|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Compson not want TP to drive the carriage?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is reckless.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He has no arms.
2. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
(a) Love him
(b) Leave him
(c) Tease him
(d) Beat him
3. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
4. How does Maury get the money he uses to invest in business?
(a) He borrows it.
(b) He pawns family heirlooms.
(c) He steals it.
(d) He cons it out of people.
5. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) His pants
(b) A quarter
(c) His watch
(d) His shoe
6. What does Luster find in the water?
(a) A golf club
(b) A golf ball
(c) A dead fish
(d) A human hand
7. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
(a) On the golf course
(b) At the gate
(c) At the bus stop
(d) Outside the school
8. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(c) His mother
9. What is the name of the family's mother?
10. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
(a) A mouse
(b) A picture of Caddy
(c) His mother's hair
(d) A broken flower
11. What does Caddy do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She marries a wealthy banker.
(c) She goes to see a priest.
(d) She gets an abortion.
12. Why does Versh tell Caddy her mother will whip her?
(a) She has been seen with boys.
(b) Her dress is wet.
(c) She keeps swearing.
(d) She has been stealing money.
13. What was Benjamin's original name?
14. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
15. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
(a) To learn boxing
(b) To feel passion
(c) To defend his sister's honor
(d) To prove his masculinity
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luster give the golf ball to?
2. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
3. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
4. Who is Benjy's favorite sibling?
5. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)