|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(b) Watches the woman.
(c) Yells at her to hurry.
(d) Falls asleep.
2. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
3. What does the Man say scares him?
4. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) Visitors bring them.
(b) She buys them at the market.
(c) She walks and picks them.
(d) They are left on her doorstep.
5. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) What his name is.
(b) How old he is.
(c) What his purpose here is.
(d) If he is married.
6. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) The north.
(b) The city.
(c) Across the sea.
(d) The south.
7. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) Peter Bacho.
(b) Jhumpa Lahiri.
(c) Amy Tan.
(d) David Henry Hwang.
8. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) A map.
(b) His sword.
(c) The flower.
(d) His journal.
9. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The Man's cheek.
(b) The Man's leg.
(c) Her aching back.
(d) The Man's belly.
10. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Silence.
(b) Man Who Fears Darkness.
(c) Man Who Fears Women.
(d) Man Who Fears Himself.
11. What does the Woman say she creates?
(a) The life and breath of man.
(b) A world that is more beautiful than before.
(c) Magical potions.
(d) A world beyond that which the Man can know.
12. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His belly.
(c) The sun.
(d) His muscles.
13. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
(b) She will not be cold.
(c) She will take medicine for sleeping.
(d) She will hear the wind.
14. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The birds' singing.
(b) Horses galloping.
(c) The rush of the river.
(d) The sound of a voice.
15. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because he looks strong.
(b) Beause he is not funny.
(c) Because she loves him.
(d) Because she hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
3. What country is the play's setting?
4. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
5. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)