* Scene 1: A Japanese woman pours tea for an aging Japanese samurai.
* Neither character reveals a name, so the Man is called Man Who Fears Women and Man Who Fears Silence. The Woman is called Hanako, Flower Girl.
* The Woman is glad to have visitors and expresses her fear of silence, which the Man also fears.
* The Man is awakened in the night by the sound of a flute, and draws his sword in defense against the sound.
* The Man calms down and rests with his sword ready on his lap.
* Scene 2: The Man prepares to leave the Woman after the previous night's events.
* The Man tells the Woman that her flowers do not grow nearby.
* The Woman expresses how much she cares for her flowers, which can live for months.
* The Woman tells the Man that she creates a world beyond that which he can know...
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)