|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
(a) His car
(c) The family business
(d) The family house
2. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) His pants
(b) His watch
(c) A quarter
(d) His shoe
3. What is the name of Caddy's boyfriend?
4. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
5. Who is credited with looking after the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
2. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
3. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
4. What is the name of the family's mother?
5. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive effect does Caddy have on Benjy's life?
2. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
3. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
6. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
7. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
8. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
9. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
10. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)