|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quentin cheat at?
2. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
3. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
4. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
5. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Quentin's character.
2. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
3. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
4. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
5. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
6. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
7. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
8. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
9. How does Quentin see Caddy?
10. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Dilsey represents to the family? How do you think they would cope without her?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the three monologues. What different styles does Faulkner use for each one? Do you think they portray each character effectively? Why do you think Faulkner writes the final chapter in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following statement; the female Quentin and Caddy's promiscuity is due to a lack of a proper father figure in their life.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)