|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is the novel divided into?
2. What is the family's surname?
3. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(a) A man from a traveling circus
(b) The local sherriff
(c) Her mother
4. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
(a) School girls
(b) The washing machine
(d) The golf course
5. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
6. Why does TP have to drive the carriage?
(a) Roskus is unwell.
(b) He is the only person who knows how.
(c) If he does not drive it, Benjy will cry.
(d) He can control the horses.
7. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
(a) Love him
(b) Tease him
(c) Leave him
(d) Beat him
8. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) At the bus stop
(b) On the golf course
(c) At the gate
(d) Outside the school
9. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
(a) He brings in extra business.
(b) He is good company.
(c) He feels sorry for his mother.
(d) He loves his niece.
10. Why does Benjy cry in the carriage?
(a) Luster is driving the wrong way.
(b) He is wants to pee.
(c) He has lost his shoe.
(d) The road is bumpy.
11. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
(a) He cons it out of people.
(b) He pawns family heirlooms.
(c) He steals it.
(d) He borrows it.
12. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
(a) Simple Simon
(d) Kissy kissy
13. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) A broken flower
(b) A mouse
(c) His mother's hair
(d) A picture of Caddy
14. What can Benjy smell when he goes out into the cold?
(a) The horses
(c) The cold
15. What is the name of Caddy's boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luster find in the water?
2. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
3. What does Benji have no understanding of?
4. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
5. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)