|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
2. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A dead fish
(b) A human hand
(c) A golf club
(d) A golf ball
3. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
(b) Simple Simon
(c) Kissy kissy
4. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(b) The horses
(c) The cold
5. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(a) A man from a traveling circus
(c) The local sherriff
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
2. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
3. What was Benjamin's original name?
4. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
5. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
2. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
3. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
4. Summarize the novel.
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
7. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
8. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
9. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
10. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)