|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Benjy to moan?
(a) Jason's voice
(b) The golfers saying caddy
(c) His sore blister
(d) Luster hitting him
2. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
3. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
4. What are the people at the river doing?
(c) Sun bathing
(d) Washing clothes
5. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(b) The cold
(d) The horses
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
2. What is the name of Caddy's boyfriend?
3. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
4. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
5. What does Dilsey give Benjy to comfort him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
2. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
3. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
4. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
5. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
6. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
7. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
8. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
9. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
10. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)