|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jim and Will's town?
(a) Green Town
(b) Dark Town
(c) White Town
(d) Red Town
2. How does Will describe his father's mood?
3. What does Will hear his father muttering?
(c) Save our souls
4. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
5. What does Will think being good involves?
(a) Having a family
(b) Not smoking
(c) Believing in God
(d) Being happy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dark give Will and Jim?
2. What do the carnival people set up in the fields?
3. What does Will think that Mr. Coogar wants them to do?
4. What does Will think really worries his father?
5. What does Mr. Halloway think Jim will do when he sees the blows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway see when he steps out of the bar?
2. What does Mr. Halloway say about white hat and black hat books?
3. How do Will and Jim turn Mr. Cooger into a 130-year-old man?
4. What is Mr Dark's new act?
5. What strange things happen as Jim and Will walk through town?
6. What does the lightning rod salesman think about the woman he sees in the shop window?
7. How do Jim and Will react differently to watching the Theater?
8. What shocking things do Will and Jim see when they go back to the carnival with the police?
9. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
10. What does the lightning rod look like?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)