|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry doing outside when a storm hits?
(a) Securing the windows
(b) Securing the animals
(c) Escaping to town
(d) Shoring up the dams
2. What does Hank say is something to look forward to in the morning?
(a) Going home
(b) The lunch conversation
(c) Viv's lunches
(d) A beer
3. What does Lee think is taking shape?
(a) His revenge on Hank
(b) His novel
(c) His friendship with Viv
(d) His dissertation
4. About what do the dance members argue?
(a) Dance movements
(b) The best looking gal
(c) Who was the first president
5. What special day is it?
(d) Hank's birthday
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Viv and Hank first make love?
2. What are the townspeople meeting at the Snag to discuss?
3. What does Joe-Ben say that Lee and Viv are?
4. What depresses Jonas about Oregon?
5. What does Hank crush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prologue that opens Chapter 3.
2. Why is the town striking?
3. What does Lee describe in his narration in Chapter 6, Part 1?
4. What does Viv reflect upon on her walk to the shack?
5. What does Draeger see through the binoculars?
6. Describe the prologue that begins Chapter 2.
7. Describe the prologue that opens Chapter 4.
8. What does Jonas' note to Hank say?
9. What does Lee find out about Viv in this chapter?
10. What do the customers talk about at the Snag?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)