Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
3. What do Jim and Will see above them?
4. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
5. Where are Mrs. Nightshade and Mrs. Halloway walking back from?
Discuss Bradbury's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Bradbury's characters often have names that describe their character. Choose one of the following names in the novel and talk about what the name says about that person or setting:
1) Jim Nightshade.
2) Green town
3) Jim Fury
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Bradbury use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Bradbury uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)