|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
2. What does the man in the red tie offer Benjy?
3. What does Maury do for a living?
4. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
5. What does Luster offer to sell the golfer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
2. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
3. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
4. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
5. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
6. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
7. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
10. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following statement; the female Quentin and Caddy's promiscuity is due to a lack of a proper father figure in their life.
Essay Topic 2
The title of the book suggests something more violent than what actually happens. What meaning do you think the title gives the book? Do you think the title is appropriate?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Quentin commits suicide? How do you think it affects the family?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)