|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway shatter the mirrors?
(a) He laughs
(b) He spits at them
(c) He kicks them
(d) He screams
2. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
(a) The carousel
(b) Funeral music
3. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
(a) Evil spirits
(b) Carnival folklore
(c) The afterlife
(d) Coogar and Dark's carnival
4. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
(a) Pretend to sleep
(b) Arm themselves
(c) Answer the door
5. How far do Will and Jim travel on the carousel together?
(a) Two circles
(b) Half a circle
(c) A full circle
(d) A quarter of a circle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
2. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
3. Who is inside the balloon's basket?
4. Who dies in Chapter 48?
5. What disappears on the young boy's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
2. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
3. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
4. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
5. What happens at the end of the chapter?
6. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
7. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
8. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
9. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
10. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)