|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the boys call in Chapter 24?
2. What does the boy throw over Jim and Will?
3. What have Jim and Will nailed into the ivy?
4. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
5. What does the boy invite Will and Jim to stay for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
2. How do Jim and Will react differently to meeting Robert?
3. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
4. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
5. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
6. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
7. How do Will and Jim react when the salesman tells them the storm will hit Jim's house?
8. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
9. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
10. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
Essay Topic 1
How does the carnival play on people's fears and desires? Why does Bradbury suggest that fulfilling your deepest desires can be dangerous? Do you think the characters could fulfill their desires in other ways? How do you think the characters could face up to their fears?
Essay Topic 2
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bradbury's representation of carnival people and their lives.
1) How are carnival people's lives and beliefs different from average people's beliefs?
2) Why does Bradbury represent carnival people as evil?
This section contains 1,472 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)