|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
2. Where does Will go when Jim gives him his books?
(a) The library
(b) A cafe
(c) A saloon
3. What do Jim and Will usually use to communicate to each other during the night?
(a) Walkie talkies
(b) A boardwalk
(c) Owl hoots
4. Where are the boy and Miss Foley going after dinner?
(a) Will's house
(b) The carnival
(c) The saloon
(d) The library
5. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
(a) A leather bag
(b) A suitcase
(c) A football
(d) A dead body
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do when Jim spits in his face?
2. Who does the author describe as being marbled with dark?
3. What is Charles Halloway's job at the library?
4. What have Jim and Will nailed into the ivy?
5. Who gets off the train first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
2. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
3. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
4. How do Jim and Will react differently to meeting Robert?
5. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
6. What are Jim and Will's feelings about the Mirror Maze?
7. How do Jim and Will react differently to watching the Theater?
8. Why do the boys think it is strange that the lightning rod salesman has left his bag?
9. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window on the way back from work?
10. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)