|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
2. Where does Quentin say Benjy should be sent?
(a) A circus
(c) The work house
(d) The asylum
3. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
(a) Find him a job at the bank
(b) Secure him a car
(c) Build him a house
(d) Find him a wife
4. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) He can control the horses.
(b) Roskus is unwell.
(c) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(d) He is the only person who knows how.
5. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(b) His brother
(c) The children
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
2. Who does Benjy take letters to?
3. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
4. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
5. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Luster understands Benjy?
2. Describe Quentin's role in the novel.
3. Describe Caddy's role in the novel.
4. What complaints does the female Quentin have about Benjy?
5. Describe Uncle Maury's role in the novel.
6. Describe Benjamin Compson's role in the novel.
7. Describe Dilsey's role in the novel.
8. Describe the female Quentin's role in the novel.
9. In what way can Benjy understand things better than most people?
10. Do you think Caddy spoiled Benjy too much?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)