|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
2. What does Gerald think is the only thing women can do?
(c) Lay on their backs
3. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(a) His mother's
(c) His Grandfather's
(d) His father's
4. What is the name of Jason's boss?
5. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
(a) Keeps it for himself
(b) Buys a house
(c) Gambles it on the horses
(d) Buys a car
6. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
(a) His anniversay
(b) A family wedding
(c) A birthday
(d) The boat race
7. What does Quentin buy after breakfast?
(a) A cigar
(b) A cake
(c) A pair of swimming trunks
(d) A gun
8. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
(a) From a notice in the newspaper
(b) From a anonymous letter
(c) From the local storekeeper
(d) Female intuition
9. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
(a) Looney tune
(b) Steel buns
(c) Big man
(d) Sweet daddy
10. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
(a) The telegram office
(b) The tobacco store
(c) The cinema
(d) The local newspaper
11. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
(a) Telephone him
(b) Marry him
(c) Love him
(d) Have his child
12. Who does Quentin see in the bakery?
(a) A stray dog
(c) His mother
(d) An Italian child
13. What did Quentin cheat at?
(a) Ice hockey
14. What is Mrs. Compson afraid Jason will do?
(a) Lose his temper with Quentin
(b) Become an alcoholic
(c) Leave her
(d) Lose his job
15. What does Quentin think about the smell of honey suckle?
(a) It the most beatiful small of them all.
(b) It is the saddest smell of them all.
(c) It makes him sneeze.
(d) It reminds him of the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
2. What does Mrs. Compson do with the checks that Caddy sends?
3. What has Quentin told his father?
4. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
5. How much does Quentin have to pay to stop from going to court?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)