Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a carpet cleaner.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a pimp.
(d) He is a journalist.
2. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
(b) A frog
(c) Two flowers
(d) A spider
3. What is the name of the family's mother?
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) Roskus is unwell.
(b) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(c) He can control the horses.
(d) He is the only person who knows how.
6. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
7. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
(a) He has no arms.
(b) He is reckless.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He hates her.
8. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A dead fish
(b) A human hand
(c) A golf club
(d) A golf ball
9. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
(a) The golfer
10. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She thinks it sounds better.
(b) She thinks it will cure him.
(c) She changes his name hide his real identity.
(d) The children tease him.
11. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
12. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
(a) The supermarket
(b) The church
(c) The library
13. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) A broken flower
(b) A mouse
(c) A picture of Caddy
(d) His mother's hair
14. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
(a) Hits Charlie
(b) Tells Benjy to stay
(c) Washes her mouth out with soap
(d) Runs away
15. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He fails his course.
(b) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(c) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
(d) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
2. What are the people at the river doing?
3. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
4. Where is Luster driving Benjy to?
5. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)