|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
(a) A frog
(b) A spider
(d) Two flowers
2. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She thinks it will cure him.
(b) She thinks it sounds better.
(c) The children tease him.
(d) She changes his name hide his real identity.
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
(b) The golfer
5. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(b) The children
(d) His brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
2. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
3. What are the people at the river doing?
4. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
5. Who does Quentin runaway with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
2. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
3. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
4. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
5. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
6. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
7. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
8. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
9. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
10. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)