|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will hear his father muttering?
(c) Save our souls
2. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
(a) Help yourself
(b) Out of order
(c) Enter at your own risk
(d) Do not enter
3. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
(a) A tiger
(b) A dwarf
(c) An old woman
(d) A twelve-year-old boy
4. What does Mr. Halloway see a sculpture of in the window?
(a) A woman
(b) An eagle
(c) A dinosaur
(d) A drawf
5. What is on Hickory Street?
(a) The Comic Store
(b) The Town Hall
(c) The Town Museum
(d) The Theater
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
2. What happens when Mr. Dark turns on the electric chair?
3. What does Mr. Dark give Will and Jim?
4. Where are the boy and Miss Foley going after dinner?
5. When does Will think the storm will arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the salesman find out whose house the storm will hit?
2. What do Will and Jim think about the boy they see run into Miss Foley's house?
3. How do Jim and Will react differently to the carnival poster?
4. What happens when Cooger rides on the carousel?
5. How does Robert react to seeing Will and Jim outside his window?
6. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
7. How do Jim and Will react differently to watching the Theater?
8. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
9. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
10. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)