Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Halloway go after the library?
(b) A saloon
(c) A brothel
(d) A restaurant
2. Who does the man in the suit introduce himself as?
(a) Mr. Hell
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Nightshade
(d) Mr. Coogar
3. What do the carnival people set up in the fields?
(b) Totem poles
4. What street do William and James live on?
(a) York Street
(b) Opiate Street
(c) Oak Street
(d) Elm Street
5. What does Will think being good involves?
(a) Believing in God
(b) Not smoking
(c) Having a family
(d) Being happy
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Mr. Coogar have?
2. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
3. Who do Will and Jim run into at the carnival?
4. What does Will hear his father burn?
5. What does Will think really worries his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will call the witch back to their house?
2. Why does Mr. Halloway not want Will to cry?
3. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
4. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
5. What strange things happen as Jim and Will walk through town?
6. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
7. How does Mr. Halloway defeat the witch?
8. What does the customer talk to Mr. Halloway about when he enters the bar?
9. What is strange about the carousel?
10. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)