|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is the novel divided into?
2. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
(a) She calls him names.
(b) She says she is running away.
(c) She puts his head under the water.
(d) She hits him.
3. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
4. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
(a) Mrs. Compton
5. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
2. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
3. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
4. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
5. What does Dilsey give Benjy to comfort him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
2. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
3. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
4. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
5. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
6. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
7. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
8. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
9. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
10. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)