|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farrell urge Stingo to do?
2. Where did Stingo get his nickname?
3. Why does Stingo describe Höss' background?
4. Where is Sophie working in 1947, in America?
5. What's happening the first time Stingo sees Sophie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Stingo and Sophie after she and Nathan fight?
2. What happened to Sophie immediately following her molestation on the subway?
3. Describe the three friends walking the street on the way to Coney Island and how Stingo feels about it.
4. What does Sophie tell Nathan the first night they met about her background in the camp?
5. How does Farrell feel about Stingo and what does he say to Stingo about his job and his life?
6. Describe how Stingo finds out about his old girlfriend, Maria and how he feels about it.
7. Describe what Sophie says about her early days in Poland.
8. Describe Nathan's criticism of Stingo's southern origins. To what does he compare Stingo?
9. Why did the conversation with Nathan's friends on Coney Island fascinate Stingo?
10. Describe the scene between Stingo and Leslie at her house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sophie's experience in the concentration camp. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Stingo was changed by watching Nathan and Sophie's love affair day in and day out?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Nazi program Lebensborn. Why do you think this program existed?
This section contains 1,594 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)