|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Nazi soldiers enter Cracow?
2. Why was his picture there, the answer to question#71?
3. What does Sophie tell Stingo about how her life before the war was?
4. Why is Nathan and Sophie's friendship so important to Stingo?
5. Where did Stingo learn his religious prejudices about Judaism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stingo getting ready for his date with Leslie.
2. One night in the Maple Court Stingo and Sophie are waiting for Nathan. Sophie is dressed differently than usual. How is she dressed and why is she dressed that way?
3. What types of behavior did Stingo indulge in that his new boss at McGraw-Hill hated?
4. Describe the scene between Stingo and Leslie at her house.
5. How does the narrator Stingo write of Leslie Lapidus?
6. Describe Nathan's and Sophies argument before Stingo, Sophie and Nathan went to Coney Island.
7. How does Farrell feel about Stingo and what does he say to Stingo about his job and his life?
8. What happened to Sophie immediately following her molestation on the subway?
9. What does Stingo think about Sophie's assertion that they will all be good friends?
10. Describe what Sophie says about her early days in Poland.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stingo said no people, including Germans, should be condemned as a group. What do you think he meant by this statement? Do you agree with it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Farrell puts up with Stingo's behavior at work? Support your answer with evidence from the first chapter.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nathan's attitude towards women. Describe Stingo's attitude towards women. How are the two similar? How do they differ?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)