|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside Benjy's bottle?
(b) Two flowers
(c) A spider
(d) A frog
2. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) On the golf course
(b) Outside the school
(c) At the bus stop
(d) At the gate
3. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
4. What is the name of the family's mother?
5. What are the people at the river doing?
(b) Washing clothes
(c) Sun bathing
6. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
7. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
(a) He has no arms.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He is reckless.
8. How does Caddy make Benjy cry?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She calls him names.
(c) She puts his head under the water.
(d) She says she is running away.
9. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
(a) He is her grandson.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her nephew.
10. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
(a) To feel passion
(b) To prove his masculinity
(c) To learn boxing
(d) To defend his sister's honor
11. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
(b) She has stopped smelling of trees.
(c) She stops coming home from school.
(d) She shouts at him.
12. Where is Jason employed?
(a) The town bank
(b) A construction site
(c) A local store
(d) A gas station
13. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
14. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
(b) The golf course
(c) The washing machine
(d) School girls
15. Who does Mrs. Compson worry about leaving in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
2. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
3. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
4. Who does Maury use to send notes to his lover?
5. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)