|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Quentin have to pay to stop from going to court?
2. What religion does Jason say he has nothing against?
3. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
4. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
5. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
2. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
3. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
4. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
5. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
6. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
7. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
8. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
9. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
10. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think 1920's society reacts to Benjy's disability? How do you think people would react today?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
Essay Topic 3
Dilsey can be aggressive towards Jason. How do you think a black person role had changed in the 1920s since the days of slavery? Does Jason ever try to keep control of Dilsey?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)