|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the boy yell for?
2. What celebration is happening in a week's time?
3. Who does the man in the suit introduce himself as?
4. Where does Will go when Jim gives him his books?
5. What does Tom Fury help people do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
2. What wakes up Jim and Will during the night?
3. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
4. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
5. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
6. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
7. What happens at the end of the chapter?
8. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
9. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
10. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the differences between Jim and Will.
1) What are the main differences between Will and Jim? Why do they stay friends when they are so many differences between them?
2) How do you think both Will and Jim will grow up? Why or why not would their friendship continue into adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
In 1983 SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES was made into a film starring Jason Robards. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 25 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Bradbury express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 1,531 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)