Essay Topic 1
Something Wonderful is an historical romance. Discuss the following:
1. Define the word "genre" in the context of literary criticism.
2. Why do you think fiction is categorized by genre?
3. Does it help to know how a book is categorized as to its genre before reading it? Explain.
4. Modern historical romance is often considered inferior to what are considered "the classics." Why do you think this is so? Do you believe a book such as Something Wonderful is inferior to something such as A Tale of Two Cities? Explain.
5. What is your favorite genre and why.
Essay Topic 2
Something Wonderful takes place in and about London, England in the early 1800s. Discuss the following:
1. Research and discuss the political and cultural setting of Europe in the early 1800s. How do you think the cultural milieu informs the plot of Something Wonderful? Explain.
2. Discuss the lives of Jordan and...
This section contains 2,457 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)