|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates the funeral?
2. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
(b) The strike
(d) Bob cats
3. Who does Henry banter with in the bar?
(b) Indian Jenny
4. What does Lee read in the hotel?
(b) Murder mysteries
5. Of what does Hank say he has no sense?
6. What does Jenny toss onto her bed?
7. Where does Lee plan to head?
8. Where does Stokes watch the funeral?
(a) On top of the hill
(b) The Snag
(c) From his balcony
(d) In the town hall
9. Evenwrite decide it is time for _________.
(b) A strike
(d) A picket
10. Why does Lee say everyone is happy?
(a) There is good food and drink
(b) Hank is prepared to sell the business
(c) It is Christmas
(d) They are all wealthy
11. What special day is the day after the funeral?
(b) New Years day
(d) Christmas day
12. What does Henry go into town to get?
13. Why does Lee go into town with Henry?
(a) To see a doctor
(b) To talk
(c) To catch a bus
(d) To buy milk
14. What happens when Hank tries to talk to Henry?
(a) He laughs
(b) He falls asleep
(c) He cries
(d) He ignores him
15. Who drives Hank and Lee home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank making it impossible for people in the town to do?
2. Where has Lee left the thermometer?
3. Where does Hank go after his visit to the hospital?
4. What do the townspeople dread?
5. What does Joe-Ben want to bag?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)