Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
3. What do Jim and Will see above them?
4. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
5. Where are Mrs. Nightshade and Mrs. Halloway walking back from?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think people's memories of their past are accurate? Why do you think Bradbury represents past memories as potentially dangerous? Why do so many characters in the book find it so difficult to move away from their past?
Essay Topic 2
Examine good and evil in the novel.
1) In what way does Jim represent neither good nor bad in the novel? How does this result in a power struggle between the carnival and Jim's friend, Will?
2) What does say about Bradbury's ideas that God and religion does not seem to hurt Mr. Dark?
3) What is Bradbury's definition of evil?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Bradbury use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Bradbury uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)