|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) His watch
(b) His pants
(c) His shoe
(d) A quarter
2. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
(a) The asylum
(c) The kitchen
3. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(d) New York
4. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
5. Where does Quentin say Benjy should be sent?
(a) A circus
(c) The work house
(d) The asylum
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Caddy's boyfriend?
2. What does Luster offer to sell the golfer?
3. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
4. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
5. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
2. Why does Benjy's mother change his name from Maury to Benjamin?
3. What can the reader understand about Benjy?
4. What does Benjy remember about his brother Quentin?
5. Describe Jason Compton's role in the novel.
6. Describe the two parents of the Compson family.
7. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
8. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
9. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
10. How does a tale of such hopelessness maintain such power?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)