|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose suicide does Lee talk about?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His wife
(d) His mother
2. From what king of hangover is Viv suffering?
(a) An alcohol hangover
(b) A flirtation hangover
(c) An anger hangover
(d) A prozac hangover
3. What does Hank do to Lee when they meet?
(a) Kicks him
(b) Taunts him
(c) Hugs him
(d) Spits at him
4. What does Hank say is something to look forward to in the morning?
(a) Viv's lunches
(b) The lunch conversation
(c) Going home
(d) A beer
5. What is the name of the union representative?
(a) Hubert Selby
(b) Dan Holeread
(c) Larry Barnes
(d) Floyd Evenwrite
6. Who do the characters leave alone at the shack?
7. What does Hank get from the shed?
(a) A lawn mower
(d) A rifle
8. For whom is the group of men calling out?
9. What has Hank hung from the window?
(a) His brother
(b) A human arm
(c) A goat
(d) A chicken
10. What kind of business does Jonas have in Kansas?
(b) A Bar
11. What does Lee think he can exploit to hurt Hank?
(a) Hank and Viv's love for each other
(b) Hank's love for food
(c) Viv's need to care
(d) Hank's love for animals
12. What depresses Jonas about Oregon?
(a) The hate
(b) The overcrowding
(c) The dampness
(d) The lack of women
13. Why does the real estate man write on his house in soap?
(a) For decoration
(b) To ward off evil spirits
(c) For a joke
(d) So his house won't be soaped by Halloween spooks
14. What is the name of the main family?
(a) The Lockers
(b) The Stampers
(c) The Smiths
(d) The Delawares
15. What does Viv make for them to drink?
(c) Iced Tea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evenwrite say the union wants?
2. For what does Indian Jenny use the pages of the Bible?
3. What does Hank recall in the boat?
4. What is the postman delivering?
5. What is the name of the prostitute in this chapter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)