|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charles Halloway when he sees Jim and Will run by?
2. What happens to the merry-go-round when Will flicks the switch?
3. Who does Jim's mother say Jim looks like?
4. Where do the two boys go after supper?
5. Where does Will find Jim when he disappears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim want to go back to the carousel?
2. What does Mr. Halloway think is the difference between Jim and Will?
3. How do Will and Jim turn Mr. Cooger into a 130-year-old man?
4. What are Jim and Will's feelings about the Mirror Maze?
5. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
6. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
7. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
8. What does Miss Foley think about the mirrors in her house?
9. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
10. What is Mr Dark's new act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think people's memories of their past are accurate? Why do you think Bradbury represents past memories as potentially dangerous? Why do so many characters in the book find it so difficult to move away from their past?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES greatly influenced modern horror. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)