|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) A silk kimono.
(c) Her own sword.
(d) Her pet bird.
2. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How does she make a living?
(b) How is her husband?
(c) How are her children?
(d) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
3. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) His eyes.
(c) The sun.
(d) His muscles.
4. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) Horses galloping.
(b) The sound of a voice.
(c) The birds' singing.
(d) The rush of the river.
5. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
(b) He is strong and in love.
(c) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(d) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
6. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
(a) Giver her money.
(b) Play a game.
(d) Stay with her.
7. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
(a) Under the floorboards.
(b) Behind his back.
(c) In his bag.
(d) In his pocket.
8. What does the Man say scares him?
9. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Practicing with his sword.
(c) Writing in a journal.
(d) Chopping wood.
10. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
(a) Pours tea.
(b) Removes his shoes.
(c) Takes his cloak.
(d) Brings food.
11. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) They are left on her doorstep.
(b) Visitors bring them.
(c) She walks and picks them.
(d) She buys them at the market.
12. Who are the two main characters?
(a) A husband and a wife.
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) Two brothers.
(d) A brother and a sister.
13. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) A map.
(b) The flower.
(c) His sword.
(d) His journal.
14. What does the Woman say she creates?
(a) Magical potions.
(b) A world that is more beautiful than before.
(c) A world beyond that which the Man can know.
(d) The life and breath of man.
15. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Darkness.
(b) Man Who Fears Women.
(c) Man Who Fears Himself.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
2. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
3. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
4. What country is the play's setting?
5. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)