|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will hear his father burn?
2. What state is Green Town in?
3. Where do Will and Jim find the 12-year-old boy?
4. What does Halloway think women are?
5. What is James' surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway say about white hat and black hat books?
2. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
3. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
4. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window on the way back from work?
5. How do Jim and Will react differently to watching the Theater?
6. What does the lightning rod salesman think about the woman he sees in the shop window?
7. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
8. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
9. How do Jim and Will react differently to the carnival poster?
10. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Bradbury use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Bradbury uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Bradbury's dialogue contribute to the following areas;
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Bradbury use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)