Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
2. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
3. What does Spoade call Quentin?
4. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
5. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Quentin tells his father that he was the one who got Caddy pregnant? Do you think he is hiding something? Do you think there are any indicators in the book to suggest he is a homosexual?
Essay Topic 2
A southern family is often depicted as close knit and bonded by religion and a strong identity. Why do you think Faulkner chose to portray a dysfunctional southern family during this time? What was happening in American life where he could make such a negative portrayal?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Faulkner express Benjy and Quentin's obsessive behavior? Why do you think Jason is the only narrator not to have obsessive behavior? What meaning does it give to his character and the novel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)