|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Dark stop Mr. Halloway?
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
3. How does Mr. Halloway want the witch to kill him?
4. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
5. What does Will throw at the witch's balloon?
Essay Topic 1
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
Examine good and evil in the novel.
1) In what way does Jim represent neither good nor bad in the novel? How does this result in a power struggle between the carnival and Jim's friend, Will?
2) What does say about Bradbury's ideas that God and religion does not seem to hurt Mr. Dark?
3) What is Bradbury's definition of evil?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bradbury use symbolism in the novel? Why does think Bradbury uses so much symbolism? Could Bradbury be accused of overusing symbolism?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)