|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
2. How late does Jason say Caddy's check is?
3. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
4. What does Uncle Maury chew to mask the alcohol on his breath?
5. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
2. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
3. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
4. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
5. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
6. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
7. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
8. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
9. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
10. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the children grow up into very different characters. Why do you think they strive for individuality? Do you think it is more damaging than healthy? Do you think they are ever likely to find themselves?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Quentin commits suicide? How do you think it affects the family?
Essay Topic 3
Dilsey can be aggressive towards Jason. How do you think a black person role had changed in the 1920s since the days of slavery? Does Jason ever try to keep control of Dilsey?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)