Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
2. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What does the ending say about the two remaining brothers?
4. What does the broken flower symbolize for Benji?
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
8. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
9. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
10. This novel is full of emotion. What do you think the three most significant emotions are in this final chapter?
Essay Topic 1
All the children grow up into very different characters. Why do you think they strive for individuality? Do you think it is more damaging than healthy? Do you think they are ever likely to find themselves?
Essay Topic 2
Faulkner writes in a southern Gothic style. What is the southern Gothic style? Where does it originate from? What meaning do you think it gave Southern literature?
Essay Topic 3
What meaning do you think the Mississippi setting gives the novel? Choose another state and examine how different the novel would be if it was set there.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)