|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
2. Where do Will and Jim chase the boy to?
3. Why are Will and Jim surprised by the carnival?
4. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
5. What is Mr. Dark's arm covered in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Will and Jim react when the salesman tells them the storm will hit Jim's house?
2. What does Miss Foley say she saw in the Mirror Maze?
3. What is Mr Dark's new act?
4. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
5. How do Jim and Will react differently to meeting Robert?
6. What does Mr. Halloway say about white hat and black hat books?
7. What is strange about the carousel?
8. What wakes up Jim and Will during the night?
9. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
10. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bradbury's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)