|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire picks up the biology posters from the school, she meets a former teacher of hers. What subject does this woman teach?
(b) Home Economics.
2. The boat worker tells Claire that the boat on which they travel is special due to what quality?
(a) It can go twice as fast as other boats.
(b) It can generate its own drinking water.
(c) It can sail in either the river or the sea.
(d) Its maintenance is being subsidized by the government.
3. What is the true cause of Claire's memory being triggered when she is making soup in the kitchen with Alys?
(a) Old Benedikt's mention of the name Gabe.
(b) Alys's comment that the loss of another baby would break Bryn's heart.
(c) Old Benedikt's comment that a woman's value lies in the number of children she bears.
(d) Alys's mention of the name Gabe.
4. In what month of the year does the Ceremony always take place in the community?
5. What word do Bethan, Delwyth, and Eira use during their pretend tea party that is wholly unfamiliar to Claire?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does the male Nurturer find out the name of Claire's infant son?
2. What is the reason that the boat workers are forced to wait one full day after the boat's arrival in order to unload the community's supplies?
3. What is the most severe injury Claire receives as a result of the bird attack?
4. The male Nurturer teaches Claire's son to respond in what way whenever Claire says bye-bye?
5. What type of bird attacks Claire during her assent up the cliff?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)