|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dilsey give Benjy to comfort him?
(a) A flower
(b) A blanket
(c) A slipper
(d) A piece of wood
2. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(b) His brother
(d) The children
3. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
4. Where does Quentin say Benjy should be sent?
(a) The work house
(b) A circus
(c) The asylum
5. What is the name of the family's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
2. What causes Benjy to moan?
3. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
4. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
5. Who drives the carriage in the final scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
2. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
3. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
4. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
5. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
6. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
7. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
8. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
9. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
10. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)