|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
2. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
(b) The library
(c) The supermarket
(d) The church
3. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(d) New York
4. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
5. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
(a) That she was not bedridden
(b) That she knew how to cook
(c) That she was a stronger children
(d) That she had more money
6. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She marries a wealthy banker.
(b) She goes to see a priest.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She gets an abortion.
7. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a pimp.
(b) He is a carpet cleaner.
(c) He is a businessman.
(d) He is a journalist.
8. Who does Roskus carry back to the house on his back?
9. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
(a) He borrows it.
(b) He pawns family heirlooms.
(c) He cons it out of people.
(d) He steals it.
10. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
(a) His mother
(d) His niece Quentin
11. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
(a) For telling Jason she planned to runaway
(b) For making advances towards her
(c) For shouting at her
(d) For letting Benjy see her
12. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
(a) His children
(b) The use of his right hand
(c) His eye sight
(d) His good looks
13. What does the man in the red tie offer Benjy?
(a) A match
(b) An apple
(c) An orange
(d) A cigarette
14. Where is Jason employed?
(a) A construction site
(b) The town bank
(c) A gas station
(d) A local store
15. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She thinks it sounds better.
(b) She thinks it will cure him.
(c) The children tease him.
(d) She changes his name hide his real identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
2. What is the name of the family's mother?
3. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
4. What is the family's surname?
5. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)