|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Dark introduce as the bullet catcher?
(a) The Drawf
(b) Mr Coogar
(d) The Witch
2. What store do Will and Jim hide near?
(a) Tetley's Teashop
(b) The United Cigar Store
(c) The Green Store
(d) The barber shop
3. Who does Mr. Halloway say wants sadness?
(a) Evil people
(b) Sad people
(c) Soulless people
(d) Carnival people
4. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
(a) The No Smoking sign
(b) A religious cross
(c) The books
(d) A painting
5. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
(a) Coogar and Dark's carnival
(b) Carnival folklore
(c) Evil spirits
(d) The afterlife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charles Halloway in Chapter 37?
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
3. Who does Mr. Dark tell the boys to smile at?
4. What is the Dust Witch made of?
5. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Dark find the boys hiding place?
2. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
3. How does Mr. Halloway break the mirrors in the Mirror Maze?
4. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
5. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
6. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
7. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
8. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
9. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
10. What does Mr. Halloway draw on the bullet?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)