|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halloway think women are?
2. Why does Jim want Will to leave?
(a) It is not safe
(b) Mr. Coogar won't come out
(c) He does not like him
(d) He wants time on his own
3. What street do William and James live on?
(a) York Street
(b) Oak Street
(c) Opiate Street
(d) Elm Street
4. What do Will and Jim check out in Chapter 15?
(a) The Theater
(b) The comic book store
(c) The carnival
(d) The library
5. What is the name of the lightning rod salesman?
(a) Frank Thunder
(b) Davie Flash
(c) Tom Fury
(d) Jack Storm
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Jim and Will up?
2. What do the boys use to look out at the carnival?
3. Who does the dwarf look like?
4. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
5. What great thing happens to children in June?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Foley think about the mirrors in her house?
2. What story do Will and Jim tell the lightning rod salesman?
3. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
4. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
5. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
6. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
7. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
8. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
9. What wakes up Jim and Will during the night?
10. What does the customer talk to Mr. Halloway about when he enters the bar?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)