|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 48?
2. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
3. What wakes Jim up from the dead?
4. Where are Mrs. Nightshade and Mrs. Halloway walking back from?
5. Where does Mr. Dark hide the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
2. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
3. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
4. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
5. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
6. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
7. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
8. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
9. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
10. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Bradbury express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)