|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
(a) Find him a job at the bank
(b) Find him a wife
(c) Secure him a car
(d) Build him a house
2. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
(c) The kitchen
(d) The asylum
3. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
(a) Kissy kissy
(d) Simple Simon
4. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
5. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
(a) The washing machine
(b) School girls
(d) The golf course
6. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
7. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She marries a wealthy banker.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She gets an abortion.
(d) She goes to see a priest.
8. Why does Versh tell Caddy her mother will whip her?
(a) She has been seen with boys.
(b) She has been stealing money.
(c) She keeps swearing.
(d) Her dress is wet.
9. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) At the gate
(b) Outside the school
(c) At the bus stop
(d) On the golf course
10. What is the family's surname?
11. Who does Roskus carry back to the house on his back?
12. Who drives the carriage in the final scene?
13. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is a carpet cleaner.
(d) He is a pimp.
14. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
(a) Agrees never to say anything
(b) Shoots her
(c) Adopts the child
(d) Divorces her
15. What does Dilsey give Benjy to comfort him?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) A blanket
(c) A slipper
(d) A flower
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
2. How many parts is the novel divided into?
3. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
4. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
5. Who does Quentin runaway with?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)