|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store do Will and Jim hide near?
(a) The Green Store
(b) The barber shop
(c) Tetley's Teashop
(d) The United Cigar Store
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
(a) Slaps him
(b) Kicks him
(c) Spits at him
(d) Laughs at him
3. Who does the boy say is after him?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) The Drawf
(d) Miss Foley
4. How does Mr. Halloway stop the witch?
(a) He sings
(b) He laughs
(c) He says the magic word
(d) He stares in her eyes
5. How does Mr. Halloway shatter the mirrors?
(a) He screams
(b) He spits at them
(c) He kicks them
(d) He laughs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim have a dream about?
2. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
3. What is the name of Mr. Dark's new act?
4. How does Mr. Halloway want the witch to kill him?
5. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
2. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
3. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
4. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
5. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
6. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
7. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
8. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
9. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
10. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)