1. How many parts is the novel divided into?
2. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
(b) New York
3. What is the family's surname?
4. What is the name of the family's mother?
5. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
6. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
(a) As a blessing
(b) As God's will
(c) As part of life
(d) As a curse on the family
7. Why does Caroline change Benjamin's name?
(a) She changes his name hide his real identity.
(b) The children tease him.
(c) She thinks it will cure him.
(d) She thinks it sounds better.
8. How old is Benjamin when his mother changes his name?
9. What was Benjamin's original name?
10. What does Maury do for a living?
(a) He is a pimp.
(b) He is a carpet cleaner.
(c) He is a businessman.
(d) He is a journalist.
This section contains 3,252 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)