|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
(b) She will hear the wind.
(c) She will take medicine for sleeping.
(d) She will not be cold.
2. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) His sword.
(b) A map.
(c) His journal.
(d) The flower.
3. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
(b) He is strong and in love.
(c) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(d) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
4. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) Her silk kimono.
(b) The Man's sleeping mat.
(c) The vase of flowers.
(d) The Man's sword.
5. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) He looks tired.
(b) There is no more to do.
(c) It is time to eat.
(d) She will finish it.
6. What country is the play's setting?
(d) United States.
7. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
(a) A vase of flowers.
(b) A stained glass window.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) Table and chairs.
8. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
(a) The flowers start to grow.
(b) She gets magical powers.
(c) She makes perfume from the flowers.
(d) The flowers last for months.
9. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
(a) Giving her money.
(b) Keeping her company.
(c) Helping her cook.
(d) Chopping so much wood.
10. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
11. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
12. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) Her own sword.
(b) A silk kimono.
(c) The vase of flowers.
(d) Her pet bird.
13. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The Man's leg.
(b) The Man's cheek.
(c) The Man's belly.
(d) Her aching back.
14. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) The sun.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His belly.
(d) His eyes.
15. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) The north.
(b) The south.
(c) The city.
(d) Across the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say she creates?
2. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
3. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
4. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
5. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)