|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Benjy to moan?
(a) The golfers saying caddy
(b) His sore blister
(c) Luster hitting him
(d) Jason's voice
2. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
(b) Mrs. Compton
3. Why does Benjy cry in the carriage?
(a) He is wants to pee.
(b) Luster is driving the wrong way.
(c) The road is bumpy.
(d) He has lost his shoe.
4. What was Benjamin's original name?
5. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is a carpet cleaner.
(d) He is a pimp.
6. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
7. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
8. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A golf club
(b) A dead fish
(c) A golf ball
(d) A human hand
9. Why does Dilsey place a piece of wood between Luster and Benjy at night?
(a) So they do not fall through the centre of the bed.
(b) So Benji will not hurt Luster.
(c) So they do not roll into each other.
(d) So Luster can hit him.
10. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
(d) The golfer
11. Who is the only sibling Caroline can relate to?
12. Who does Roskus carry back to the house on his back?
13. How much money does Uncle Maury want from his sister?
14. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(d) His mother
15. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
(a) Secure him a car
(b) Find him a job at the bank
(c) Build him a house
(d) Find him a wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
2. Why is Quentin angry at Luster?
3. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
4. Who is Quentin's favorite sibling?
5. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)