1. With whom is Jordan in bed at the opening of the book?
(a) Lady Catherine Harrington.
(b) Mary Ellen.
(c) No one.
(d) Alexandra Lawrence.
2. What is the special occasion of the day?
(a) Jordan's mother's birthday.
(b) Alexandra's birthday.
(c) Jordan's birthday.
(d) Mary Ellen's birthday.
3. Who does Jordan see coming out of some shrubbery?
(a) His mother.
(b) The chatelaine.
(c) His sister.
(d) His best friend.
4. Who comes out of the shrubbery after the first person?
(a) No one.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) Lord Harrington.
5. What does Jordan realize about his mother?
(a) She has a new lover.
(b) She is as beautiful as ever.
(c) She is getting confused.
(d) She is starting to look older.
6. What does Lady Harrington know about her husband?
(a) That he is about to be promoted.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he is to take a contingent of men to India.
(d) That he's sleeping with Jordan's mother.
7. What would not shock Jordan?
(a) His mother making Jordan go to Eton.
(b) Anything a woman does.
(c) His mother lying with a commoner.
(d) His mother leaving his father.
This section contains 5,617 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)