|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) The city.
(b) The north.
(c) Across the sea.
(d) The south.
2. What does the Woman say frightens her?
3. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) A silk kimono.
(c) Her own sword.
(d) Her pet bird.
4. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(c) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
5. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
(a) He yells for it to stop.
(b) He pulls out his sword.
(c) He sings along.
(d) He ignores it.
6. What does the Man get out to look at in Scene 4?
(a) His journal.
(b) His sword.
(c) A map.
(d) The flower.
7. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Watches the woman.
(b) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(c) Yells at her to hurry.
(d) Falls asleep.
8. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(a) Birds' chirping.
(c) The flute.
(d) A scream.
9. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because she hates him.
(b) Because he looks strong.
(c) Beause he is not funny.
(d) Because she loves him.
10. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) It is time to eat.
(b) She will finish it.
(c) There is no more to do.
(d) He looks tired.
11. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) What his purpose here is.
(b) How old he is.
(c) What his name is.
(d) If he is married.
12. Where does the Man hide the flower he takes in Scene 1?
(a) Behind his back.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In his bag.
13. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
(a) Being waited on.
(b) Being hungry.
(c) Lots of women.
(d) A lot of sound.
14. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) The Man's sleeping mat.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) Her silk kimono.
(d) The Man's sword.
15. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They are poisonous.
(b) They do not grow nearby.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They are ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
2. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
3. How does Scene 1 conclude?
4. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
5. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)