|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank get from the shed?
(a) A rifle
(d) A lawn mower
2. Where in town is Draeger directed?
(a) A bar
(b) The district attourney
(c) A bordello
(d) The police station
3. What do Hank, Lee and Joe-Ben kill?
(a) A deer
(b) A cow
(c) A stag
(d) A bear
4. What does Hank say is something to look forward to in the morning?
(a) A beer
(b) The lunch conversation
(c) Viv's lunches
(d) Going home
5. What is the name of the prostitute in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Hank had a fight?
2. With whom does Hank ride across the river?
3. In what country does Hank serve?
4. What depresses Jonas about Oregon?
5. Where do Viv and Hank first make love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonas become disillusioned with Oregon?
2. Why is Lee angry with Hank in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the prologue that begins Chapter 2.
4. What happens to the bobcats?
5. Why does Henry's relationship with Bobby break down?
6. Whose perspectives does the narrative move between as Viv, Lee and Henry wait at the shack?
7. How do Hank and Viv meet?
8. What does Viv reflect upon on her walk to the shack?
9. What happens when a postman tries to deliver a postcard?
10. What does Draeger see through the binoculars?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)