Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
2. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What does the ending say about the two remaining brothers?
4. What does the broken flower symbolize for Benji?
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
8. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
9. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
10. This novel is full of emotion. What do you think the three most significant emotions are in this final chapter?
Why do you think Quentin always gets into fights? Do you think he is just protecting his sister's honor?
A southern family is often depicted as close knit and bonded by religion and a strong identity. Why do you think Faulkner chose to portray a dysfunctional southern family during this time? What was happening in American life where he could make such a negative portrayal?
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)