|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Evenwrite sitting and recalling his childhood?
(a) The Snag
(b) A diner
(c) His bedroom
(d) The bath
2. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
(a) Kill Hank
(b) organize a picket
(c) Kill himself
(d) Leave town
3. Into what does the musician dunk his hands?
(a) A piranha tank
(b) A river of alligators
(c) Boiling water
(d) Hot fat
4. Who does Hank taunt at the Snag?
5. What special day is the day after the funeral?
(b) Christmas day
(d) New Years day
6. Who does the tree trap in the rising tide?
7. To whom does Draeger suggest that Evenwrite talk?
8. Why does Lee exaggerate the extent of his illness?
(a) To get out of work
(b) To be alone with Viv
(c) To annoy Hank
(d) To get more breakfast
9. Who narrates the funeral?
10. Where does Joe-Ben go after he drops off his family?
(a) The bordello
(b) The Snag
(c) The church
(d) The town hall
11. How does Willard kill himself?
(a) He drives off an embankment
(b) He shoots himself
(c) He eats poison
(d) He drowns himself
12. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Hides it
(c) Gives it back to Lee
(d) Breaks it
13. What does Lee receive from the nurse?
(c) Cough syrup
14. On what day does the final chapter take place?
(a) Independence day
15. With whom does Willard have a secret affair?
(a) A prostitute
(d) A black mistress
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank making it impossible for people in the town to do?
2. How does Joe-Ben vent his excited energy?
3. What does Lee read in the hotel?
4. Of whom is Hank getting suspicious?
5. What does Hank drink at the Snag?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)