|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
(a) His good looks
(b) His children
(c) His eye sight
(d) The use of his right hand
2. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
(a) A famous painter
(b) The child's father
(c) Her favorite writer
(d) A dead brother
3. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She marries a wealthy banker.
(b) She gets an abortion.
(c) She goes to see a priest.
(d) She runs away.
4. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
5. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
(a) He feels sorry for his mother.
(b) He brings in extra business.
(c) He is good company.
(d) He loves his niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
2. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
3. What does Benjy say Caddy smells like?
4. Why does Versh tell Caddy her mother will whip her?
5. Where is Jason employed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
2. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
3. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
4. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
5. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
6. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
7. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
8. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)