|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
(a) Tease him
(b) Love him
(c) Beat him
(d) Leave him
2. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
3. What is the family's surname?
4. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
(a) He is her nephew.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her grandson.
5. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
2. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
3. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
4. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
5. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
2. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
3. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
4. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
5. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
6. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
9. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
10. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)