|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Luster driving Benjy to?
(a) The cemetary
(b) The asylum
(d) The hospital
2. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
3. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
(a) To prove his masculinity
(b) To defend his sister's honor
(c) To learn boxing
(d) To feel passion
4. How many parts is the novel divided into?
5. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
(a) She puts his head under the water.
(b) She says she is running away.
(c) She calls him names.
(d) She hits him.
6. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
(a) His car
(b) The family house
(c) The family business
7. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
(a) Beat him
(b) Love him
(c) Tease him
(d) Leave him
8. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
(a) For shouting at her
(b) For making advances towards her
(c) For telling Jason she planned to runaway
(d) For letting Benjy see her
9. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
10. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
(b) The library
(c) The supermarket
(d) The church
11. Why does Versh tell Caddy her mother will whip her?
(a) She keeps swearing.
(b) She has been stealing money.
(c) She has been seen with boys.
(d) Her dress is wet.
12. Why does Benjy cry in the carriage?
(a) He has lost his shoe.
(b) He is wants to pee.
(c) Luster is driving the wrong way.
(d) The road is bumpy.
13. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She changes his name hide his real identity.
(b) She thinks it will cure him.
(c) The children tease him.
(d) She thinks it sounds better.
14. Where is Jason employed?
(a) The town bank
(b) A construction site
(c) A gas station
(d) A local store
15. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(c) The children
(d) His brother
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
2. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
3. Who is credited with looking after the children?
4. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
5. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)