|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
2. What was the name of Caddy's husband?
3. How old is Quentin?
4. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
5. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
2. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
3. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
4. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
5. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
6. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
7. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
8. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
9. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
10. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Quentin tells his father that he was the one who got Caddy pregnant? Do you think he is hiding something? Do you think there are any indicators in the book to suggest he is a homosexual?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Jason's character. In what ways do you you think he is just doing good by his family? Why do you think he does not leave the family home? Is the attention he receives from his mother just as damaging as the lack of attention his siblings receive from her? Why do you think he treats Caddy and her daughter so badly?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Caddy's relationship with the following characters:
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)