|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Quentin say buys her school books?
2. Who does Quentin say she wants?
3. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
4. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
5. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
2. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
3. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
4. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
5. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
6. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
7. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
8. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
9. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
10. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Jason's character. In what ways do you you think he is just doing good by his family? Why do you think he does not leave the family home? Is the attention he receives from his mother just as damaging as the lack of attention his siblings receive from her? Why do you think he treats Caddy and her daughter so badly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Caddy's relationship with the following characters:
Essay Topic 3
Dilsey can be aggressive towards Jason. How do you think a black person role had changed in the 1920s since the days of slavery? Does Jason ever try to keep control of Dilsey?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)