|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(b) He fails his course.
(c) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
(d) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
2. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(b) The cold
(c) The horses
3. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
4. Where is Jason employed?
(a) The town bank
(b) A local store
(c) A construction site
(d) A gas station
5. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
(c) His niece Quentin
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
2. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
3. Where does Quentin say Benjy should be sent?
4. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
5. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
4. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
9. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
10. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)