|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Quentin say she wants?
(a) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) Her boyfriend
2. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
(d) Herbert Head
3. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
4. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
5. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
(a) He does not like Jason.
(b) He was out shopping.
(c) He was watching a film.
(d) He had to look after Benjy.
6. What is Mrs. Compson afraid Jason will do?
(a) Become an alcoholic
(b) Lose his temper with Quentin
(c) Leave her
(d) Lose his job
7. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
(a) Curly and yellow
(c) Wavy and brown
(d) Straight and black
8. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
(a) His anniversay
(b) A birthday
(c) A family wedding
(d) The boat race
9. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
(a) Steel buns
(b) Sweet daddy
(c) Looney tune
(d) Big man
10. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
(a) They play games.
(b) They are all immoral.
(c) They can love anybody.
(d) They only want one thing.
11. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Toby Marsh
(b) Lottie Flower
(c) Gerald Bland
(d) Blimp Gibson
12. What has Quentin told his father?
(a) That he has committed incest with his sister
(b) That he is a homosexual
(c) That he is wants to become a dustman
(d) That he wants to quit university
13. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
14. What is the opening phrase of this section?
(a) Love is all round us
(b) A man's man
(c) Once a bitch always a bitch
(d) Love not want not
15. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
(b) His father
(d) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
2. What does Gerald think is the only thing women can do?
3. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
4. Who does Quentin see in the bakery?
5. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)