|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
2. What does Will tell his father?
3. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
4. Who is the only person that goes to the carnival in the morning?
5. What disappears on the young boy's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
2. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
3. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
4. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
5. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
6. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
7. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
8. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
9. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
10. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES is part of the horror genre.
1) What are the conventions of the horror genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way does SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the differences between Jim and Will.
1) What are the main differences between Will and Jim? Why do they stay friends when they are so many differences between them?
2) How do you think both Will and Jim will grow up? Why or why not would their friendship continue into adulthood?
Essay Topic 3
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)