|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers call the act of leaving the village?
(c) Climbing out.
2. What object does Claire use for her stair-stepping exercises?
(a) A log.
(b) A rock.
(c) A stump.
(d) Alys's porch.
3. When a Newchild is showing signs of being ineligible for assignment, it is called a failure to do what?
(a) To live.
(b) To pass muster.
(c) To succeed.
(d) To thrive.
4. In the recurring dreams Claire has in which she is hiding her son, where does she keep him hidden?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) In a drawer.
(c) In a treehouse.
(d) In a bird's nest.
5. Claire decides that if someone in authority tries to force her to take pills, she will do what before she gives up the love she feels for her son?
(a) Banish herself.
(c) Kill someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Claire give Alys for why her community had chosen to eradicate feelings of love in its citizens?
2. When Sophia reluctantly agrees to give Claire a tour of the Nurturing Center, what time does she say is approaching?
3. Claire goes to see Einar on a winter day primarily in order to ask him about what aspect of his past?
4. What is the name of the male Nurturer's daughter?
5. What reason does Sophia give Claire for the Nurturing Center staff not wearing nametags?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)