|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) On the golf course
(b) At the gate
(c) Outside the school
(d) At the bus stop
2. What does Benjy say Caddy smells like?
3. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(a) The cold
(d) The horses
4. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her nephew.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her grandson.
5. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
(a) For telling Jason she planned to runaway
(b) For letting Benjy see her
(c) For shouting at her
(d) For making advances towards her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jason employed?
2. Where is Luster driving Benjy to?
3. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
4. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
5. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
2. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
3. What is Quentin's relationship with his sister Caddy?
4. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
5. How do you think outsiders see Benjamin?
6. Why do you think Benjy wants his sister back so much?
7. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
8. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
9. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
10. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)