Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
2. Who does Benjy take letters to?
3. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
4. What is the family's surname?
5. Where does Quentin say Benjy should be sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
2. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
3. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
4. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
5. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
6. How does Benjy endure his longing for Caddy?
7. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
8. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
9. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
10. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
What kind of mental illness do you think Benjy has? How does his illness affect the other members of the family? Do you think the family allow his illness to affect them too much? What ways do you think they could deal with Benjy better?
What do you think are the similirities between Caddy and her daughter Quentin? Why do you think Jason treats them so badly?
Why do you think Quentin commits suicide? How do you think it affects the family?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)