|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hank say wakes him up?
2. What crushes Hank's arm?
3. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
4. What does Draeger try to convince Hank to stop?
5. Where has Lee left the thermometer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
2. Why is Simone so happy?
3. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 7.
4. Why is Jenny tossing shells onto her bed?
5. What is Hank's reason for not putting an end to the strike?
6. How do Evenwrite and Draeger get to the Stamper's house?
7. What is Willard's mistress' plan to continue their relationship?
8. In what way has Simone changed in Chapter 10?
9. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
10. Describe Henry's time in the town.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the following statement: "The different points of view Kesey uses in the novel make it inaccessible to the average reader." Using two examples from the book, argue either for or against the statement.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Sometimes a Great Notion supports individuality over the community." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Kesey was a big part part of the counterculture. Using two examples from the novel, discuss the ways the story reflects Kesey's political ideas?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)