|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
(a) Agrees never to say anything
(b) Shoots her
(c) Adopts the child
(d) Divorces her
2. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
(a) Her favorite writer
(b) A dead brother
(c) A famous painter
(d) The child's father
3. Who is credited with looking after the children?
4. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She marries a wealthy banker.
(c) She gets an abortion.
(d) She goes to see a priest.
5. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
2. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
3. Who does Benjy take letters to?
4. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
5. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
2. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
3. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
4. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
5. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
6. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
7. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
8. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
9. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
10. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)