|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charles Halloway when he sees Jim and Will run by?
(a) The saloon
(c) The library
(d) His mother's house
2. Who does the author describe as being marbled with dark?
(a) Mr. Halloway
(c) Mr. Dark
3. What does Will think really worries his father?
(a) His mother
(b) His job
(c) His drinking
(d) The carnival
4. Where do Will and Jim find the 12-year-old boy?
(a) A baseball park
(b) The Mirror Maze
(c) The Bumper Cars
(d) Miss Foley's house
5. What is William's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Tom Fury predict the storm will hit?
2. What does Will hear his father burn?
3. What does Jim tell Will he wants to see?
4. What does the sign advertise?
5. When does Will think the storm will arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
2. What is strange about the carousel?
3. What does the lightning rod look like?
4. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
5. What does Mr. Dark want Mr. Halloway to do for him?
6. Why do the boys think it is strange that the lightning rod salesman has left his bag?
7. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
8. How do Jim and Will react differently to meeting Robert?
9. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
10. What does the lightning rod salesman think about the woman he sees in the shop window?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)