|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Will and his father use to climb into his bedroom?
2. What store do Will and Jim hide near?
3. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
4. What do Jim and Will see above them?
5. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
2. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
3. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
4. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
5. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
6. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
7. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
8. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
9. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
10. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
How does the carnival play on people's fears and desires? Why does Bradbury suggest that fulfilling your deepest desires can be dangerous? Do you think the characters could fulfill their desires in other ways? How do you think the characters could face up to their fears?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bradbury's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)