|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
2. What kind of Jews does Jason resent?
3. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
4. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
5. What does Quentin buy at the hardware store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
2. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
3. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
4. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
5. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
6. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
7. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
8. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
9. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
10. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Faulkner's life as a writer and a person. How much of the novel do you think comes from Faulkner's personal experience?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Dilsey represents to the family? How do you think they would cope without her?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)