|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what kind of person does the prologue speak?
(a) A salesman
(b) A writer
(c) A hermit
(d) A tramp
2. With whom has Hank had a fight?
3. What do Hank, Lee and Joe-Ben kill?
(a) A deer
(b) A stag
(c) A cow
(d) A bear
4. What does Hank recall in the boat?
(a) An old girlfriend
(b) The bobcats
(c) His Uncle Ben
(d) His childhood
5. What is Henry doing outside when a storm hits?
(a) Securing the windows
(b) Shoring up the dams
(c) Escaping to town
(d) Securing the animals
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Evenwrite accuse the Stampers?
2. Who does Lee phone at the bus depot?
3. Who does Joe-Bob imagine is roaming the woods?
4. To whom is lee writing?
5. What happens to the bobcats?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the town talk differently about Viv?
2. Why is Lee angry with Hank in Chapter 5?
3. Whose perspectives does the narrative move between as Viv, Lee and Henry wait at the shack?
4. Why is the town striking?
5. What does Draeger see through the binoculars?
6. What does Lee think about on his way home?
7. How does Lee get Viv alone?
8. Describe the prologue that begins Chapter 2.
9. What does Lee describe in his narration in Chapter 6, Part 1?
10. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 6, Part .
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)