|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luster offer to sell the golfer?
(b) A golf club
(c) A golf ball
(d) A brownie
2. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) He can control the horses.
(b) He is the only person who knows how.
(c) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(d) Roskus is unwell.
3. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
(a) The kitchen
(c) The asylum
4. Where is Jason employed?
(a) A local store
(b) A construction site
(c) A gas station
(d) The town bank
5. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
(a) For letting Benjy see her
(b) For making advances towards her
(c) For telling Jason she planned to runaway
(d) For shouting at her
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Benjamin's original name?
2. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
3. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
4. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
5. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
2. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
3. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
4. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
5. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
6. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
7. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
10. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)