Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a carpet cleaner.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a pimp.
(d) He is a journalist.
2. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
(b) A frog
(c) Two flowers
(d) A spider
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) Roskus is unwell.
(b) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(c) He can control the horses.
(d) He is the only person who knows how.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
2. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
3. What does Luster find in the water?
4. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
5. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Caddy and Quentin continuously search for love elsewhere?
2. Why do you think Benjy does not describe physical appearance?
3. What does the ending say about the two remaining brothers?
4. What does the broken flower symbolize for Benji?
5. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
6. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
7. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
8. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
9. Do you think the book's sudden ending makes its impact stronger?
10. This novel is full of emotion. What do you think the three most significant emotions are in this final chapter?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)