|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She gets an abortion.
(c) She goes to see a priest.
(d) She marries a wealthy banker.
2. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(b) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
(c) He fails his course.
(d) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
3. Who is credited with looking after the children?
4. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
5. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
(a) He cons it out of people.
(b) He borrows it.
(c) He steals it.
(d) He pawns family heirlooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
2. What causes Benjy to moan?
3. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
4. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
5. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
2. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
3. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
4. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
5. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
6. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
7. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
8. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
9. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
10. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)