|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
(a) A dead brother
(b) A famous painter
(c) Her favorite writer
(d) The child's father
2. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(c) His mother
3. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
4. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
5. What does Luster offer to sell the golfer?
(a) A brownie
(b) A golf club
(c) A golf ball
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Caddy's boyfriend?
2. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
3. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
4. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
5. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Benjy able to endure life?
2. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
3. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
4. How does Quentin see Caddy?
5. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
6. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
7. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
8. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
9. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)