|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the dwarf look like?
2. Why does Jim want Will to leave?
3. Where do Will and Jim chase the boy to?
4. What does the boy invite Will and Jim to stay for?
5. What does Tom Fury help people do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
2. What story do Will and Jim tell the lightning rod salesman?
3. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
4. What does Mr. Halloway think is the difference between Jim and Will?
5. Why do the boys think it is strange that the lightning rod salesman has left his bag?
6. What does Miss Foley say she saw in the Mirror Maze?
7. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
8. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window on the way back from work?
9. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
10. What does the lightning rod look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bradbury's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine good and evil in the novel.
1) In what way does Jim represent neither good nor bad in the novel? How does this result in a power struggle between the carnival and Jim's friend, Will?
2) What does say about Bradbury's ideas that God and religion does not seem to hurt Mr. Dark?
3) What is Bradbury's definition of evil?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)