|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapters 1-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers call the act of leaving the village?
(a) Climbing out.
2. What reason does Claire give Alys for why her community had chosen to eradicate feelings of love in its citizens?
(a) Because they believed to do so would please Trademaster.
(b) Because they believed to do so fixed many ills.
(c) Because they believed to do so would make the citizens easier to control.
(d) Because they believed to do so would simplify everyone's lives.
3. When Jonas is skipped during the Twelves's part of the ceremony, the Chief Elder announces that Jonas is not being assigned, but is instead being what?
4. Into what inanimate object does Gabe veer in order to gain some boating experience?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A painting.
(c) A charcoal drawing.
(d) A photograph.
5. What quality of the villagers' discovery of Claire is one they have never experienced before?
(a) They have never seen a girl with red hair.
(b) They have never seen a girl with such pale skin.
(c) They have never seen a girl with blue eyes.
(d) No newcomer has ever appeared in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Newchildren are allowed to be born each year within the community?
2. One of the workers at the Fish Hatchery says that the only reason Dimitri wants a spouse is so that he can have what?
3. When Claire asks Jonas who Trademaster really is, what does Jonas say Trademaster is?
4. What does Einar NOT list among the actions his father had never taken in his raising of Einar?
5. What reason does Claire give for her son's lack of distress upon her departure?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)