|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapters 1-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Alys remove from the bottom of her trunk so that Claire may smell its scent?
(a) A bouquet of dandelions.
(b) A bouquet of chrysanthemums.
(c) A bouquet of beach roses.
(d) A bouquet of sunflowers.
2. What is the most severe injury Claire receives as a result of the bird attack?
(a) A gash in her arm that reaches the bone.
(b) An eye swollen shut.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A cut on her neck.
3. What object does Claire tell Einar she will throw from the top of the cliff to let him know she has succeeded?
(a) A rock wrapped in seaweed.
(b) A rock wrapped in birch leaves.
(c) A rock wrapped in plaid cloth.
(d) A rock wrapped in red cloth.
4. What objects does Claire use to stop the bleeding of her wound?
(a) Rope and a strip of leather.
(b) A strip of leather, some seaweed, and her signalling rock.
(c) Her shirt and herb salve.
(d) Herb salve and leaves.
5. What is the true cause of Claire's memory being triggered when she is making soup in the kitchen with Alys?
(a) Alys's mention of the name Gabe.
(b) Old Benedikt's mention of the name Gabe.
(c) Old Benedikt's comment that a woman's value lies in the number of children she bears.
(d) Alys's comment that the loss of another baby would break Bryn's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einar tells Claire that he thinks it may be better to climb out in search of something rather than for what other reason?
2. What skill does Dimitri explain is unique to humans?
3. Who had first seen the evil of Trademaster's ways and had banished him from the town?
4. What activity does Einar teach Claire how to do with a rope?
5. Claire's older brother had been selected to work in what department within the community?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)