|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
(b) Mrs. Compton
2. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
(a) The asylum
(c) The kitchen
3. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
4. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a carpet cleaner.
(b) He is a pimp.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a businessman.
5. What are the people at the river doing?
(b) Washing clothes
(c) Sun bathing
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
2. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
3. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
4. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
5. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
2. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
3. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
4. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
5. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
8. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
9. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
10. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)