Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
2. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What does the ending say about the two remaining brothers?
4. What does the broken flower symbolize for Benji?
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
8. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
9. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
10. This novel is full of emotion. What do you think the three most significant emotions are in this final chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Faulkner's life as a writer and a person. How much of the novel do you think comes from Faulkner's personal experience?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Jason's character. In what ways do you you think he is just doing good by his family? Why do you think he does not leave the family home? Is the attention he receives from his mother just as damaging as the lack of attention his siblings receive from her? Why do you think he treats Caddy and her daughter so badly?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following statement; the female Quentin and Caddy's promiscuity is due to a lack of a proper father figure in their life.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)