|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
(a) In the library doorway
(b) In the Mirror Maze
(c) Into the iron grille
(d) Into a garbage can
2. What does Will throw at the witch's balloon?
(a) A marble
(b) A stone
(c) A dart
(d) An arrow
3. Who does Mr. Dark want to turn Mr. Electrico back into?
(a) Mr. Tetley
(b) Mr. Fury
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) Mr. Halloway
4. How does Mr. Dark stop Mr. Halloway?
(a) He crushes his hand
(b) He slaps his cheek
(c) He spits in his face
(d) He kicks him in the groin
5. What makes Mr. Halloway laugh?
(a) The witch's warts
(b) The witch's smile
(c) The witch tickling him
(d) The witch's holey tights
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim see in the Mirror Maze?
2. What wakes Jim up from the dead?
3. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
4. What does Halloway tell the boys about at the end of Chapter 38?
5. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
2. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
3. How does Mr. Halloway get the crowd on his side?
4. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
5. What does Mr. Halloway tell Will about being good?
6. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
7. What happens at the end of the chapter?
8. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
9. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
10. What does Mr. Halloway research at the library?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)