|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Dark say he took for a ride on the carousel?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) Mrs. Halloway
(c) Mr. Fury
(d) Mr. Tetley
2. Whose house do Will and Jim go to in Jim's dream?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) Mr. Dark's
(d) Mr. Tetley's
3. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
(a) A step to hell
(c) A festival
(d) A fun fair ride
4. Who dies in Chapter 48?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) The Witch
(c) Mr. Halloway
(d) Miss Foley
5. What is the name of Mr. Dark's new act?
(a) The Bullet Rain
(b) Faster than a Bullet
(c) The Bullet Trick
(d) Bullet Boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the door?
2. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
3. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
4. Where does Mr. Dark hide the boys?
5. What is the weather in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
2. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
3. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
4. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
5. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
6. What happens at the end of the chapter?
7. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
8. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
9. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
10. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)