|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to attack Quentin?
2. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
3. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
4. How old is Quentin?
5. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quentin see Caddy?
2. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
3. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
4. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
5. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
6. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
7. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
8. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
9. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
10. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Quentin always gets into fights? Do you think he is just protecting his sister's honor?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Faulkner's life as a writer and a person. How much of the novel do you think comes from Faulkner's personal experience?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of mental illness do you think Benjy has? How does his illness affect the other members of the family? Do you think the family allow his illness to affect them too much? What ways do you think they could deal with Benjy better?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)