|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
2. Who does Mr. Dark tell the boys to smile at?
3. How does Mr. Dark stop Mr. Halloway?
4. What disappears on the young boy's body?
5. Who is inside the balloon's basket?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bradbury's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Bradbury's characters often have names that describe their character. Choose one of the following names in the novel and talk about what the name says about that person or setting:
1) Jim Nightshade.
2) Green town
3) Jim Fury
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bradbury's representation of carnival people and their lives.
1) How are carnival people's lives and beliefs different from average people's beliefs?
2) Why does Bradbury represent carnival people as evil?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)