|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Evenwrite learn from his father?
(a) How to cook
(b) How to hunt
(c) How to drink
(d) The importance of a union
2. Why does Lee go into town with Henry?
(a) To see a doctor
(b) To talk
(c) To catch a bus
(d) To buy milk
3. Why does Lee say everyone is happy?
(a) It is Christmas
(b) They are all wealthy
(c) There is good food and drink
(d) Hank is prepared to sell the business
4. Simone get a gift of __________.
(b) A bible
(c) A dress
(d) A pipe
5. With whom does Willard have a secret affair?
(b) A black mistress
(d) A prostitute
6. What does Joe-Ben want to bag?
(a) A bear
(b) A snake
(c) A deer
(d) A goose
7. What crushes Hank's arm?
(a) A bear
(b) A truck
(c) A cement mixer
(d) A tree
8. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Gives it back to Lee
(b) Throws it away
(c) Breaks it
(d) Hides it
9. Evenwrite decide it is time for _________.
(a) A strike
(b) A picket
10. What is Jenny doing at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) Fortune telling
(d) Telling stories
11. What does Lee read in the hotel?
(a) Murder mysteries
12. What does Hank see in the window?
(a) His dead mother
(b) His reflection
13. What happens when Hank tries to talk to Henry?
(a) He laughs
(b) He ignores him
(c) He cries
(d) He falls asleep
14. What does Indian Jenny say will decide Henry's fate?
(a) The sun
(c) The stars
(d) The moon
15. Who is returning home at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lee plan to head?
2. What does Jenny toss onto her bed?
3. Who tells Henry that Joe-Ben is dead?
4. Who does the tree trap in the rising tide?
5. Lee moves into _________.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)