|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
2. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
(a) School girls
(c) The washing machine
(d) The golf course
3. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
(a) Runs away
(b) Washes her mouth out with soap
(c) Hits Charlie
(d) Tells Benjy to stay
4. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a journalist.
(b) He is a pimp.
(c) He is a businessman.
(d) He is a carpet cleaner.
5. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
2. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
3. What does the man in the red tie offer Benjy?
4. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
5. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
2. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
3. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
4. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
5. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
8. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
9. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
10. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)