|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jason employed?
2. What does Benjy say Caddy smells like?
3. Who does Quentin runaway with?
4. What is the family's surname?
5. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
2. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
3. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
6. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
7. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
8. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
9. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
10. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Dilsey represents to the family? How do you think they would cope without her?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the lack of attention from their parents affects the following characters;
2) The female Quentin
3) The male Quentin
Essay Topic 3
Examine Jason's character. In what ways do you you think he is just doing good by his family? Why do you think he does not leave the family home? Is the attention he receives from his mother just as damaging as the lack of attention his siblings receive from her? Why do you think he treats Caddy and her daughter so badly?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)