|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the male Nurturer give for not telling Claire her son's name?
(a) He says that it is too hard to pronounce.
(b) He says he would get in big trouble if he told anyone.
(c) He says that he has forgotten it.
(d) He says he does not want her to get attached.
2. Why do the children in the schoolyard gaze curiously at Claire when she is on her way to the Fish Hatchery?
(a) She is riding a tandem bicycle with no one in the second seat.
(b) She is riding a scooter and everyone else drives cars.
(c) She is walking and everyone else rides bicycles.
(d) She is riding a bicycle and everyone else walks.
3. When Sophia reluctantly agrees to give Claire a tour of the Nurturing Center, what time does she say is approaching?
(a) Feeding time.
(b) Alpha ray time.
(c) Nap time.
(d) Indoctrination time.
4. What skill does Dimitri explain is unique to humans?
5. What adjective does the receptionist at the Nurturing Center use to describe Sophia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the recurring dreams Claire has in which she is wearing a leather mask, she always weeps when what event occurs?
2. In the recurring dreams Claire has in which she is hiding her son, where does she keep him hidden?
3. Dimitri tells the Fish Hatchery workers that a healthy diet does not include what?
4. What name does she believe to be her son's after she overhears the male Nurturer using it?
5. How many Newchildren are allowed to be born each year within the community?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)