|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people see through the window of the fifth house?
2. What have Jim and Will nailed into the ivy?
3. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
4. Who does the dwarf look like?
5. Where do Will and Jim chase the boy to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
2. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
3. What does Miss Foley say she saw in the Mirror Maze?
4. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
5. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
6. What disappoints the boys about the carnival the next day?
7. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
8. What are Jim and Will's feelings about the Mirror Maze?
9. What does the customer talk to Mr. Halloway about when he enters the bar?
10. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the differences between Jim and Will.
1) What are the main differences between Will and Jim? Why do they stay friends when they are so many differences between them?
2) How do you think both Will and Jim will grow up? Why or why not would their friendship continue into adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
How does the carnival play on people's fears and desires? Why does Bradbury suggest that fulfilling your deepest desires can be dangerous? Do you think the characters could fulfill their desires in other ways? How do you think the characters could face up to their fears?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Bradbury use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)