|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halloway tell the boys about at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) His life
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His marriage
2. What does the carnival look for?
(a) Happy people
(b) Religious people
(c) Evil people
(d) People in despair
3. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
(a) A fun fair ride
(b) A step to hell
(d) A festival
4. Where is Charles Halloway in Chapter 37?
(b) The saloon
(c) The library
(d) The carnival
5. How far do Will and Jim travel on the carousel together?
(a) A full circle
(b) A quarter of a circle
(c) Two circles
(d) Half a circle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
2. What do Jim and Will see above them?
3. Who does Mr. Dark introduce as the bullet catcher?
4. Who dies in Chapter 48?
5. What does Mr. Halloway say Dark and Coogar thrive on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
3. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
4. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
5. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
6. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
7. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
8. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
9. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
10. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)