|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) Quentin's suicide
(b) His parents' marriage
(c) Caddy's life
(d) His father's alcoholism
2. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
(a) Her husband
3. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
(b) Wavy and brown
(c) Straight and black
(d) Curly and yellow
4. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
(a) They play games.
(b) They can love anybody.
(c) They only want one thing.
(d) They are all immoral.
5. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
6. What was the name of Caddy's husband?
(a) Anthony Corelli
(b) Simon Goldsmith
(c) Jacob Legg
(d) Herbert Head
7. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
(a) The telegram office
(b) The cinema
(c) The tobacco store
(d) The local newspaper
8. Who does Quentin say she wants?
(a) Her boyfriend
(b) Her father
(d) Her mother
9. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
10. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
11. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
12. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
(a) A blank piece of paper
(b) A $100 note
(d) A check
13. What does Caddy do when Quentin asks her if she loves Ames?
(a) Knees him in the groin
(b) Nods her head
(d) Holds his hand to her throat
14. What does Mrs. Compson do with the checks that Caddy sends?
(a) Gives them to charity
(b) Burns them
(c) Frames them
(d) Puts them in a scrap book
15. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
(a) A pair of shoes
(b) A football
(d) A hammer
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
2. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
3. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
4. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
5. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)