|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
(a) He had to look after Benjy.
(b) He was watching a film.
(c) He does not like Jason.
(d) He was out shopping.
2. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
(a) A football
(b) A pair of shoes
(d) A hammer
3. What illness does Jason tell Dilsey Caddy has?
4. How old is Quentin?
5. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
6. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
(c) The police
(d) His father
7. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
(a) To send it with love
(b) To throw it away
(c) To send it collect
(d) To pay for it himself
8. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
(a) The cinema
(b) The tobacco store
(c) The local newspaper
(d) The telegram office
9. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
10. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(b) His mother's
(c) His father's
(d) His Grandfather's
11. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
12. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
(a) Kill him
(b) Stamp on his foot
(c) Slap him
(d) Kiss him
13. What did Quentin cheat at?
(a) Ice hockey
14. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
15. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
(a) Her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spoade call Quentin?
2. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
3. Who does Jason send a telegram to?
4. What time does Jason check his shares?
5. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)