|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
2. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) A mouse
(b) His mother's hair
(c) A broken flower
(d) A picture of Caddy
3. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
(a) He has no arms.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is reckless.
(d) He hates her.
4. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She has stopped smelling of trees.
(b) She stops coming home from school.
(c) She shouts at him.
(d) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
5. What causes Benjy to moan?
(a) Jason's voice
(b) His sore blister
(c) The golfers saying caddy
(d) Luster hitting him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
2. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
3. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
4. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
5. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
2. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
3. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
4. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
5. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
6. Summarize the novel.
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
9. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
10. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)