|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 31?
2. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
3. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
4. Who does Mr. Halloway say wants sadness?
5. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
2. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
3. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
4. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
5. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
6. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
7. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
8. What happens at the end of the chapter?
9. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
10. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bradbury's writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Bradbury's style give to the story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)