|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Luster related to Dilsey?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her nephew.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her grandson.
2. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
(a) Simple Simon
(c) Kissy kissy
3. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
4. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a pimp.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is a businessman.
(d) He is a carpet cleaner.
5. Where is Luster driving Benjy to?
(a) The cemetary
(b) The hospital
(c) The asylum
6. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She thinks it sounds better.
(b) The children tease him.
(c) She changes his name hide his real identity.
(d) She thinks it will cure him.
7. What does the banker do when he finds out Caddy's child is not his?
(a) Adopts the child
(b) Shoots her
(c) Divorces her
(d) Agrees never to say anything
8. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(a) New York
9. What does Roskus tell TP he is losing?
(a) The use of his right hand
(b) His children
(c) His eye sight
(d) His good looks
10. What are the people at the river doing?
(a) Sun bathing
(c) Washing clothes
11. Why does the store owner employ Jason?
(a) He brings in extra business.
(b) He is good company.
(c) He feels sorry for his mother.
(d) He loves his niece.
12. Who did Quentin have a fight with in a barn?
13. What does Caddy tell Benjy she will never do?
(a) Beat him
(b) Leave him
(c) Tease him
(d) Love him
14. Why does Benjy cry in the carriage?
(a) The road is bumpy.
(b) He is wants to pee.
(c) He has lost his shoe.
(d) Luster is driving the wrong way.
15. Where is Jason employed?
(a) A local store
(b) A gas station
(c) A construction site
(d) The town bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dilsey give Benjy to comfort him?
2. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
3. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
4. For what reason does Quentin get into fights?
5. Where does Benjy wait for Caddy to return home from school?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)