|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the locals admire about the Native Americans?
(a) Their spirituality.
(b) Their long, flowing hair.
(c) Their hunting prowess.
(d) Their ability to survive in the wilderness.
2. What does the FBI think Katsuk will demand as ransom?
(a) Ft. Lawton.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) An independent reservation.
3. What happens when Katsuk screams for Raven when arguing with Ish?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) It begins to thunder and lightning.
(c) He loses his voice.
(d) A single raven lands on one of the huts.
4. In Section 8, what does David fear will happen if he escapes?
(a) He will be captured and killed.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He will not be able to find his way out of the forest.
(d) Katsuk will kill the others.
5. Who has replaced Tskanay as David's guard?
(b) Two children.
6. When Katsuk finds David in Section 12, what does David realize?
(a) That Katsuk is going to kill him.
(b) That Katsuk is ill.
(c) That he has to make a run for it.
(d) That there is no way to escape Katsuk.
7. Cally tells Katsuk that killing David will make him like whom?
(a) The white men.
(b) His father.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) Those he worships.
8. What phrase does David begin chanting in Section 10?
(a) "God will save me."
(b) "There's no place like home."
(c) "I am David, not Hoquat."
(d) "I can do this."
9. Why does Katsuk think that he feels no pain in Section 11?
(a) He is now a god.
(b) He has risen above mere human feelings.
(c) Bee has blocked the pain.
(d) Pain is subjective.
10. Why does Tskanay try to seduce David?
(a) She is very attracted to him.
(b) So he won't die a virgin.
(c) She is trying to make Katsuk jealous.
(d) So he will no longer be innocent.
11. What is Tskanay's relationship to Katsuk?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They were once betrothed.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are cousins.
12. What is the Native American name of the woman David and Katsuk meet in the forest?
13. Where does the object David throws hit Katsuk?
(a) It misses.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the face.
14. After finding David in Section 12, from what does Katsuk believe his problems stem?
(a) He thinks he caught a virus in a cave.
(b) He thinks his ancestors are angry with him.
(c) He thinks he was affected by an evil spirit in the fish.
(d) He thinks David cursed him.
15. When David manages to survive the night, what does he wish?
(a) That Katsuk could see him using the skills Katsuk taught him.
(b) That his rescuers would show up.
(c) That he was at home in his own bed.
(d) That he could produce smoke signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katsuk write a paper about when he was a college student?
2. Why is David not worried about Katsuk killing him, despite Katsuk's volatile mood swings?
3. Who has gone to the sheriff to issue warnings about Katsuk and his location?
4. What happens as David rushes toward the shelter in Section 12?
5. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 10?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)