|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) His parents' marriage
(b) Caddy's life
(c) Quentin's suicide
(d) His father's alcoholism
2. What does Benji have no understanding of?
(a) His mother
3. Why does Versh tell Caddy her mother will whip her?
(a) She keeps swearing.
(b) She has been seen with boys.
(c) Her dress is wet.
(d) She has been stealing money.
4. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
(b) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
(c) He fails his course.
(d) He cannot cope with his father's death.
5. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
(c) Kissy kissy
(d) Simple Simon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benji spend most of his time watching?
2. Who does Quentin remember fighting with?
3. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
4. What was Benjamin's original name?
5. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)