|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark give Will and Jim?
2. What does Jim tell Will he wants to see?
3. Where does the train stop?
4. What do Jim and Will see flying above the train?
5. What state is Green Town in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
2. What strange things happen as Jim and Will walk through town?
3. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
4. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
5. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window on the way back from work?
6. How do Will and Jim react when the salesman tells them the storm will hit Jim's house?
7. What is strange about the carousel?
8. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
9. What does Miss Foley say she saw in the Mirror Maze?
10. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES is part of the horror genre.
1) What are the conventions of the horror genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way does SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bradbury's representation of carnival people and their lives.
1) How are carnival people's lives and beliefs different from average people's beliefs?
2) Why does Bradbury represent carnival people as evil?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Bradbury's dialogue contribute to the following areas;
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)