|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family's surname?
2. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) His mother's hair
(b) A picture of Caddy
(c) A broken flower
(d) A mouse
3. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
(a) Find him a wife
(b) Build him a house
(c) Secure him a car
(d) Find him a job at the bank
4. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(b) A man from a traveling circus
(c) The local sherriff
(d) Her mother
5. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
(a) His mother
(b) His niece Quentin
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Benjy to moan?
2. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
3. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
4. Who is credited with looking after the children?
5. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
2. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
3. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
4. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
5. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
6. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
7. What do you think that Mrs. Compson needed to become a good mother?
8. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
9. What does the broken flower symbolize for Benji?
10. Describe Quentin's character.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)