|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lee say everyone is happy?
(a) There is good food and drink
(b) Hank is prepared to sell the business
(c) It is Christmas
(d) They are all wealthy
2. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Hides it
(c) Breaks it
(d) Gives it back to Lee
3. What is Henry going to show Hank how to do?
(b) Cut trees
(d) Talk to women
4. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
(c) Bob cats
(d) The strike
5. What does Jenny toss onto her bed?
6. Who does Hank visit in the hospital?
7. What does Draeger try to convince Hank to stop?
8. Into what does the musician dunk his hands?
(a) Boiling water
(b) Hot fat
(c) A river of alligators
(d) A piranha tank
9. Of what does Hank say he has no sense?
10. Why does Lee go into town with Henry?
(a) To catch a bus
(b) To buy milk
(c) To talk
(d) To see a doctor
11. Why does Lee exaggerate the extent of his illness?
(a) To get more breakfast
(b) To get out of work
(c) To be alone with Viv
(d) To annoy Hank
12. What do the townspeople dread?
(b) Presidency elections
(c) The winter
(d) The major's visit
13. What did Evenwrite learn from his father?
(a) How to cook
(b) The importance of a union
(c) How to drink
(d) How to hunt
14. What does Hank say wakes him up?
(a) An aeroplane
(d) A nightmare
15. What kind of instrument does the musician at the Snag destroy?
(b) A bass
(c) A trumpet
(d) A guitar
Short Answer Questions
1. What are flying south for winter?
2. What does the fight end for Tommy?
3. What is the weather like on the night Hank and Newton fight?
4. What happens when Hank tries to talk to Henry?
5. What is the name of the Snag's bartender?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)