|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opening phrase of this section?
(a) A man's man
(b) Once a bitch always a bitch
(c) Love not want not
(d) Love is all round us
2. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
(a) The boat race
(b) His anniversay
(c) A family wedding
(d) A birthday
3. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
(a) Like a mental patient
(b) Like his mother
(c) Like an alien from Mars
(d) Like a nigger woman
4. What did Quentin cheat at?
(c) Ice hockey
5. What religion does Jason say he has nothing against?
(a) The Jewish religion
(b) The Christian religion
(c) The Muslim religion
(d) The Sikh religion
6. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
(a) From a notice in the newspaper
(b) From a anonymous letter
(c) Female intuition
(d) From the local storekeeper
7. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
(a) Outside an orphanage
(b) In a park
(c) A police station
(d) Outside a house
8. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
(a) Have his child
(b) Love him
(c) Telephone him
(d) Marry him
9. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
10. What does Gerald think is the only thing women can do?
(c) Lay on their backs
11. What does Quentin buy at the hardware store?
(a) A hammer
(b) Flat irons
(c) A screw driver
12. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
13. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
(c) Hits the sheriff
14. Why does Jason want to punish Caddy?
(a) For losing him his banking job
(b) For bringing shame on the family
(c) For lumbering him with Quentin
(d) For not giving him enough money
15. Who does Jason send a telegram to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
2. What has Quentin told his father?
3. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
4. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
5. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)