|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman say frightens her?
2. What is the Man doing in the beginning of the second scene?
(a) Preparing to leave.
(b) Sharpening his sword.
(c) Eating breakfast.
3. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) Amy Tan.
(b) David Henry Hwang.
(c) Jhumpa Lahiri.
(d) Peter Bacho.
4. What does the Woman tell the Man that he should learn to love?
(a) Her singing.
(b) The world.
(d) His belly.
5. What does the Woman say she creates?
(a) Magical potions.
(b) A world that is more beautiful than before.
(c) A world beyond that which the Man can know.
(d) The life and breath of man.
6. What does the Woman say happens when she takes care of her flowers?
(a) The flowers start to grow.
(b) She gets magical powers.
(c) The flowers last for months.
(d) She makes perfume from the flowers.
7. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(b) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(c) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
8. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
(a) Giving her money.
(b) Helping her cook.
(c) Chopping so much wood.
(d) Keeping her company.
9. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
(a) Giver her money.
(c) Play a game.
(d) Stay with her.
10. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They do not grow nearby.
(b) They are poisonous.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They are ugly.
11. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
(b) A new sword.
(d) New clothes.
12. Why does the Woman say the Man should not make jokes?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) Because he looks strong.
(c) Beause he is not funny.
(d) Because she hates him.
13. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
(a) He yells for it to stop.
(b) He sings along.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He pulls out his sword.
14. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) How old he is.
(b) What his name is.
(c) If he is married.
(d) What his purpose here is.
15. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
(a) How are her children?
(b) How does she make a living?
(c) How is her husband?
(d) How can she sleep in a quiet place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What does the Woman bring inside the room in Scene 2?
3. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
4. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
5. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)