|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
(a) She calls him names.
(b) She puts his head under the water.
(c) She says she is running away.
(d) She hits him.
2. What is the name of Caddy's boyfriend?
3. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
(b) Simple Simon
(d) Kissy kissy
4. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(a) His mother
5. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
2. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
3. What causes Benjy to moan?
4. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
5. What does the man in the red tie offer Benjy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
4. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
5. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
6. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
7. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
8. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
9. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
10. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)