|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the real estate man write on his house in soap?
(a) So his house won't be soaped by Halloween spooks
(b) For decoration
(c) For a joke
(d) To ward off evil spirits
2. What is Lee smoking?
(b) Banana skins
3. To whom is lee writing?
(a) His roommate
(b) His girlfriend
(c) His father
(d) His mother
4. What kind of hangover does Lee have?
(a) A marijuana hangover
(b) An anger hangover
(c) A alcohol hangover
(d) A love hangover
5. What is the name of Hank's wife?
(a) Viv Stamper
(b) Joanne Stamper
(c) Freda Stamper
(d) Joan Stamper
6. What has Hank left for them?
(a) A bible
(b) A hermit
(d) Deer meat
7. Who do the characters leave alone at the shack?
8. What is the name of the town's bar?
(d) Lucky Parrot
9. Who is the only woman in town about whom the people do not make sexual comments?
(d) Indian Jane
10. From whose past does the author tell the story?
11. Who are Viv, Henry and Lee meeting at the shack?
(b) Hank and Joe-Bob
(d) Lee's roommate
12. What happens to the bobcats?
(a) They eat each other
(b) They starve
(c) They runaway
(d) They drown
13. What happens to the house as the postman delivers the postcard?
(a) A wall collapses.
(b) It explodes.
(c) The door falls off.
(d) Its roof blows off.
14. What does Viv show Draeger?
(a) Her handbag
(b) A photo album
(c) Her new clothes
(d) Her china
15. Where do Viv and Hank first make love?
(a) In a meadow
(b) In a pick up truck
(c) In a tree house
(d) On a boat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caressing Viv's neck?
2. What are the names of Jonas' other two sons?
3. What does Lee think is taking shape?
4. What is the postman delivering?
5. For whom is the group of men calling out?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)