|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
2. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What does the ending say about the two remaining brothers?
4. What does the broken flower symbolize for Benji?
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
8. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
9. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
10. This novel is full of emotion. What do you think the three most significant emotions are in this final chapter?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think 1920's society reacts to Benjy's disability? How do you think people would react today?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of mental illness do you think Benjy has? How does his illness affect the other members of the family? Do you think the family allow his illness to affect them too much? What ways do you think they could deal with Benjy better?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)