|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry going to show Hank how to do?
(b) Talk to women
(c) Cut trees
2. Where do the men go after their supper?
(a) The woods
(b) The town hall
(c) The Snag
(d) The shack
3. Where does Henry stop off to kill time?
(a) The bar
(b) The pool hall
(c) The town hall
(d) His parents house
4. What does Draeger try to convince Hank to stop?
5. What happens when Hank tries to talk to Henry?
(a) He laughs
(b) He falls asleep
(c) He ignores him
(d) He cries
6. What did Evenwrite learn from his father?
(a) How to hunt
(b) How to drink
(c) The importance of a union
(d) How to cook
7. What does Indian Jenny say will decide Henry's fate?
(b) The sun
(c) The stars
(d) The moon
8. Which character does this chapter explore?
(a) Jock Foreman
(b) Joseph Bullman
(c) Willard Eggleston
(d) Jack Bernard
9. Who does Hank visit in the hospital?
10. Who drives Hank and Lee home?
11. To whom does Draeger suggest that Evenwrite talk?
12. Evenwrite decide it is time for _________.
(b) A picket
(c) A strike
13. What do the men have for supper?
(b) Gravy and biscuits
14. Why does Lee say everyone is happy?
(a) There is good food and drink
(b) Hank is prepared to sell the business
(c) It is Christmas
(d) They are all wealthy
15. What do the townspeople dread?
(b) The major's visit
(c) Presidency elections
(d) The winter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe-Ben plan to do at the town hall?
2. Who is returning home at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What are flying south for winter?
4. Of what does Hank say he has no sense?
5. At which character does Teddy marvel?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)