Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What is the date at the beginning of this story?
(a) February 13, 1931
(b) February 18, 1931
(c) March 2, 1931
(d) December 23, 1931
2. Who is trying to fly at the start of the novel?
(b) Robert Smith
3. What is Robert Smith's profession?
(d) Insurance agent
4. What is another name for the hospital in the story?
(a) Far From Helpful Hospital
(b) No Name Hospital
(c) No Mercy Hospital
(d) No Blacks Allowed
5. Where is the person in #2 trying to fly?
(a) New York
(b) Lake Erie
(c) Lake Superior
6. Who is the first woman to deliver a 'colored baby' at Mercy Hospital?
(b) Ruth Foster
7. What is the name of the baby delivered in #6?
8. Which of these names does not belong in the Dead family?
(a) First Corinthians
9. What does Macon Dead do for work?
(a) Insurance agent
(b) Real estate agent
This section contains 3,148 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)