|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Claire give Alys for why her community had chosen to eradicate feelings of love in its citizens?
(a) Because they believed to do so would make the citizens easier to control.
(b) Because they believed to do so would please Trademaster.
(c) Because they believed to do so would simplify everyone's lives.
(d) Because they believed to do so fixed many ills.
2. What job does Einar perform after his attempt to leave the village ends in failure?
3. What do the villagers call the act of leaving the village?
(c) Climbing out.
4. What color are Claire's eyes?
5. Since giving birth to Bethan six years ago, how many children has Bryn lost before birth?
6. Though Claire does not remember how old she is, what does Alys judge Claire's age to be when she arrives in the village?
7. Bethan, Delwyth, and Eira call a little corner of what type of natural feature their Tea Place?
(a) A beach.
(b) A marsh.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A group of tidepools.
8. What does Alys feed Claire upon Claire's arrival in the village?
9. What is NOT one of the items Claire takes with her when she climbs out?
(b) A rope.
(c) A water gourd.
(d) A knife.
10. What type of footwear does Claire always wear during her time living in the village?
(a) Leather sandals.
(b) Leather boots.
(c) Seagrass sandals.
(d) Bamboo sandals.
11. Until what age had Einar been raised by someone other than his father?
12. When Bryn gives birth to a healthy baby girl, what does Claire shout at Alys?
(a) "Believe me!"
(b) "Don't take it from her!"
(c) "Give me the baby!"
(d) "It cannot be a girl!"
13. For how many years does Clare train with Einar before she climbs out?
14. What solution does Alys prepare that she hopes will help Bryn make it full-term in her current pregnancy?
(a) Strawberry leaf infusion.
(b) Marionberry leaf infusion.
(c) Raspberry leaf infusion.
(d) Blueberry leaf infusion.
15. When Claire feels she has mastered the running of the hillside path, what does Einar do to make the task more difficult?
(a) He tells her to take off her shoes.
(b) He tells her to run a more difficult path.
(c) He tells her to run backwards.
(d) He ties her hands together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Claire tell Einar she will throw from the top of the cliff to let him know she has succeeded?
2. What object does Claire use for her stair-stepping exercises?
3. What type of animal inspires the greatest fear in Claire once she arrives in the village?
4. What name is given to Claire upon her arrival in the village?
5. For what has Alys always yearned?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)