|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David manages to survive the night, what does he wish?
(a) That he could produce smoke signals.
(b) That Katsuk could see him using the skills Katsuk taught him.
(c) That he was at home in his own bed.
(d) That his rescuers would show up.
2. What is Katsuk wearing as he wanders through the mountains in Section 10?
(a) A down parka.
(b) Jeans and a tee shirt.
(c) A ceremonial robe.
(d) Only a loincloth.
3. What upsets David as he continues his second escape?
(a) That he feels tied to Katsuk.
(b) He can't remember what his mother looks like.
(c) He is torn between wanting to go home and wanting to make sure Katsuk is safe.
(d) His foot hurts.
4. What special treat does David find in Vince's pack?
(a) Chips and dip.
(b) Chocolate and peanuts.
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) Baked beans.
5. What happens as David rushes toward the shelter in Section 12?
(a) His rescuers come out and put him in an ambulance.
(b) The air fills with ravens.
(c) He trips and breaks his arm.
(d) He is shot.
6. What is the name of David's teacher?
(a) Howard Marshall.
(b) Bob Kennedy.
(c) Tilman Barth.
(d) Harlow B. Watts.
7. In his college paper, what did Katsuk accuse the white men of doing?
(a) Giving in to all of the temptations put in front of them.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Not really living their lives and focusing on all the wrong things.
(d) Hurting his sister.
8. What does Katsuk do when David tells the woman his name?
(a) He beats David.
(b) He denies David food and water.
(c) He ties David to a tree.
(d) He beats the woman.
9. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 10?
10. What happens when Katsuk screams for Raven when arguing with Ish?
(a) A single raven lands on one of the huts.
(b) He loses his voice.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) It begins to thunder and lightning.
11. What is the Native American name of the woman David and Katsuk meet in the forest?
12. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 11?
13. What about the man David wrote a paper about made David question him as a hero?
(a) He made no mistakes.
(b) He was an egotistical leader.
(c) He killed as many as he saved.
(d) He only served a small group.
14. Why is David not worried about Katsuk killing him, despite Katsuk's volatile mood swings?
(a) Katsuk promised not to kill David unless David asked him to.
(b) Katsuk is harmless.
(c) Katsuk wouldn't betray his family.
(d) David just doesn't care anymore.
15. For what does David ask Tskanay in Section 8?
(a) To kill him.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about what the white men have done to the Native Americans?
2. What is the name of Katsuk's aunt?
3. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 9?
4. According to the person David runs into in his escape attempt, what has happened to Tskanay?
5. What sends David into a depression after it passes?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)