|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is the novel divided into?
2. Why does Versh tell Caddy her mother will whip her?
(a) She has been seen with boys.
(b) She keeps swearing.
(c) Her dress is wet.
(d) She has been stealing money.
3. What causes Benjy to moan?
(a) The golfers saying caddy
(b) His sore blister
(c) Jason's voice
(d) Luster hitting him
4. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(b) His mother
5. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
(a) He is good company.
(b) He feels sorry for his mother.
(c) He brings in extra business.
(d) He loves his niece.
6. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
7. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
8. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) He is the only person who knows how.
(b) Roskus is unwell.
(c) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(d) He can control the horses.
9. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
10. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(b) The cold
(d) The horses
11. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
(b) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
(c) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(d) He fails his course.
12. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
13. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
14. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
(a) The use of his right hand
(b) His good looks
(c) His eye sight
(d) His children
15. Where is Jason employed?
(a) A local store
(b) The town bank
(c) A construction site
(d) A gas station
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
2. What was Benjamin's original name?
3. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
4. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
5. What does Luster find in the water?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)