Book One: Chapters 1-8
1. Why are the Vessels given blindfolds as they go into labor?
(a) So they will not see the faces of the midwives.
(b) So they will not see their own anatomy.
(c) So they can meditate throughout the birth.
(d) So they do not see their Products.
2. When Claire is at lunch and is surprised at her table mate's comment that going into labor causes pain, what word does she tell her table mate had been used within her instruction instead?
3. At what age had Claire been selected as a Birthmother?
4. Claire's older brother had been selected to work in what department within the community?
(a) The Department of Law and Justice.
(b) The Department of Labor.
(c) The Department of Finance.
(d) The Department of Transportation.
5. What type of body of water borders the community in which Claire grows up?
(a) A river.
(b) A lake.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A bay.
This section contains 5,470 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)