|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Will see above them?
(a) A balloon
(b) An eagle
(c) A bat
(d) A helicopter
2. Who does Mr. Halloway say wants sadness?
(a) Soulless people
(b) Evil people
(c) Carnival people
(d) Sad people
3. Who comes to the library in Chapter 38?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Dust Witch
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) Will and Jim
4. What does Jim ask if the carnival buys?
5. Who does Mr. Dark tell the boys to smile at?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) The Drawf
(c) Mr. Tetley
(d) The Dust Witch
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will warn his father not to go?
2. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
3. How does Mr. Halloway want the witch to kill him?
4. What does Will try to do to stop the mirror images?
5. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
2. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
3. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
4. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
5. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
6. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
7. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
8. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
9. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
10. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)