|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
(a) Funeral music
(b) The carousel
2. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
3. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
(a) In the library doorway
(b) Into a garbage can
(c) In the Mirror Maze
(d) Into the iron grille
4. Who is at the door?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Miss Foley
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) Mr. Tetley
5. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
2. Who comes to the library in Chapter 38?
3. Who does Will phone in Chapter 33?
4. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
5. What do Will and his father use to climb into his bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
2. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
3. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
4. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
5. What happens at the end of the chapter?
6. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
7. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
8. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
9. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
10. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)