|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man hear in Scene 4 that wakes him up?
(a) A scream.
(b) Birds' chirping.
(c) The flute.
2. What does the Man make a joke about in Scene 3?
(a) The Woman's cooking.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) His sword-fighting abilities.
(d) The size of his belly.
3. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
(a) Keeping her company.
(b) Helping her cook.
(c) Chopping so much wood.
(d) Giving her money.
4. How is the Man dressed in Scene 3?
(a) He is wearing his sleeping clothes.
(b) He is wearing armor.
(c) He is dressed in rags.
(d) He is shirtless.
5. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because she hates him.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) Because he looks strong.
(d) Beause he is not funny.
6. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
7. What country is the play's setting?
(b) United States.
8. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
(a) Stay with her.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Giver her money.
9. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Preparing to leave.
(d) Sharpening his sword.
10. The Woman says she will sleep well because of what reason?
(a) She will hear the Man's breathing at night.
(b) She will hear the wind.
(c) She will not be cold.
(d) She will take medicine for sleeping.
11. What does the Woman say she creates?
(a) The life and breath of man.
(b) A world that is more beautiful than before.
(c) Magical potions.
(d) A world beyond that which the Man can know.
12. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
13. What reason does the Woman give for how she gets her flowers?
(a) She walks and picks them.
(b) They are left on her doorstep.
(c) She buys them at the market.
(d) Visitors bring them.
14. When the Woman is preparing something to eat for the Man, what does the Man do?
(a) Watches the woman.
(b) Takes a flower out of the vase.
(c) Yells at her to hurry.
(d) Falls asleep.
15. Who are the two main characters?
(a) Two brothers.
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) A husband and a wife.
(d) A brother and a sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
2. The Man reveals he is from where?
3. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
4. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
5. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)