|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark say he will make Jim into?
2. How does Mr. Dark stop Mr. Halloway?
3. Where does Will warn his father not to go?
4. Whose house do Will and Jim go to in Jim's dream?
5. What does Will throw at the witch's balloon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
2. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
3. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
4. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
5. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
6. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
7. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
8. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
9. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
10. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bradbury writes SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in the third person. Why do you think Bradbury chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Bradbury wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Bradbury use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)