|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
(a) His eye sight
(b) His good looks
(c) The use of his right hand
(d) His children
2. What was Benjamin's original name?
3. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
4. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(c) His brother
(d) The children
5. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
(a) The child's father
(b) Her favorite writer
(c) A dead brother
(d) A famous painter
6. What are the people at the river doing?
(a) Sun bathing
(b) Washing clothes
7. How many parts is the novel divided into?
8. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(a) The local sherriff
(b) A man from a traveling circus
(d) Her mother
9. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
(a) As a blessing
(b) As a curse on the family
(c) As God's will
(d) As part of life
10. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
(a) The asylum
(d) The kitchen
11. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
12. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A human hand
(b) A dead fish
(c) A golf club
(d) A golf ball
13. What does the man in the red tie offer Benjy?
(a) A cigarette
(b) An orange
(c) An apple
(d) A match
14. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
15. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
(a) Agrees never to say anything
(b) Adopts the child
(c) Shoots her
(d) Divorces her
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
2. Why does Dilsey place a piece of wood between Luster and Benjy at night?
3. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
4. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
5. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)