|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
(d) Her husband
2. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
(a) They can love anybody.
(b) They play games.
(c) They only want one thing.
(d) They are all immoral.
3. How much does Quentin have to pay to stop from going to court?
4. What was the name of Caddy's husband?
(a) Anthony Corelli
(b) Simon Goldsmith
(c) Jacob Legg
(d) Herbert Head
5. Where does Jason see Uncle Maury drinking?
(a) In the pantry
(b) In a cave
(c) Behind a gravestone
(d) In church
6. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
(a) To send it with love
(b) To throw it away
(c) To pay for it himself
(d) To send it collect
7. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) His parents' marriage
(b) His father's alcoholism
(c) Caddy's life
(d) Quentin's suicide
8. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) His store
(b) The family home
(c) The local bar
(d) Their father's funeral
9. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
10. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
(a) Like a mental patient
(b) Like a nigger woman
(c) Like an alien from Mars
(d) Like his mother
11. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he has forgotten?
(a) His sister
(b) His watch
(c) The time
(d) His glasses
12. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
(a) Marry him
(b) Have his child
(c) Telephone him
(d) Love him
13. What time does Jason check his shares?
(a) One O'clock
(b) Three O'clock
(d) Ten O'clock
14. How many notes does Quentin write?
15. Who does Jason send a telegram to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
2. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
3. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
4. What does Quentin buy the child at the bakery?
5. How old is Quentin?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)