|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jim and Will hear talking?
(a) Miss Foley and Mr. Halloway
(b) Mr. Dark and Mr. Coogar
(c) Mr. Coogar and Mr. Tetley
(d) Miss Foley and Mr. Coogar
2. What remains where the lady in ice once was?
(a) A pool of water
(b) A knife
(c) A cigar
(d) Her foot
3. Who does the bag belong to?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) Mr. Halloway
(c) Mr. Tetley
(d) Mr. Fury
4. What does the boy throw over Jim and Will?
5. What does Will hear his father burn?
(a) A newspaper
(b) A handbill
(c) A dollar note
(d) A book
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Mr. Crosetti run?
2. What kind of month does the author say October is for boys?
3. What does Jim tell Will he wants to see?
4. Who does Will say is dead?
5. What happens to the merry-go-round when Will flicks the switch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr Dark's new act?
2. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
3. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
4. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
5. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
6. What wakes up Jim and Will during the night?
7. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
8. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
9. What does Mr. Halloway think is the difference between Jim and Will?
10. What does the lightning rod look like?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)