|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
(a) Answer the door
(b) Pretend to sleep
(d) Arm themselves
2. Who does Mr. Halloway say Mr. Dark is afraid of?
(d) Mr. Coogar
3. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
4. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
(a) He is staying at Jim's house
(b) He is not coming home that night
(c) He is in big trouble
(d) He is moving to another town
5. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) The Dust Witch
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) The Dwarf
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
3. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
4. What part of Will's body ages?
5. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
2. What happens at the end of the chapter?
3. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
4. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
5. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
6. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
7. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
8. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
9. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
10. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)