|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
2. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
3. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
4. What religion does Jason say he has nothing against?
5. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
2. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
3. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
4. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
5. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
6. Describe Quentin's character.
7. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
8. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
9. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
10. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think 1920's society reacts to Benjy's disability? How do you think people would react today?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of mental illness do you think Benjy has? How does his illness affect the other members of the family? Do you think the family allow his illness to affect them too much? What ways do you think they could deal with Benjy better?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)