|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway think that Jim will always see coming?
(a) The blows
(b) The women
(c) The chances
(d) The jobs
2. What do Jim and Will see flying above the train?
(a) A broomstick
(b) A balloon
(c) An eagle
(d) An airplane
3. Who do Jim and Will hear talking?
(a) Miss Foley and Mr. Coogar
(b) Miss Foley and Mr. Halloway
(c) Mr. Coogar and Mr. Tetley
(d) Mr. Dark and Mr. Coogar
4. Where are the boy and Miss Foley going after dinner?
(a) The library
(b) The saloon
(c) The carnival
(d) Will's house
5. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
(a) A twelve-year-old boy
(b) An old woman
(c) A dwarf
(d) A tiger
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of novels do Will and Jim choose?
2. What does Jim's mother want Jim to do before he leaves her?
3. What is on Hickory Street?
4. What does Jim decide to take off the roof of his house?
5. What is Mr. Coogar strapped into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
2. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
3. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
4. How does Jim upset Will at the end of Chapter 21?
5. What does Mr. Halloway think is the difference between Jim and Will?
6. What does Mr. Halloway say about white hat and black hat books?
7. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
8. Why does Jim want to go back to the carousel?
9. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
10. How does Mr. Halloway react when Will notices him looking at the carnival poster?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)