|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim ask Will to hold?
(a) His books
(b) His magazines
(c) His drink
(d) His bag
2. What do the carnival people set up in the fields?
(d) Totem poles
3. What does Mr. Fury do when the shop door opens by itself?
(a) Steps inside the shop
(b) Breaks the shop window
(c) Runs away
4. Who does Jim want to apologize to?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Miss Foley
(c) The police
(d) Mr. Coogar
5. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
(a) Mr. Livewire
(b) Mr. Sizzle
(c) Mr. Buzz
(d) Mr. Electrico
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Will and Jim chase the boy to?
2. What color hair does Mr. Coogar have?
3. What is the name of Jim and Will's town?
4. Who does Will say is dead?
5. What does the boy throw over Jim and Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
2. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
3. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
4. What does the lightning rod salesman think about the woman he sees in the shop window?
5. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
6. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
7. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
8. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
9. What wakes up Jim and Will during the night?
10. What does Mr. Halloway think is the difference between Jim and Will?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)