|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
(a) The Mirror Maze
(b) The Big Wheel
(c) The carnival train
(d) The carousel
2. How does Mr. Halloway stop the witch?
(a) He stares in her eyes
(b) He sings
(c) He laughs
(d) He says the magic word
3. Where are Mrs. Nightshade and Mrs. Halloway walking back from?
(a) The grocer's shop
(b) The church
(c) The river
(d) The carnival
4. Who does the boy say is after him?
(a) The Drawf
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) Mr. Dark
(d) Miss Foley
5. What is the weather in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house do Will and Jim go to in Jim's dream?
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
3. Who does Jim have a dream about?
4. Who does Mr. Halloway say Mr. Dark is afraid of?
5. Who dies in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
2. What do Will and Jim see outside their windows?
3. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
4. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
5. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
6. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
7. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
8. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
9. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
10. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)