|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caroline think Jason will make a great banker?
(a) He wears glasses.
(b) He is good with figures.
(c) He understands the value of money.
(d) He has practical sense.
2. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
3. How much money did Jason give Lorraine last time they met?
4. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
(a) Gambles it on the horses
(b) Buys a car
(c) Keeps it for himself
(d) Buys a house
5. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
(b) A golf ball
(c) A cigar
6. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
7. What is Mrs. Compson afraid Jason will do?
(a) Become an alcoholic
(b) Lose his job
(c) Lose his temper with Quentin
(d) Leave her
8. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
(a) His father
(d) The police
9. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he has forgotten?
(a) His glasses
(b) The time
(c) His sister
(d) His watch
10. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
11. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
(a) Have her child
(b) Love him
(c) Leave America
(d) Marry Herbert
12. What is the name of Jason's boss?
13. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
(a) A $100 note
(b) A check
(c) A blank piece of paper
14. What illness does Jason tell Dilsey Caddy has?
15. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
2. What does Jason say Quentin is upstairs doing?
3. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
4. Who does Quentin say buys her school books?
5. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)