|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what times does Claire take her walks in order to run into the male Nurturer with her son in tow?
(a) At sunrise and at sunset.
(b) After breakfast and before the evening meal.
(c) During lunch and after the evening meal.
(d) Before breakfast and after the evening meal.
2. At what age had Claire been selected as a Birthmother?
3. What do the villagers call the act of leaving the village?
(c) Climbing out.
4. What reason does Einar give Claire for why she must start her climb in the nighttime?
(a) So that Alys will not discover that she is gone.
(b) So that the seagulls will not attack her.
(c) So that she will not be near the top of the cliff in the darkness.
(d) So that she can practice her handholds and footholds without the benefit of light.
5. How old are the three best friends Delwyth, Bethan, and Eira at the time of Claire's arrival in the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Einar give to Claire once she is well enough to receive gifts?
2. When a Newchild is showing signs of being ineligible for assignment, it is called a failure to do what?
3. What adjective does the receptionist at the Nurturing Center use to describe Sophia?
4. What information does Claire's nametag contain besides her name?
5. For what reason does Claire decide not to try to take her son out of the Nurturing Center during her second visit?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)