|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(b) The cold
(d) The horses
2. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
3. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(d) New York
4. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(a) His brother
(c) The children
5. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
(d) Mrs. Compton
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
2. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
3. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
4. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
5. Why does Benjy cry in the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
3. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
4. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
5. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
6. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
9. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
10. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)