|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stingo do on this first morning in the boarding house?
2. What did Stingo receive from his dad after he lost his job?
3. Where is Stingo originally from?
4. What does Sophie notice about Nathan's eyes when he's screaming at her?
5. Who does Stingo watch from his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathan do when he returns to Sophie's after meeting at the library.
2. Describe Stingo getting ready for his date with Leslie.
3. When Stingo sees Yetta yelling at Moishe what goes through his mind about Jews?
4. Describe Nathan's and Sophies argument before Stingo, Sophie and Nathan went to Coney Island.
5. One night in the Maple Court Stingo and Sophie are waiting for Nathan. Sophie is dressed differently than usual. How is she dressed and why is she dressed that way?
6. Describe Stingo's first morning at the boarding house in relation to his writing.
7. What happens in the bar when Nathan shows up the night Sophie is dressed for Nathan's big announcement?
8. What types of behavior did Stingo indulge in that his new boss at McGraw-Hill hated?
9. Describe what Sophie says about her early days in Poland.
10. How does Farrell feel about Stingo and what does he say to Stingo about his job and his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Sophie tells Stingo much more of her experiences in the concentration camp than she tells Nathan? Use examples from the book to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nathan's attitude towards women. Describe Stingo's attitude towards women. How are the two similar? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think Stingo's sex drive affected his life? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,660 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)