|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
2. What happens when Mr. Dark turns on the electric chair?
(a) Mr. Coogar becomes young again
(b) Mr. Coogar begins to laugh
(c) Mr. Coogar comes alive
(d) Mr. Coogar turns to dust
3. What disappointing thing happens to children in September?
(a) The rain starts
(b) The sun disappears
(c) Baseball season finishes
(d) School starts
4. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Fury
(d) Miss Foley
5. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
(a) A football
(b) A suitcase
(c) A leather bag
(d) A dead body
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will think really worries his father?
2. Where does Miss Foley want to meet Mr. Halloway?
3. Who jumps on the merry-go-round?
4. Where does Will's father go just before Will falls asleep?
5. What does Tom Fury help people do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
2. How does Mr. Halloway kill Mr. Dark?
3. What is Mr Dark's new act?
4. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
5. What does Will tell his dad on the phone?
6. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
7. What information about the carnival does Mr. Halloway show Jim and Will?
8. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
9. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
10. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)