|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's grandmother say about David?
(a) He is weak and fragile.
(b) He has always been brave and adventurous.
(c) He will always come home.
(d) He will not survive.
2. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 11?
3. What is Tskanay's relationship to Katsuk?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They were once betrothed.
4. How do the people of the tiny village feel about Katsuk?
(a) They love him.
(b) They respect him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They hate him.
5. Why does Tskanay try to seduce David?
(a) So he will no longer be innocent.
(b) She is trying to make Katsuk jealous.
(c) So he won't die a virgin.
(d) She is very attracted to him.
6. What does the FBI think Katsuk will demand as ransom?
(a) An independent reservation.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Ft. Lawton.
7. What do the locals admire about the Native Americans?
(a) Their ability to survive in the wilderness.
(b) Their spirituality.
(c) Their hunting prowess.
(d) Their long, flowing hair.
8. Katsuk tells a story about an animal that asked his ancestors to kill it. What animal is he discussing?
(a) A frog.
(b) A whale.
(c) A bear.
(d) A deer.
9. How does Katsuk kill the fish in Section 10?
(a) He bites its throat.
(b) He roasts it alive.
(c) He spears it with his knife.
(d) He breaks its neck.
10. What happens when Katsuk screams for Raven when arguing with Ish?
(a) It begins to thunder and lightning.
(b) He loses his voice.
(c) A single raven lands on one of the huts.
(d) All answers are correct.
11. What special treat does David find in Vince's pack?
(a) Baked beans.
(b) Beef jerky.
(c) Chocolate and peanuts.
(d) Chips and dip.
12. How does David survive the night on his own in Section 12?
(a) Building a small cabin.
(b) Using the skills Katsuk taught him.
(c) Sleeping in an abandoned deer blind.
(d) Hiding in a fox hole.
13. David practices what meditative technique?
(d) Not thinking.
14. For what does David ask Tskanay in Section 8?
(a) His life.
(d) To kill him.
15. Where does the object David throws hit Katsuk?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the back.
(c) It misses.
(d) In the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 8, what does David fear will happen if he escapes?
2. What did Katsuk write a paper about when he was a college student?
3. What has Katsuk found to use as a knife?
4. Who does David run into in his attempt to escape from the tiny village?
5. Whose supplies have Katsuk and David been using in Section 10?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)