|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
2. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
3. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
4. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
5. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
2. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
3. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
4. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
5. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
9. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
10. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Quentin tells his father that he was the one who got Caddy pregnant? Do you think he is hiding something? Do you think there are any indicators in the book to suggest he is a homosexual?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Caddy's relationship with the following characters:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following statement; the female Quentin and Caddy's promiscuity is due to a lack of a proper father figure in their life.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)