|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the recurring dreams Claire has in which she is wearing a leather mask, she always weeps when what event occurs?
(a) When she realizes she is no longer pregnant.
(b) Someone takes her son away from her.
(c) Someone kills her son.
(d) Someone puts her son in her arms.
2. How old is Claire when she gives birth to the Product?
3. What kind of noise is made that summons everyone at the Fish Hatchery to the evening meal?
(a) A buzzer.
(b) A sigh.
(c) A horn.
(d) A bell.
4. What is the process of birthing called in the community?
(a) The Task.
(b) The Blessed Event.
(c) The Happening.
(d) The Duty.
5. During what times does Claire take her walks in order to run into the male Nurturer with her son in tow?
(a) After breakfast and before the evening meal.
(b) During lunch and after the evening meal.
(c) At sunrise and at sunset.
(d) Before breakfast and after the evening meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the maximum number of Newchildren is reached for the year, there are no more born until after what event?
2. What excuse does the male Nurturer give when leaving work early on the last day Claire's son is at the Nurturing Center?
3. What is the name of the male Nurturer's daughter?
4. Why are the Vessels given blindfolds as they go into labor?
5. What is a behavior that Claire's son does NOT display during naptime at the Nurturing Center?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)