Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
2. What happens when Mr. Dark turns on the electric chair?
3. What disappointing thing happens to children in September?
4. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
5. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
2. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
3. What is Mr Dark's new act?
4. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
5. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
6. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
7. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
8. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
9. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
10. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Choose one of the following and examine how the carnival tries to take advantage of his/her fears?
1) Jim Nightshade
2) Charles Halloway
3) Miss Foley
Examine good and evil in the novel.
1) In what way does Jim represent neither good nor bad in the novel? How does this result in a power struggle between the carnival and Jim's friend, Will?
2) What does say about Bradbury's ideas that God and religion does not seem to hurt Mr. Dark?
3) What is Bradbury's definition of evil?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)