|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
3. Who does the boy say is after him?
4. Who does Mr. Halloway say Mr. Dark is afraid of?
5. Where is Charles Halloway in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
2. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
3. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
4. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
5. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
6. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
7. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
8. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
9. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
10. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the differences between Jim and Will.
1) What are the main differences between Will and Jim? Why do they stay friends when they are so many differences between them?
2) How do you think both Will and Jim will grow up? Why or why not would their friendship continue into adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
How does Bradbury use symbolism in the novel? Why does think Bradbury uses so much symbolism? Could Bradbury be accused of overusing symbolism?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)