|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
2. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
(a) The washing machine
(b) The golf course
(d) School girls
3. Who is credited with looking after the children?
4. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
(a) Agrees never to say anything
(b) Shoots her
(c) Adopts the child
(d) Divorces her
5. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
6. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
(a) The child's father
(b) A dead brother
(c) A famous painter
(d) Her favorite writer
7. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She stops coming home from school.
(b) She has stopped smelling of trees.
(c) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
(d) She shouts at him.
8. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
9. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) A broken flower
(b) A picture of Caddy
(c) A mouse
(d) His mother's hair
10. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
11. What does Dilsey give Benjy to comfort him?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) A blanket
(c) A slipper
(d) A flower
12. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) At the bus stop
(b) At the gate
(c) On the golf course
(d) Outside the school
13. Where is Luster driving Benjy to?
(b) The asylum
(c) The cemetary
(d) The hospital
14. Why does Benjy cry in the carriage?
(a) The road is bumpy.
(b) He has lost his shoe.
(c) He is wants to pee.
(d) Luster is driving the wrong way.
15. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) He is the only person who knows how.
(b) He can control the horses.
(c) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(d) Roskus is unwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
2. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
3. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
4. Who drives the carriage in the final scene?
5. How many parts is the novel divided into?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)