|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two main characters?
(a) A husband and a wife.
(b) Two brothers.
(c) A brother and a sister.
(d) A man and a woman.
2. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
(a) The flowers last for months.
(b) The flowers start to grow.
(c) She gets magical powers.
(d) She makes perfume from the flowers.
3. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
4. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Women.
(b) Man Who Fears Darkness.
(c) Man Who Fears Silence.
(d) Man Who Fears Himself.
5. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(a) The world.
(b) His belly.
(c) Her singing.
6. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(b) New clothes.
(d) A new sword.
7. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) Visitors bring them.
(b) She walks and picks them.
(c) They are left on her doorstep.
(d) She buys them at the market.
8. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Practicing with his sword.
(c) Writing in a journal.
9. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
(a) Stay with her.
(c) Giver her money.
(d) Play a game.
10. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will not be cold.
(b) She will take medicine for sleeping.
(c) She will hear the wind.
(d) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
11. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) His sword-fighting abilities.
(c) The size of his belly.
(d) The Woman's cooking.
12. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
(a) Pours tea.
(b) Removes his shoes.
(c) Takes his cloak.
(d) Brings food.
13. What does the Woman say frightens her?
14. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
15. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) David Henry Hwang.
(b) Jhumpa Lahiri.
(c) Peter Bacho.
(d) Amy Tan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man say scares him?
2. Why does the Man say he can do so much work?
3. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
4. The Man reveals he is from where?
5. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)