|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Sheriff blame for Quentin running away?
(a) Mrs. Compson
(d) The man in the red tie
2. What does Caddy do when Quentin asks her if she loves Ames?
(a) Knees him in the groin
(b) Holds his hand to her throat
(c) Nods her head
3. Why is Dilsey disappointed in the visiting preacher?
(a) He speaks in a white man's voice.
(b) He is immoral.
(c) He is too nervous.
(d) He has no charisma.
4. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He fails his course.
(b) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
(c) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(d) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
5. What does Quentin buy the child at the bakery?
(a) Dog food
(c) A doughnut
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Quentin say Benjy should be sent?
2. What was Benjamin's original name?
3. Who does Roskus say is a sign of bad luck?
4. Which one of the Compson children is the only one who does not have a narrative?
5. Whose day off is it?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)