|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
(a) The children
(b) His brother
2. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
(a) To feel passion
(b) To defend his sister's honor
(c) To prove his masculinity
(d) To learn boxing
3. Who drives the carriage in the final scene?
4. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
5. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is reckless.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He has no arms.
6. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(a) New York
7. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She stops coming home from school.
(b) She has stopped smelling of trees.
(c) She shouts at him.
(d) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
8. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
9. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
(a) School girls
(c) The washing machine
(d) The golf course
10. What causes Benjy to moan?
(a) Luster hitting him
(b) The golfers saying caddy
(c) Jason's voice
(d) His sore blister
11. What does Caddy do when Charlie wants Benjy to go away?
(a) Washes her mouth out with soap
(b) Hits Charlie
(c) Runs away
(d) Tells Benjy to stay
12. What was Benjamin's original name?
13. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A dead fish
(b) A human hand
(c) A golf club
(d) A golf ball
14. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
(d) Mrs. Compton
15. Who does Benjy take letters to?
(b) Mrs. Patterson
(d) Uncle Maury
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maury do for a living?
2. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
3. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
4. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
5. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)