|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halloway think women are?
2. What does Mr. Halloway see a sculpture of in the window?
(a) A woman
(b) A drawf
(c) An eagle
(d) A dinosaur
3. Who does Chapter 3 focus on?
(a) Mr. Dark
(d) Charles Halloway
4. What does Will hear his father burn?
(a) A newspaper
(b) A handbill
(c) A dollar note
(d) A book
5. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
(a) Do not enter
(b) Help yourself
(c) Enter at your own risk
(d) Out of order
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim's mother want Jim to do before he leaves her?
2. What does the sign advertise?
3. Who thinks about their lives at three in the morning?
4. Who does Miss Foley telephone?
5. What disappointing thing happens to children in September?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lightning rod look like?
2. How do Will and Jim react when the salesman tells them the storm will hit Jim's house?
3. What story do Will and Jim tell the lightning rod salesman?
4. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
5. Why does Jim want to go back to the carousel?
6. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
7. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
8. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
9. How do Will and Jim turn Mr. Cooger into a 130-year-old man?
10. What does the lightning rod salesman think about the woman he sees in the shop window?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)