|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the recurring dreams Claire has in which she is hiding her son, where does she keep him hidden?
(a) In a treehouse.
(b) In a bird's nest.
(c) In a cupboard.
(d) In a drawer.
2. When a Newchild is showing signs of being ineligible for assignment, it is called a failure to do what?
(a) To thrive.
(b) To pass muster.
(c) To live.
(d) To succeed.
3. When Claire goes to the school to pick up the biology posters, what is the reason that there are no children in the school?
(a) It is a Saturday.
(b) They have all gone to their volunteer jobs.
(c) A fire drill is occurring.
(d) It is a Sunday.
4. What kind of noise is made that summons everyone at the Fish Hatchery to the evening meal?
(a) A sigh.
(b) A horn.
(c) A bell.
(d) A buzzer.
5. What reason does Claire give for her son's lack of distress upon her departure?
(a) He knows she will be back.
(b) He has not formed attachments to anyone.
(c) He loves the male Nurturer.
(d) He knows his mother would never leave him permanently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last fully formed memory that Claire has of her final moments in the community?
2. What assignments are announced during the Twelves's part of the Ceremony?
3. What is a behavior that Claire's son does NOT display during naptime at the Nurturing Center?
4. Claire decides that if someone in authority tries to force her to take pills, she will do what before she gives up the love she feels for her son?
5. What task does Marie perform on the boat?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)