|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
2. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
3. What does Spoade call Quentin?
4. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
5. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
Essay Topic 1
Dilsey can be aggressive towards Jason. How do you think a black person role had changed in the 1920s since the days of slavery? Does Jason ever try to keep control of Dilsey?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the three monologues. What different styles does Faulkner use for each one? Do you think they portray each character effectively? Why do you think Faulkner writes the final chapter in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
What meaning do you think the Mississippi setting gives the novel? Choose another state and examine how different the novel would be if it was set there.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)