|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(c) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
2. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His belly.
(c) His muscles.
(d) The sun.
3. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The size of his belly.
(c) The Woman's cooking.
(d) His sword-fighting abilities.
4. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
(a) Helping her cook.
(b) Chopping so much wood.
(c) Giving her money.
(d) Keeping her company.
5. How does Scene 1 conclude?
(a) The Man sits on a mat, sword by his side.
(b) The Woman is cries in her room.
(c) The Man falls asleep peacefully.
(d) The Woman sings to the Man.
6. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) His sword.
(b) His journal.
(c) The flower.
(d) A map.
7. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(b) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
(c) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(d) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
8. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) Visitors bring them.
(b) She walks and picks them.
(c) They are left on her doorstep.
(d) She buys them at the market.
9. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The rush of the river.
(b) The sound of a voice.
(c) The birds' singing.
(d) Horses galloping.
10. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
(a) It needs to be done so he has to do it.
(b) He is strong and in love.
(c) It is a beautiful setting and any man could do it.
(d) It is wonderful to hear the birds sing.
11. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Watches the woman.
(b) Yells at her to hurry.
(c) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(d) Falls asleep.
12. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In his bag.
(c) Under the floorboards.
(d) Behind his back.
13. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
(a) He is shirtless.
(b) He is dressed in rags.
(c) He is wearing his sleeping clothes.
(d) He is wearing armor.
14. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will take medicine for sleeping.
(b) She will not be cold.
(c) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
(d) She will hear the wind.
15. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
2. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
4. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
5. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)