|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
(c) Bob cats
(d) The strike
2. Who does Hank taunt at the Snag?
3. To whom does Draeger suggest that Evenwrite talk?
4. Where does Stokes watch the funeral?
(a) The Snag
(b) On top of the hill
(c) From his balcony
(d) In the town hall
5. Where does Joe-Ben go after he drops off his family?
(a) The town hall
(b) The church
(c) The bordello
(d) The Snag
6. On what day does the final chapter take place?
(d) Independence day
7. Into what does the musician dunk his hands?
(a) Hot fat
(b) A river of alligators
(c) A piranha tank
(d) Boiling water
8. What is the rat trying to crack open?
(a) A window
(b) A safe
(c) A monkey nut
(d) A walnut
9. Who does Hank visit in the hospital?
10. What tries to attack Draeger and Evenwrite?
(b) Bob cats
(c) A bear
11. What do the townspeople dread?
(a) Presidency elections
(c) The winter
(d) The major's visit
12. What is Jenny doing at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) Telling stories
(d) Fortune telling
13. Who gets to the hospital before Hank?
(c) Boney Stokes
14. Who does Willard's mistress plan to marry?
(a) A soldier
(b) A pilot
(c) A sailor
(d) A landowner
15. Which of the following does Willard own?
(a) The laundromat
(b) Stamper's Place
(c) The local farm
(d) The Snag
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of instrument does the musician at the Snag destroy?
2. Where is Evenwrite sitting and recalling his childhood?
3. What crushes Hank's arm?
4. Who does the tree trap in the rising tide?
5. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)