|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim's mother want Jim to do before he leaves her?
(a) Give her money
(b) Make her laugh
(c) Buy her a present
(d) Say goodbye
2. Where does Will go when Jim gives him his books?
(b) A cafe
(c) The library
(d) A saloon
3. What do people see through the window of the fifth house?
(a) People taking drugs
(b) People undressing
(c) People kissing
(d) People playing poker
4. What happens when Mr. Dark turns on the electric chair?
(a) Mr. Coogar becomes young again
(b) Mr. Coogar comes alive
(c) Mr. Coogar begins to laugh
(d) Mr. Coogar turns to dust
5. Who does Jim's mother say Jim looks like?
(a) His grandfather
(b) His uncle
(c) His father
(d) His older brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chapter 3 focus on?
2. How does Will describe his father's mood?
3. What great thing happens to children in June?
4. Where are the boy and Miss Foley going after dinner?
5. Where do the two boys go after supper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares Jim and Will about the train?
2. What does the prologue say about months of a year from a boy's point of view?
3. What does Jim decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What does Miss Foley say she saw in the Mirror Maze?
5. What does Mr. Halloway say about white hat and black hat books?
6. What does the reader learn about Jim in Chapter 9?
7. What does Mr. Halloway see in the shop window?
8. What is strange about the carnival and its people?
9. What is Mr Dark's new act?
10. What does Miss Foley think about the mirrors in her house?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)