|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Hank and Lee home?
2. What kind of instrument does the musician at the Snag destroy?
(a) A guitar
(b) A trumpet
(c) A bass
3. What does the fight end for Tommy?
(a) His baseball season
(b) His football season
(c) His relationship with Viv
(d) His social position
4. On what day does the final chapter take place?
(b) Independence day
5. Where does Henry stop off to kill time?
(a) His parents house
(b) The bar
(c) The pool hall
(d) The town hall
6. Who does Willard's mistress plan to marry?
(a) A soldier
(b) A landowner
(c) A pilot
(d) A sailor
7. What does Lee receive from the nurse?
(b) Cough syrup
8. How does Joe-Ben drown?
(a) He talks
(b) He cries
(c) He screams
(d) He laughs
9. Where does Lee plan to head?
10. Who does Hank taunt at the Snag?
11. What are flying south for winter?
(b) Sea gulls
(c) Canadian geese
12. What does Lee read in the hotel?
(c) Murder mysteries
13. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Hides it
(b) Throws it away
(c) Breaks it
(d) Gives it back to Lee
14. What is the name of the boy Hank has a fight with at school?
15. With whom does Willard have a secret affair?
(a) A prostitute
(c) A black mistress
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rat trying to crack open?
2. What happens a day after the accident?
3. Which character does this chapter explore?
4. What does Joe-Ben want to bag?
5. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)