|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Claire give for her son's lack of distress upon her departure?
(a) He knows she will be back.
(b) He has not formed attachments to anyone.
(c) He loves the male Nurturer.
(d) He knows his mother would never leave him permanently.
2. When a Newchild is showing signs of being ineligible for assignment, it is called a failure to do what?
(a) To pass muster.
(b) To succeed.
(c) To thrive.
(d) To live.
3. What assignments are announced during the Twelves's part of the Ceremony?
(a) Their job assignments.
(b) Their dwelling assignments.
(c) Their friendship assignments.
(d) Their future spouse assignments.
4. What excuse does the male Nurturer give when leaving work early on the last day Claire's son is at the Nurturing Center?
(a) He says he has a headache.
(b) He says he is sad about the child's coming murder.
(c) He says he has a feeling that his son Jonas needs him.
(d) He says he has a stomachache.
5. Sophia tells Claire that the best time for her to come back to see her at the Nurturing Center is during what time?
(a) Play time.
(b) Feeding time.
(c) Nap time.
(d) Indoctrination time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the right time determined for when each child in the community will begin to take pills?
2. What kind of noise is made that summons everyone at the Fish Hatchery to the evening meal?
3. Claire's older brother had been selected to work in what department within the community?
4. When Claire finds herself trying to analyze her own feelings for the very first time, what adjective does she use to describe the one emotion she has always felt?
5. At what meal does Claire first realize that every other worker is taking a pill besides her?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)