|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
2. How much money did Jason give Lorraine last time they met?
3. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
4. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
5. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
2. Describe Quentin's character.
3. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
4. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
5. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
6. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
7. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
8. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
9. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
10. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book suggests something more violent than what actually happens. What meaning do you think the title gives the book? Do you think the title is appropriate?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of mental illness do you think Benjy has? How does his illness affect the other members of the family? Do you think the family allow his illness to affect them too much? What ways do you think they could deal with Benjy better?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the lack of attention from their parents affects the following characters;
2) The female Quentin
3) The male Quentin
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)