|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
2. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
(a) A stained glass window.
(b) Table and chairs.
(c) A vase of flowers.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
3. What does the Woman say frightens her?
4. Who are the two main characters?
(a) A man and a woman.
(b) Two brothers.
(c) A brother and a sister.
(d) A husband and a wife.
5. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) If he is married.
(b) What his purpose here is.
(c) How old he is.
(d) What his name is.
6. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Writing in a journal.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Practicing with his sword.
7. What does the Woman say she creates?
(a) A world that is more beautiful than before.
(b) The life and breath of man.
(c) A world beyond that which the Man can know.
(d) Magical potions.
8. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) She walks and picks them.
(b) Visitors bring them.
(c) She buys them at the market.
(d) They are left on her doorstep.
9. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
(b) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(c) He is strong and in love.
(d) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
10. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will hear the wind.
(b) She will not be cold.
(c) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
(d) She will take medicine for sleeping.
11. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
(a) The cry of a bird.
(b) The sound of a flute.
(c) The Woman's singing.
(d) The Woman's coughing.
12. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(a) A scream.
(b) The flute.
(c) Birds' chirping.
13. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(a) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
14. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
(a) He is wearing armor.
(b) He is dressed in rags.
(c) He is shirtless.
(d) He is wearing his sleeping clothes.
15. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How are her children?
(b) How is her husband?
(c) How does she make a living?
(d) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
2. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
3. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
4. The Man reveals he is from where?
5. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)