|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Mr. Halloway play?
2. What book does Mr. Halloway threaten Mr Dark with?
3. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
4. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
5. How does Mr. Halloway stop the witch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
2. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
3. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
4. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
5. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
6. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
7. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
8. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
9. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
10. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES is part of the horror genre.
1) What are the conventions of the horror genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way does SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Bradbury writes SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in the third person. Why do you think Bradbury chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Bradbury wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)