|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lorraine live?
(b) North Carolina
(d) Las Vegas
2. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
(a) From the local storekeeper
(b) From a notice in the newspaper
(c) From a anonymous letter
(d) Female intuition
3. Who tries to attack Quentin?
(a) A skinhead
(b) Gerald Bland
(c) The girl's brother
4. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
(c) Hits the sheriff
5. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Toby Marsh
(b) Blimp Gibson
(c) Lottie Flower
(d) Gerald Bland
6. How late does Jason say Caddy's check is?
(a) Two weeks
(b) One day
(c) Two months
(d) Six days
7. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) The family home
(b) The local bar
(c) His store
(d) Their father's funeral
8. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
(b) The police
(d) His father
9. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
10. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
11. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
(a) Looney tune
(b) Sweet daddy
(c) Big man
(d) Steel buns
12. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
(a) Like a mental patient
(b) Like an alien from Mars
(c) Like his mother
(d) Like a nigger woman
13. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
(a) A family wedding
(b) His anniversay
(c) A birthday
(d) The boat race
14. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
(a) A cigar
(d) A golf ball
15. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
(a) To throw it away
(b) To send it with love
(c) To send it collect
(d) To pay for it himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
2. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
3. What was the name of Caddy's husband?
4. What is Mrs. Compson afraid Jason will do?
5. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)