|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Benjy to moan?
(a) Jason's voice
(b) Luster hitting him
(c) His sore blister
(d) The golfers saying caddy
2. How does Benjy sense that something has changed about Caddy?
(a) She has stopped smelling of trees.
(b) She stops coming home from school.
(c) She shouts at him.
(d) She spends all her time in the bathroom.
3. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) A quarter
(b) His shoe
(c) His watch
(d) His pants
4. Where does Dilsey tell Luster to take Benjy?
(b) The library
(c) The supermarket
(d) The church
5. On whom does Jason vent his anger ?
(a) His niece Quentin
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caddy name her daughter after?
2. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
3. Where does Benjy's mother threaten to send him if he does not behave?
4. What does Benjy clasp in his hand in the carriage?
5. Who is credited with looking after the children?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)