d) How does she make a living?
10. What does the Man say scares him?
11. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
(a) He is dressed in rags.
(b) He is shirtless.
(c) He is wearing his sleeping clothes.
(d) He is wearing armor.
12. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He yells for it to stop.
(c) He sings along.
(d) He pulls out his sword.
13. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) They are left on her doorstep.
(b) Visitors bring them.
(c) She walks and picks them.
(d) She buys them at the market.
14. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
(a) Helping her cook.
(b) Chopping so much wood.
(c) Keeping her company.
(d) Giving her money.
15. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) Her own sword.
(b) A silk kimono.
(c) The vase of flowers.
(d) Her pet bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
2. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
3. Who are the two main characters?
4. What name does the Woman say is too common?
5. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)