|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Funeral March?
2. Where does Miss Foley want to meet Mr. Halloway?
(a) The museum
(b) The police station
(c) The library
(d) The carnival
3. Who does Miss Foley think the 12-year-old boy is?
(a) Her sweetheart
(b) Her brother
(c) Her son
(d) Her nephew
4. Where does Will go when Jim gives him his books?
(a) The library
(b) A cafe
(d) A saloon
5. Who is Miss Foley searching for?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her nephew
(d) Her boyfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the piece of paper advertise?
2. What do Jim and Will see flying above the train?
3. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
4. What is Mr. Coogar strapped into?
5. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the customer talk to Mr. Halloway about when he enters the bar?
2. What is Mr Dark's new act?
3. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
5. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
6. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
7. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
8. Why do the boys think it is strange that the lightning rod salesman has left his bag?
9. What does Mr. Halloway say about white hat and black hat books?
10. What is strange about the carousel?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)