Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
2. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
3. What does Spoade call Quentin?
4. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
5. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the lack of attention from their parents affects the following characters;
2) The female Quentin
3) The male Quentin
Essay Topic 2
Compare the three monologues. What different styles does Faulkner use for each one? Do you think they portray each character effectively? Why do you think Faulkner writes the final chapter in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Faulkner express Benjy and Quentin's obsessive behavior? Why do you think Jason is the only narrator not to have obsessive behavior? What meaning does it give to his character and the novel?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)