|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
2. What does Gerald think is the only thing women can do?
(a) Lay on their backs
3. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
(a) The police
(d) His father
4. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
(a) Buys a house
(b) Gambles it on the horses
(c) Keeps it for himself
(d) Buys a car
5. Who does Quentin say buys her school books?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her teacher
(d) Her grandmother
6. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
(a) Marry him
(b) Love him
(c) Have his child
(d) Telephone him
7. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(a) His Grandfather's
(b) His father's
(c) His mother's
8. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
(a) Big man
(b) Looney tune
(c) Sweet daddy
(d) Steel buns
9. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
(a) A hammer
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A football
10. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
(a) Wavy and brown
(b) Curly and yellow
(d) Straight and black
11. What is the opening phrase of this section?
(a) Love not want not
(b) Once a bitch always a bitch
(c) A man's man
(d) Love is all round us
12. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
13. What does Quentin buy after breakfast?
(a) A pair of swimming trunks
(b) A cigar
(c) A cake
(d) A gun
14. What time does Jason check his shares?
(a) Ten O'clock
(b) One O'clock
(d) Three O'clock
15. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
2. Who tries to attack Quentin?
3. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
4. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
5. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)