|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
2. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
(a) As God's will
(b) As a curse on the family
(c) As part of life
(d) As a blessing
3. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
(a) She calls him names.
(b) She puts his head under the water.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She says she is running away.
4. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(a) A man from a traveling circus
(b) Her mother
(c) The local sherriff
5. Who does Roskus carry back to the house on his back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Luster driving Benjy to?
2. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
3. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
4. What is the name of the family's mother?
5. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
2. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
3. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
4. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
5. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
6. Why is Benjy's section so hard to understand?
7. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
8. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
9. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
10. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)