|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quentin think will happen to Benjy when his father dies?
(a) He will be put into an asylum.
(b) He will be killed.
(c) He will go into a deep depression.
(d) He will given away to another family.
2. What does Spoade call Quentin?
(a) Mr. Wimpy
(c) Grandfather time
(d) Shreve's wife
3. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) His parents' marriage
(b) Quentin's suicide
(c) Caddy's life
(d) His father's alcoholism
4. Why does Jason want to send Benjy to an asylum?
(a) Because Benjy is an embarrashment
(b) Because Benjy is insane
(c) So they can live a happier life
(d) To get tax benefits
5. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
(a) His father
(b) The police
6. What religion does Jason say he has nothing against?
(a) The Christian religion
(b) The Jewish religion
(c) The Sikh religion
(d) The Muslim religion
7. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
(b) Her husband
8. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
(a) Outside an orphanage
(b) A police station
(c) In a park
(d) Outside a house
9. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
(a) They play games.
(b) They only want one thing.
(c) They are all immoral.
(d) They can love anybody.
10. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
(a) Love him
(b) Marry him
(c) Telephone him
(d) Have his child
11. Where does Jason see Uncle Maury drinking?
(a) Behind a gravestone
(b) In the pantry
(c) In a cave
(d) In church
12. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(a) His mother's
(b) His father's
(c) His Grandfather's
13. What does Uncle Maury chew to mask the alcohol on his breath?
14. What kind of Jews does Jason resent?
(a) Jews working on the New York stock market
(c) Eastern European Jews
(d) Orthodox Jews
15. Who tries to attack Quentin?
(a) Gerald Bland
(b) A skinhead
(d) The girl's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quentin cheat at?
2. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
3. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
4. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
5. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)