|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William's surname?
2. What does Jim favor over talking?
(b) Running away
3. What does Jim decide to take off the roof of his house?
(a) The lightning rod
(b) The wind sock
(c) The radio aerial
(d) The TV aerial
4. Who does the boy yell for?
(a) The police
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Miss Foley
(d) Mr. Fury
5. What happens to the merry-go-round when Will flicks the switch?
(a) It stops
(b) It explodes
(c) It accelerates
(d) It runs backwards
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Fury help people do?
2. Who does Miss Foley telephone?
3. What is Mr. Dark's arm covered in?
4. What does Mr. Halloway say men despair at?
5. Who do Jim and Will hear talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lightning rod salesman think about the woman he sees in the shop window?
2. How do Will and Jim turn Mr. Cooger into a 130-year-old man?
3. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
4. Why do the boys think it is strange that the lightning rod salesman has left his bag?
5. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
6. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
7. How do Jim and Will react differently when Robert invites them to come to the carnival with him?
8. How do Jim and Will react differently to the carnival poster?
9. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
10. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)