|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(b) New clothes.
(c) A new sword.
2. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Writing in a journal.
(b) Practicing with his sword.
(c) Chopping wood.
3. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
(a) Stay with her.
(c) Play a game.
(d) Giver her money.
4. What does the Woman say frightens her?
5. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(b) The flute.
(c) A scream.
(d) Birds' chirping.
6. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) The Man's sword.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) Her silk kimono.
(d) The Man's sleeping mat.
7. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
(b) Preparing to leave.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Sharpening his sword.
8. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
9. What does the Woman say she creates?
(a) The life and breath of man.
(b) Magical potions.
(c) A world that is more beautiful than before.
(d) A world beyond that which the Man can know.
10. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because she hates him.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) Because he looks strong.
(d) Beause he is not funny.
11. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) Her own sword.
(c) Her pet bird.
(d) A silk kimono.
12. What does the Woman touch at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The Man's belly.
(b) The Man's cheek.
(c) Her aching back.
(d) The Man's leg.
13. How does Scene 1 conclude?
(a) The Man sits on a mat, sword by his side.
(b) The Man falls asleep peacefully.
(c) The Woman sings to the Man.
(d) The Woman is cries in her room.
14. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(b) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
15. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) He looks tired.
(b) She will finish it.
(c) There is no more to do.
(d) It is time to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two main characters?
2. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
3. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
4. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
5. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)