|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will hear his father burn?
(a) A handbill
(b) A dollar note
(c) A book
(d) A newspaper
2. What great thing happens to children in June?
(a) Baseball season starts
(b) The rain stops
(c) The sun comes out
(d) The summer begins
3. Who is Miss Foley searching for?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her nephew
(c) Her sister
(d) Her boyfriend
4. What does Mr. Halloway say men despair at?
5. What kind of business does Mr. Crosetti run?
(a) A local newspaper
(b) Barber shop
(c) A book shop
(d) A cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Foley telephone?
2. What is the man's suit made out of?
3. What month does the novel begin in?
4. What does Will think being good involves?
5. What does Jim say his name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jim and Will react differently to the carnival poster?
2. How does Jim react when he enters the Mirror Maze?
3. How do Will and Jim react when the salesman tells them the storm will hit Jim's house?
4. Why do the boys think it is strange that the lightning rod salesman has left his bag?
5. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
6. How do Jim and Will react differently to meeting Robert?
7. What disappoints the boys about the carnival the next day?
8. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
9. What is strange about the carousel?
10. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)