|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does Einar teach Claire how to do with a rope?
(a) To secure her position on the cliff.
(b) To tie different types of knots.
(c) To lasso objects.
(d) To construct a hammock.
2. With what tool had Trademaster hacked off half of each of Einar's feet after Einar had refused to trade with him?
(a) A saw.
(b) A scythe.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A machete.
3. When Claire arrives, how old is Einar, the villager who tried to leave the village, but failed?
4. What name does she believe to be her son's after she overhears the male Nurturer using it?
5. What is NOT one of the signs listed among the signs that Alys's health is declining?
(a) She walks very slowly.
(b) Her memory begins to fail her.
(c) She is increasingly bent over.
(d) Her eyesight dims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire's family's least favorite delivered meal?
2. At what age had Claire been selected as a Birthmother?
3. What kind of noise is made that summons everyone at the Fish Hatchery to the evening meal?
4. Claire and Sophia cannot go into the room housing the youngest Newchildren because what condition is not met?
5. What is the last fully formed memory that Claire has of her final moments in the community?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)