|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Quentin commit suicide?
(a) He cannot cope with his father's death.
(b) He fails his course.
(c) He cannot accept his sister's shame.
(d) He cannot accept that he is a homosexual.
2. Who does Quentin runaway with?
(a) A man from a traveling circus
(c) Her mother
(d) The local sherriff
3. What does the man in the red tie offer Benjy?
(a) An apple
(b) An orange
(c) A cigarette
(d) A match
4. Who is sitting in the swing in present time?
(d) Mrs. Compton
5. How old is Benjy on the day Faulkner recites his narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
2. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
3. What is the family's surname?
4. What does the wealthy banker promise to do for Jason?
5. What does Quentin buy at the hardware store?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)