|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Breaks it
(c) Gives it back to Lee
(d) Hides it
2. What does Jenny want the shells to form?
(a) A witch
(b) A child
(c) A man
(d) A rabbit
3. What does Joe-Ben want to bag?
(a) A goose
(b) A deer
(c) A snake
(d) A bear
4. Who does Willard's mistress plan to marry?
(a) A landowner
(b) A sailor
(c) A soldier
(d) A pilot
5. Who does the tree trap in the rising tide?
6. What happens a day after the accident?
(a) Lee leaves
(b) Hank dies
(c) The strike ends
(d) The rain stops
7. Lee moves into _________.
(a) A hotel
(b) Indian Jenny's house
(c) The Snag
(d) Simone's house
8. Where does Stokes watch the funeral?
(a) On top of the hill
(b) From his balcony
(c) The Snag
(d) In the town hall
9. What is Hank making it impossible for people in the town to do?
(a) Have fun
(b) Set up families
(c) Score drugs
(d) Make a living
10. Simone get a gift of __________.
(a) A bible
(b) A dress
(c) A pipe
11. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
(a) Kill Hank
(b) Leave town
(c) organize a picket
(d) Kill himself
12. What is the name of the Snag's bartender?
13. At which character does Teddy marvel?
14. What is the name of the boy Hank has a fight with at school?
15. What does Hank want to be able to do?
(a) Roam the world
(b) Find his bob cats
(c) Fly like the geese
(d) Live on an empty island
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe-Ben plan to do at the town hall?
2. With whom does Willard have a secret affair?
3. What does Lee receive from the nurse?
4. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
5. What does Hank say wakes him up?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)