|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Quentin remember fighting with?
2. What does Uncle Maury chew to mask the alcohol on his breath?
3. How many notes does Quentin write?
4. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
5. What is the opening phrase of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
2. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
3. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
4. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
5. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
6. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
7. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
8. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
9. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
10. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Caddy's relationship with the following characters:
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Quentin always gets into fights? Do you think he is just protecting his sister's honor?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Quentin commits suicide? How do you think it affects the family?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)