|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hank leave his sons to go to ____________.
(a) Los Angeles
(c) New York
2. What does Lee think is taking shape?
(a) His novel
(b) His revenge on Hank
(c) His dissertation
(d) His friendship with Viv
3. What has Indian Jenny received from the government?
(a) A birthday card
(b) Her social assistance check
(c) A refund
(d) An apartment
4. What can Henry hear in the distance?
(a) Hunting dogs
(c) A woodpecker
5. Who shouts Lee out of bed?
(a) Joe Ben
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the union representative?
2. What is Lee smoking?
3. What state are the Stampers from?
4. Which character does Joe-Ben not like?
5. What has Hank hung from the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are the Stampers restless?
2. What are the three main characters, Viv, Lee and Hank troubled with at breakfast?
3. Why is Lee angry with Hank in Chapter 5?
4. How do Hank and Viv meet?
5. Why is the town striking?
6. What does Lee find out about Viv in this chapter?
7. Describe the prologue that begins Chapter 2.
8. What does Lee tell his housemate on the phone?
9. Whose perspectives does the narrative move between as Viv, Lee and Henry wait at the shack?
10. Describe the prologue that opens the first chapter.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)