|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is the novel divided into?
2. What is the name of the family's mother?
3. Why does Dilsey place a piece of wood between Luster and Benjy at night?
(a) So Benji will not hurt Luster.
(b) So they do not roll into each other.
(c) So Luster can hit him.
(d) So they do not fall through the centre of the bed.
4. Where is Jason employed?
(a) A gas station
(b) A construction site
(c) A local store
(d) The town bank
5. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(b) The local sherriff
(c) A man from a traveling circus
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
2. What does Luster find in the water?
3. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
4. What are the people at the river doing?
5. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
2. This novel is full of emotion. What do you think the three most significant emotions are in this final chapter?
3. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
4. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
5. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
6. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
7. How does Benjy endure his longing for Caddy?
8. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
9. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
10. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)