|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(b) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
(c) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
(d) He fails his course.
2. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(b) The children
(c) His brother
3. Who is credited with looking after the children?
4. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
5. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
2. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
3. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
4. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
5. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
2. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
3. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
4. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
5. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
6. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
7. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
8. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
9. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
10. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)