|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luster offer to sell the golfer?
2. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
3. Where is Jason employed?
4. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
5. What was Benjamin's original name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What does the ending say about the two remaining brothers?
4. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
5. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
6. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
9. Describe Quentin's character.
10. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book suggests something more violent than what actually happens. What meaning do you think the title gives the book? Do you think the title is appropriate?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Quentin always gets into fights? Do you think he is just protecting his sister's honor?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)