|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Farrell handle a life he hates?
(a) he drinks
(b) he takes drugs
(c) he runs marathons
(d) he plays poker
2. Where did Sophie see Hoss's picture one day?
(a) in a magazine
(b) on a wanted poster
(c) on the internet
(d) in the newspaper
3. How does Nathan feel about Stingo being a writer?
4. About what does Nathan give Stingo a hard time?
(a) being short
(b) trying to be a writer
(c) being in love with Sophie
(d) being from the south
5. How does Stingo attempt to calm the situation with Nathan's anger?
(a) by threatening him
(b) by putting a drug in his wine
(c) by flattering him
(d) by proposing a toast to Nathan
Short Answer Questions
1. What stuns Stingo about the conversation with Nathan and Nathan's friends on Coney Island?
2. Why is Nathan screaming at Sophie in the bar?
3. When did the Nazi soldiers enter Cracow?
4. Why is Stingo waiting at the bar the night Sophie dresses in revealing clothes?
5. How does Stingo feel about his old girlfriend's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Stingo and Sophie after she and Nathan fight?
2. Describe Nathan's criticism of Stingo's southern origins. To what does he compare Stingo?
3. Describe Nathan's and Sophies argument before Stingo, Sophie and Nathan went to Coney Island.
4. What does Nathan do when he returns to Sophie's after meeting at the library.
5. Is Stingo tempted by his father's offer and why won't he take it?
6. Describe the scene between Stingo and Leslie at her house.
7. Describe Stingo's first morning at the boarding house in relation to his writing.
8. Describe some of Stingo's thoughts about Nathan as they relax in the bar in Chapter 8.
9. One night in the Maple Court Stingo and Sophie are waiting for Nathan. Sophie is dressed differently than usual. How is she dressed and why is she dressed that way?
10. Describe the three friends walking the street on the way to Coney Island and how Stingo feels about it.
This section contains 1,698 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)