|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stingo goes to get Sophie for their lunch picnic what happens?
(a) he trips and knocks her down
(b) he sees that she has no teeth
(c) nothing happens
(d) he grabs her and kisses her
2. Who helped Sophie with her health problems after she met Nathan?
(a) Nathan's boss, Dr. Roger Calhoun
(b) Nathan's brother, Dr. Larry Landau
(c) Nathan's father, Dr. Nathan Landau
(d) Stingo's friend, Dr. Larry Morgan
3. What's happening the first time Stingo sees Sophie?
(a) Sophie is slapping Nathan
(b) Nathan is screaming at her in the hallway
(c) Sophie is pushing a baby stroller
(d) they are both doing laundry
4. How does Stingo end up on his hot date with Leslie?
(a) in bed with Sophie
(b) in bed with Leslie for the weekend
(c) in jail for attempted rape
(d) sound asleep on the couch
5. What does Nathan think is wrong with Sophie?
(b) bad bones
(c) simple iron deficiency
(d) mental illness
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Stingo, Nathan and Sophie hang out to escape the summer heat?
2. Where did Sophie see Hoss's picture one day?
3. How does Farrell handle a life he hates?
4. Where is Sophie working in 1947, in America?
5. Why does Stingo describe Höss' background?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nathan's criticism of Stingo's southern origins. To what does he compare Stingo?
2. How does Farrell feel about Stingo and what does he say to Stingo about his job and his life?
3. Describe some of Stingo's thoughts about Nathan as they relax in the bar in Chapter 8.
4. Describe the conversation Stingo and Sophie have in the park when they go for lunch in Chapter 6.
5. One night in the Maple Court Stingo and Sophie are waiting for Nathan. Sophie is dressed differently than usual. How is she dressed and why is she dressed that way?
6. Describe Stingo's thoughts on Senator Theodore Gilmore Bilbo and why he was thinking of him.
7. Why did the conversation with Nathan's friends on Coney Island fascinate Stingo?
8. Why does Commandant Hoss say he had it as difficult as the prisoners?
9. Describe the three friends walking the street on the way to Coney Island and how Stingo feels about it.
10. Describe what Sophie says about her early days in Poland.
This section contains 1,607 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)