|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Will's body ages?
2. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
3. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
4. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
5. What does Will tell his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
2. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
3. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
4. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
5. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
6. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
7. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
8. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
9. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
10. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Bradbury use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bradbury use symbolism in the novel? Why does think Bradbury uses so much symbolism? Could Bradbury be accused of overusing symbolism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Bradbury express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)