|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people at the river doing?
(b) Washing clothes
(c) Sun bathing
2. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
3. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
(a) The child's father
(b) A dead brother
(c) Her favorite writer
(d) A famous painter
4. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
5. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(a) The local sherriff
(c) A man from a traveling circus
(d) Her mother
6. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
(a) The family business
(b) His car
(c) The family house
7. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
8. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
(a) As God's will
(b) As part of life
(c) As a curse on the family
(d) As a blessing
9. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
10. How many parts is the novel divided into?
11. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
12. What is the name of the family's mother?
13. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
14. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
(a) A spider
(b) Two flowers
(d) A frog
15. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
2. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
3. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
4. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
5. Where is Jason employed?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)