|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
2. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
3. Where does the train stop?
4. What celebration is happening in a week's time?
5. What does Will hear his father burn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Will and Jim turn Mr. Cooger into a 130-year-old man?
2. How do Jim and Will react differently to watching the Theater?
3. What disappoints the boys about the carnival the next day?
4. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
5. What is Mr Dark's new act?
6. What wakes up Jim and Will during the night?
7. What strange things happen as Jim and Will walk through town?
8. How do Will and Jim react when the salesman tells them the storm will hit Jim's house?
9. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
10. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bradbury's characters often have names that describe their character. Choose one of the following names in the novel and talk about what the name says about that person or setting:
1) Jim Nightshade.
2) Green town
3) Jim Fury
Essay Topic 2
Do you think people's memories of their past are accurate? Why do you think Bradbury represents past memories as potentially dangerous? Why do so many characters in the book find it so difficult to move away from their past?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)