|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
(b) She shouts at him.
(c) She stops coming home from school.
(d) She has stopped smelling of trees.
2. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A dead fish
(b) A golf ball
(c) A golf club
(d) A human hand
3. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
(a) The use of his right hand
(b) His eye sight
(c) His good looks
(d) His children
4. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) A mouse
(b) A broken flower
(c) His mother's hair
(d) A picture of Caddy
5. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her nephew.
(d) He is her grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
2. Who does Benjy take letters to?
3. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
4. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
5. Who drives the carriage in the final scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
2. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
3. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
4. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
5. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
6. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
7. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
8. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
9. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
10. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)