|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Evenwrite sitting and recalling his childhood?
(a) The Snag
(b) The bath
(c) A diner
(d) His bedroom
2. How much money will Lee get from Henry's death?
3. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
(a) organize a picket
(b) Kill Hank
(c) Leave town
(d) Kill himself
4. With whom does Willard have a secret affair?
(c) A prostitute
(d) A black mistress
5. What is Hank making it impossible for people in the town to do?
(a) Score drugs
(b) Set up families
(c) Have fun
(d) Make a living
6. Simone get a gift of __________.
(a) A dress
(b) A bible
(d) A pipe
7. Lee moves into _________.
(a) Indian Jenny's house
(b) A hotel
(c) The Snag
(d) Simone's house
8. What does Joe-Ben want to bag?
(a) A snake
(b) A deer
(c) A bear
(d) A goose
9. Who gets to the hospital before Hank?
(a) Boney Stokes
10. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
(a) With anger
(b) With shock
(c) With a laugh
(d) With a smile
11. Who does Willard's mistress plan to marry?
(a) A soldier
(b) A sailor
(c) A pilot
(d) A landowner
12. Of whom is Hank getting suspicious?
(b) Lee and Viv
(c) His whole family
(d) Drager and Evenwrite
13. What ends Lee and Viv's conversation?
(a) People shouting outside
(b) Hank's return
(c) A smashed window
(d) A storm
14. What special day is the day after the funeral?
(a) Christmas day
(d) New Years day
15. Why does Lee say everyone is happy?
(a) There is good food and drink
(b) It is Christmas
(c) Hank is prepared to sell the business
(d) They are all wealthy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's old school rival?
2. What does Hank say wakes him up?
3. Who does the tree trap in the rising tide?
4. What is the name of the character in the final prologue?
5. Where does Lee plan to head?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)