|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
2. Why does Dilsey place a piece of wood between Luster and Benjy at night?
(a) So they do not roll into each other.
(b) So they do not fall through the centre of the bed.
(c) So Benji will not hurt Luster.
(d) So Luster can hit him.
3. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(a) New York
4. What color tie is Quentin's companion wearing?
5. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
(a) She says she is running away.
(b) She calls him names.
(c) She puts his head under the water.
(d) She hits him.
6. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) Outside the school
(b) At the bus stop
(c) On the golf course
(d) At the gate
7. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
(a) For shouting at her
(b) For making advances towards her
(c) For telling Jason she planned to runaway
(d) For letting Benjy see her
8. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She stops coming home from school.
(b) She shouts at him.
(c) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
(d) She has stopped smelling of trees.
9. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
(a) That she knew how to cook
(b) That she was not bedridden
(c) That she had more money
(d) That she was a stronger children
10. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
11. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She thinks it will cure him.
(b) She thinks it sounds better.
(c) She changes his name hide his real identity.
(d) The children tease him.
12. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) His mother's hair
(b) A mouse
(c) A broken flower
(d) A picture of Caddy
13. Who does Roskus carry back to the house on his back?
14. Who does Benjy take letters to?
(b) Uncle Maury
(c) Mrs. Patterson
15. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She goes to see a priest.
(b) She gets an abortion.
(c) She marries a wealthy banker.
(d) She runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
2. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
3. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
4. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
5. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)