Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Why? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1960's America.
1) Why were individuality and family such an important issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think America was going through a transitional phase in the 1960's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960's America?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Kesey use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion...
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)