|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
(a) Two flowers
(b) A spider
(c) A frog
2. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
3. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
(b) His mother
(c) His niece Quentin
4. What is the name of the family's mother?
5. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
(b) The kitchen
(c) The asylum
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
2. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
3. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
4. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
5. What was Benjamin's original name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
2. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
3. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
4. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
5. How does Benjy endure his longing for Caddy?
6. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
7. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
8. Do you think anyone in the Compson family is satisfied with life?
9. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
10. How does Jason show himself to be aware of Benjy's needs in this chapter?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)