|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
(a) He is dressed in rags.
(b) He is wearing his sleeping clothes.
(c) He is wearing armor.
(d) He is shirtless.
2. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
3. What does the Woman say frightens her?
4. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
(b) Sharpening his sword.
(c) Preparing to leave.
(d) Eating breakfast.
5. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The Man's belly.
(b) Her aching back.
(c) The Man's leg.
(d) The Man's cheek.
6. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
(a) The cry of a bird.
(b) The Woman's singing.
(c) The sound of a flute.
(d) The Woman's coughing.
7. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(a) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
8. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) Her pet bird.
(b) Her own sword.
(c) A silk kimono.
(d) The vase of flowers.
9. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(b) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
10. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His eyes.
(d) The sun.
11. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) She buys them at the market.
(b) They are left on her doorstep.
(c) Visitors bring them.
(d) She walks and picks them.
12. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Practicing with his sword.
(d) Writing in a journal.
13. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
14. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) His sword-fighting abilities.
(b) The Woman's cooking.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The size of his belly.
15. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
(a) He pulls out his sword.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He yells for it to stop.
(d) He sings along.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scene 1 conclude?
2. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
3. Who are the two main characters?
4. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
5. What name does the Woman say is too common?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)