|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the boy and Miss Foley going after dinner?
2. What does Mr. Halloway think Jim will do when he sees the blows?
3. What does Jim tell Will he wants to see?
4. What is the name of the lightning rod salesman?
5. What does Jim ask Will to hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
2. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
3. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
4. What story do Will and Jim tell the lightning rod salesman?
5. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
6. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
7. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
8. What does the lightning rod look like?
9. What disappoints the boys about the carnival the next day?
10. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bradbury writes SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in the third person. Why do you think Bradbury chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Bradbury wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the differences between Jim and Will.
1) What are the main differences between Will and Jim? Why do they stay friends when they are so many differences between them?
2) How do you think both Will and Jim will grow up? Why or why not would their friendship continue into adulthood?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Bradbury use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)