|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Will see above them?
(a) A helicopter
(b) An eagle
(c) A balloon
(d) A bat
2. Who are the freaks bringing to the carousel?
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Electrico
(d) The Witch
3. Who dies in Chapter 48?
(a) The Witch
(b) Mr. Halloway
(c) Miss Foley
(d) Mr. Coogar
4. What part of Will's body ages?
(a) His hand
(b) His left leg
(c) His hair
(d) His little finger
5. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
(a) An iron grille
(b) A bush
(c) A bus shelter
(d) A tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Mr. Halloway play?
2. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
3. What does Mr. Dark say the Witch can do to Mr. Halloway?
4. Who comes to the library in Chapter 38?
5. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
2. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
3. How does Will destroy the witch's balloon?
4. What does Mr. Halloway think is the carnival's method?
5. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
6. What role does the witch play in Chapter 43?
7. How does Will get Jim off the carousel?
8. How do Will and his father wake up Jim?
9. What happens when Mr. Halloway shoots the witch?
10. How do Will and Jim react when they see Mr. Tetley during the parade?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)