|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about what the white men have done to the Native Americans?
2. Why does Tskanay try to seduce David?
(a) So he won't die a virgin.
(b) So he will no longer be innocent.
(c) She is very attracted to him.
(d) She is trying to make Katsuk jealous.
3. What is Katsuk wearing as he wanders through the mountains in Section 10?
(a) A down parka.
(b) A ceremonial robe.
(c) Jeans and a tee shirt.
(d) Only a loincloth.
4. When David manages to survive the night, what does he wish?
(a) That he could produce smoke signals.
(b) That he was at home in his own bed.
(c) That Katsuk could see him using the skills Katsuk taught him.
(d) That his rescuers would show up.
5. For what does David ask Tskanay in Section 8?
(c) To kill him.
(d) His life.
6. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 9?
7. What do the locals admire about the Native Americans?
(a) Their hunting prowess.
(b) Their ability to survive in the wilderness.
(c) Their spirituality.
(d) Their long, flowing hair.
8. Charles's aunt says that Charles is on a journey to be with whom?
(a) His sister.
(b) Raven and his ancestors.
(c) His spiritual guide.
(d) His parents.
9. For what does Ish scold Katsuk?
(a) Acting like a shaman.
(b) Bringing a white man into their village.
(c) Claiming to be all-powerful.
(d) Disrespecting his elders.
10. When Katsuk finds David in Section 12, what does David realize?
(a) That Katsuk is ill.
(b) That he has to make a run for it.
(c) That there is no way to escape Katsuk.
(d) That Katsuk is going to kill him.
11. What phrase does David begin chanting in Section 10?
(a) "I can do this."
(b) "I am David, not Hoquat."
(c) "God will save me."
(d) "There's no place like home."
12. To what group did Katsuk write a letter urging action?
(a) The Attorney General's Office.
(c) United Indian Council.
(d) Displaced Indian Council.
13. What does David ask to do that Katsuk takes as a possible request for death?
(a) Have it all end.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go to sleep for a long time.
(d) Help carve the bow.
14. What does the FBI suspect Katsuk is acting as?
(a) A victim.
(b) A Native American militant.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A serial killer.
15. What has Katsuk found to use as a knife?
(a) A broken steak knife blade.
(b) A piece of obsidian.
(c) An ax head.
(d) A sharp rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding David in Section 12, from what does Katsuk believe his problems stem?
2. Where does the object David throws hit Katsuk?
3. In Section 8, what does David fear will happen if he escapes?
4. In Section 9, Katsuk says the gods are talking to him through what?
5. What does Katsuk tell David will happen if he goes back to sleep?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)