|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
(a) The books
(b) The No Smoking sign
(c) A painting
(d) A religious cross
2. Who are the freaks bringing to the carousel?
(a) The Witch
(c) Mr. Dark
(d) Mr. Electrico
3. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
(b) Pretend to sleep
(c) Answer the door
(d) Arm themselves
4. What does Mr. Dark say the Witch can do to Mr. Halloway?
(a) Turn him into a frog
(b) Snap his neck
(c) Boil his blood
(d) Stop his heart
5. What does Mr. Halloway say Dark and Coogar thrive on?
(d) Ill health
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. Who does Mr. Halloway say wants sadness?
3. What disappears on the young boy's body?
4. What does Mr. Dark say he will make Jim into?
5. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
2. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
3. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
4. What happens at the end of the chapter?
5. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
6. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
7. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
8. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
9. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
10. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)