|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Chopping wood.
(c) Practicing with his sword.
(d) Writing in a journal.
2. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
3. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
(a) A lot of sound.
(b) Being hungry.
(c) Lots of women.
(d) Being waited on.
4. What does the Man say scares him?
5. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The sound of a voice.
(b) The birds' singing.
(c) The rush of the river.
(d) Horses galloping.
6. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) Her own sword.
(b) Her pet bird.
(c) A silk kimono.
(d) The vase of flowers.
7. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(a) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
8. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(a) The world.
(b) Her singing.
(c) His belly.
9. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) Behind his back.
(c) Under the floorboards.
(d) In his bag.
10. How does Scene 1 conclude?
(a) The Woman sings to the Man.
(b) The Woman is cries in her room.
(c) The Man falls asleep peacefully.
(d) The Man sits on a mat, sword by his side.
11. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(a) The flute.
(b) Birds' chirping.
(c) A scream.
12. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) He is strong and in love.
(b) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(c) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
(d) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
13. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Fears Women.
(c) Man Who Fears Silence.
(d) Man Who Fears Darkness.
14. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His eyes.
(d) The sun.
15. What is the Man's response when the Woman asks where he is going in the second scene?
(a) He lies to her.
(b) He breaks down and cries.
(c) He is unable and unprepared to tell her.
(d) He laughs and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
2. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
3. What does the Woman say frightens her?
4. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
5. The Man reveals he is from where?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)