|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
2. What does Will tell his father?
3. What does Jim ask if the carnival buys?
4. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
5. Who comes to the library in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
2. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
3. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
4. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
5. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
6. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
7. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
8. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
9. What happens at the end of the chapter?
10. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Bradbury's dialogue contribute to the following areas;
Essay Topic 2
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES is part of the horror genre.
1) What are the conventions of the horror genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way does SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bradbury use symbolism in the novel? Why does think Bradbury uses so much symbolism? Could Bradbury be accused of overusing symbolism?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)