• Draeger drives to the Stampers where a crowd stands outside.
• Evenwrite gives Draeger binoculars and Draeger sees a mutilated arm hanging out of the window with its middle finger extended.
• Draeger drives to the Snag bag to meet Viv Stamper.
• Hank Stamper recounts how his family arrives in Oregon. They are tired of traveling around America.
• Hank's father, Henry, married a much older woman and she gave birth to Hank.
• Hank's grandfather sends him a plaque with the words "never give an inch."
• Hank's mother dies and Henry remarries a woman called Myra. She gives birth to Leland.
• There are hints that Hank and Myra had an affair which Henry does not not know about, but Leland does.
• Lee leaves home and is gone for twelve years until he receives a post card from his Uncle Ben saying Henry is ill.
• At the Snag...
This section contains 1,888 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)