|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(a) His father's
(c) His Grandfather's
(d) His mother's
2. Who does Quentin say buys her school books?
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her teacher
(d) Her mother
3. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) His parents' marriage
(b) Quentin's suicide
(c) His father's alcoholism
(d) Caddy's life
4. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
(c) Her husband
5. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Lottie Flower
(b) Gerald Bland
(c) Toby Marsh
(d) Blimp Gibson
6. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
7. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
8. What religion does Jason say he has nothing against?
(a) The Christian religion
(b) The Sikh religion
(c) The Jewish religion
(d) The Muslim religion
9. How many notes does Quentin write?
10. What does Mrs. Compson do with the checks that Caddy sends?
(a) Burns them
(b) Frames them
(c) Puts them in a scrap book
(d) Gives them to charity
11. Who tries to attack Quentin?
(b) A skinhead
(c) The girl's brother
(d) Gerald Bland
12. Why does Jason want to send Benjy to an asylum?
(a) Because Benjy is insane
(b) Because Benjy is an embarrashment
(c) To get tax benefits
(d) So they can live a happier life
13. What has Quentin told his father?
(a) That he has committed incest with his sister
(b) That he is a homosexual
(c) That he is wants to become a dustman
(d) That he wants to quit university
14. What did Quentin cheat at?
(b) Ice hockey
15. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
(a) She will become a social outcast.
(b) She will get beaten.
(c) She will get the sack.
(d) She will will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
2. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
3. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
4. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
5. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)