|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
2. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
3. Who does Mr. Dark introduce as the bullet catcher?
4. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
5. Where does Mr. Dark hide the boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think people's memories of their past are accurate? Why do you think Bradbury represents past memories as potentially dangerous? Why do so many characters in the book find it so difficult to move away from their past?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Bradbury's dialogue contribute to the following areas;
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)