|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does the male Nurturer find out the name of Claire's infant son?
(a) In response to Claire's request.
(b) In response to a dream he had experienced.
(c) In hopes of making him more responsive.
(d) As the result of a whim.
2. How many Newchildren are allowed to be born each year within the community?
3. What adjective does the receptionist at the Nurturing Center use to describe Sophia?
4. What type of body of water borders the community in which Claire grows up?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A lake.
(c) A bay.
(d) A river.
5. What class had Claire and Sophia been in together at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does she believe to be her son's after she overhears the male Nurturer using it?
2. Why are the Vessels given blindfolds as they go into labor?
3. What information does Claire's nametag contain besides her name?
4. For what reason does Claire decide not to try to take her son out of the Nurturing Center during her second visit?
5. When Claire is at lunch and is surprised at her table mate's comment that going into labor causes pain, what word does she tell her table mate had been used within her instruction instead?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)