|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the union representative?
(a) Hubert Selby
(b) Floyd Evenwrite
(c) Dan Holeread
(d) Larry Barnes
2. Who does Evenwrite taunt when he reaches the shore?
3. Where in town is Draeger directed?
(a) The police station
(b) A bar
(c) The district attourney
(d) A bordello
4. Who are Viv, Henry and Lee meeting at the shack?
(a) Hank and Joe-Bob
(d) Lee's roommate
5. What does Joe-Ben say that Lee and Viv are?
6. Why is Lee going back to Oregon?
(a) To get a job
(b) To claim his inheritance
(c) To marry
(d) To find his family
7. Why are the rowdies going to attack Lee?
(a) Because he is not wearing a Halloween costume
(b) Because he once attacked them
(c) Because he is a student
(d) Because he is a Stamper
8. What is the name of Hank's wife?
(a) Viv Stamper
(b) Freda Stamper
(c) Joan Stamper
(d) Joanne Stamper
9. Who is the only woman in town about whom the people do not make sexual comments?
(a) Indian Jane
10. Where does Hank get the money to buy a motorcycle?
(a) His father
(b) The army
(c) He stole it
(d) The bank
11. Evenwrite drives away on ___________.
(a) A motor cycle
(b) A car
(c) A bus
(d) A boat
12. What does Hank recall in the boat?
(a) His childhood
(b) His Uncle Ben
(c) The bobcats
(d) An old girlfriend
13. About what do the dance members argue?
(a) The best looking gal
(b) Dance movements
(c) Who was the first president
14. For what does Indian Jenny use the pages of the Bible?
(a) To blow her nose
(b) Toilet paper
(c) Paper aeroplanes
(d) A board rubber
15. With whom does Hank ride across the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee arranges to accompany Viv to __________.
2. With whom has Hank had a fight?
3. What has Viv added to the boys' lunch boxes?
4. What does Viv make for them to drink?
5. What is the name of the prostitute in this chapter?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)